Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

first gig tonight using JUST the iPad...

Tonight's gig will the first time I'll be using just the iPad and a controller keyboard. All set up in AUM Mixer and in the studio it's been pretty solid, so we'll see how it goes tonight :)

Comments

• Represent!

• Break a leg, and report back!

• Good luck! What apps/synths/fx are you using?

• Thanks guys, yeah I will report back!
    @auxmix - using Ravenscroft, iFretless bass, Sunrizer Synth, Neo-Soul EP's and Pure Synth Platinum...all running in various sessions in AUM Mixer, controlled by the SL88 for notes and from Unrealbook for selecting sessions.

• @pax-eterna said:
    Thanks guys, yeah I will report back!
    @auxmix - using Ravenscroft, iFretless bass, Sunrizer Synth, Neo-Soul EP's and Pure Synth Platinum...all running in various sessions in AUM Mixer, controlled by the SL88 for notes and from Unrealbook for selecting sessions.

wow ! gL with that. which iPad ?

i'm waiting too to make my iPad gig soon !

• Have fun out there!

• edited October 2019

@pax-eterna said:
    Tonight's gig will the first time I'll be using just the iPad and a controller keyboard. All set up in AUM Mixer and in the studio it's been pretty solid, so we'll see how it goes tonight :)

I hope you had a good show! In December, I started doing some iOS only gigs with either an iPad 6(2017) or iPad Pro(2015) and an iPhone 6 Plus. I ran AUM on both devices with the iPhone 6 Plus coming in as a channel on my iPad Pro. I don't use a keyboard controller because my fingers are paralyzed in the first place. The apps that I've used for live performance with iOS devices are: AUM, Spacecraft, Borderlands granular, Rozeta Bassline, Rozeta Particles, Troublemaker, iSEM, Poison-202, Rozeta Rhythm, DAW cassette, launch pad pro, ChordPolyPad, Rozeta Noir. As one could a imagine, I was really pushing it, DSP wise and learned a lot in the process. My audio interface for those performances were a novation audiohub.

I just purchased a new iPad Pro and look forward to my gigs later this month using it and probably the Modal Craft Rhythm drum machine.

For a sound reference of a gig I played with the aforementioned iOS devices here is a link. Tracks 6,7 & 8 are with iOS devices and tracks 1-5 are performed using and macBook Pro With Live 9.

https://open.spotify.com/album/14cpPDkOj2c9oaZBddqOw2?si=fPR1bT6IQRy34kmZ7dBYsQ

• @raimundoarriagada said:

wow ! gL with that. which iPad ?

i'm waiting too to make my iPad gig soon !

iPad Pro 12 (1st gen although it might be early 2nd gen)

• @DWP510 said:

For a sound reference of a gig I played with the aforementioned iOS devices here is a link. Tracks 6,7 & 8 are with iOS devices and tracks 1-5 are performed using and macBook Pro With Live 9.

Thanks, but I couldn't listen- Spotify want me to join up so maybe some other time .. thanks for the link though

• So all went fine, but I was thinking it would be nice to have separate audio control for what I was playing and the backing tracks so I might muck around with using my iphone (8s) as the audio source for the instruments into the mixer, and continue using the audio out of the iPad (via Unrealbook) for the tracks - I sorta need to use the Unrealbook player as I have timing marks on my charts for some files which align to a playing time counter in UB - haha I cannot look at two devices at the same time....

Just need to figure out if I can transfer AUM MIxer setups to the iPhone, and then control it AND the iPad from the same Bluetooth controller :)

• damn :( NeoSoul and PureSynth are NOT available for iPhone....

• @pax-eterna said:
    damn :( NeoSoul and PureSynth are NOT available for iPhone....

Crudebyte's makes a $20 IAP for the Colussus Piano app that emulates all the standard E-Pianos:
    Rhodes, Whirly, Yamaha FM, Roland EP and Clavinet. They do tend to load slowly due to sample size
    but they sound great.

Korg Module is also good for many of those sounds.

OR maybe you could grab an older iPad for the sound module.

• Get em! Melt faces! I know you will. I’m not nervous so don’t you be

• @pax-eterna said:
    So all went fine, but I was thinking it would be nice to have separate audio control for what I was playing and the backing tracks so I might muck around with using my iphone (8s) as the audio source for the instruments into the mixer, and continue using the audio out of the iPad (via Unrealbook) for the tracks - I sorta need to use the Unrealbook player as I have timing marks on my charts for some files which align to a playing time counter in UB - haha I cannot look at two devices at the same time....

