Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sample almost anything into Audioshare/Gadget/Abu Dhabi via screen recorder and shortcuts

Little vid I made that you might find useful:

iOS screen recorder is stereo in ios13, which makes this process nicer still.

Comments

• Thank you for sharing, nice.

• Great stuff, thanks. :)

• Nice! How do you set up that shortcut???

• Pretty much as you see it. First search for ‘video’, choose ‘get latest video’. Then search for ‘encode’, choose ‘encode media’, expand it and choose the ‘audio only’ option. Finally search for ‘clipboard’, choose ‘copy to clipboard’.

• Very nice, thank you!

• Very cool

• Follow up: where did you find that particular Shortcut?

• thanks for sharing. now i am understanding the power of shortcuts. very cool

• Keep in mind that screen recordings don't capture the audio at full-fidelity.

• This could be useful; thanks! :D

• Very, very, very nice! Thanks!

• Holy crap thank you

• I haven't used Shortcuts before, time to start now!

Is it possible to also add some of the Audioshare stuff to the same action? Open app, copy from pasteboard, ... how flexible is this Shortcuts thing? Or, can developers to something to make their apps available as Shortcuts actions?

• I believe the latter, can see in the list on my phone things like 'post to Instagram' and 'search Google drive', I assume because I have those installed.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Follow up: where did you find that particular Shortcut?

Somone on the forums here mentioned it.

• Shortcuts is just brilliant, so much power if you take the time to learn things and set it up. I might have to try this one out, thanks!

• Several good ideas in this video. Thanks.

• Pretty cool.. thanks for sharing 🥁

• edited October 2019

@bleep said:
    I haven't used Shortcuts before, time to start now!

Is it possible to also add some of the Audioshare stuff to the same action? Open app, copy from pasteboard, ... how flexible is this Shortcuts thing? Or, can developers to something to make their apps available as Shortcuts actions?

Haha I’ll betcha anything in a year or two people are gonna be begging for Shortcuts support in new apps.I didn’t see AudioShare in the list of available apps for Shortcut actions, but my brain is tying itself into spaghetti thinking about ways to automate sample kit creation , organize projects and stems into folders automatically etc etc etc

• I’ve got Shortcuts to convert to audio. But how do you get it to copy to clipboard

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I’ve got Shortcuts to convert to audio. But how do you get it to copy to clipboard

search for ‘clipboard’, choose ‘copy to clipboard’.

• @matte said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I’ve got Shortcuts to convert to audio. But how do you get it to copy to clipboard

search for ‘clipboard’, choose ‘copy to clipboard’.

Got it. Thanks!