Just need to figure out if I can transfer AUM MIxer setups to the iPhone, and then control it AND the iPad from the same Bluetooth controller :)

Transferring AUM devices is definitely possible. BUT, you will want to ensure that any apps, or their respective user presets, are also transferable. I'm running into a similar problem transferring between iOS devices with launchpad, As there is no support for doing this....yet

• Im sorry, the link to the video is not working....

• edited October 2019

@pax-eterna said:

I hope you had a good show! In December, I started doing some iOS only gigs with either an iPad 6(2017) or iPad Pro(2015) and an iPhone 6 Plus. I ran AUM on both devices with the iPhone 6 Plus coming in as a channel on my iPad Pro. I don't use a keyboard controller because my fingers are paralyzed in the first place. The apps that I've used for live performance with iOS devices are: AUM, Spacecraft, Borderlands granular, Rozeta Bassline, Rozeta Particles, Troublemaker, iSEM, Poison-202, Rozeta Rhythm, DAW cassette, launch pad pro, ChordPolyPad, Rozeta Noir. As one could a imagine, I was really pushing it, DSP wise and learned a lot in the process. My audio interface for those performances were a novation audiohub.

I just purchased a new iPad Pro and look forward to my gigs later this month using it and probably the Modal Craft Rhythm drum machine.

@pax-eterna said:

@DWP510 said:

Thanks, but I couldn't listen- Spotify want me to join up so maybe some other time .. thanks for the link though

Here you go!
    Using AUM, Spacecraft, borderlands granular, Effectrix(IAA), Troublemaker, Rozeta baseline, ChordPolyPad(IAA),Rozeta rhythm, MV08, Perforator, Eos 2 and ReSlice on iPad.

On the iPhone I was running AUM, File player and ElaticFX

My interface was the novation Audiohub. The iPhone was plugged into the interface’s RCA inputs. The iPad is connected via the USB-B input with a camera connection kit into the back of the interface, where a computer would normally be connected. This allowed me to run AUM from the iPhone as an input channel to AUM on iPad as main mixer for everything. I hope this informs some folks. I couldn’t have done all of that without being a member of this forum. This recording was my maiden voyage performing with only iOS devices. I just played my fourth iOS only set this past Saturday.

https://youtu.be/Aw6iODcqIQ4
    https://youtu.be/0LZvTKeWOdA
    https://youtu.be/Bm7V3oIyQzY> @DWP510 said:

• thanks for the links - not my style really, but very impressive what you've done there!

• @pax-eterna said:

Good gosh that’s awesome man! I remember in the early 80’s being thrilled when the DX7 came out .. I no longer needed to lug around my DynoMy Rhodes, B3 and Leslie, Horner D6, Elka Rhapsody, and Minimoog, now it was just my uber lightweight and compact kit of just the DX7 and Jupiter 8 .. lol. Now days as a retired club player I look at you guys getting great sounds live with just these slim devices the size of a piece of paper and a lightweight controller keyboard and think maybe I should come out of retirement 🤠 Thanks for sharing and best wishes.

• Any chance we could see a video of the gig @pax-eterna ? Would love to see the set :D or at least an audio recording of it.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Any chance we could see a video of the gig @pax-eterna ? Would love to see the set :D or at least an audio recording of it.

Nah sorry - I do solo and it's pretty difficult to film at the same time haha! I mnight one day if I can get friends to do it for me.

• @pax-eterna said:
    thanks for the links - not my style really, but very impressive what you've done there!

Looking forward to hearing your work. I wasn’t necessarily looking for compliments, but thought I would share with the iOS community. I don’t stick to specific genres, but my music practice is experimental in nature.

• @DWP510 said:

@pax-eterna said:
    thanks for the links - not my style really, but very impressive what you've done there!

Looking forward to hearing your work. I wasn’t necessarily looking for compliments, but thought I would share with the iOS community. I don’t stick to specific genres, but my music practice is experimental in nature.

nah nah, sorry - didn't mean to imply you were :) - I was seriously impressed with how you did all of it - experimental is not really my scene as I wrote, but that does NOT in any denigrate what you have achieved B)