Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumafusion and imported audio: low volume

Hi, I'm using Lumafusion to edit my videos, and normally I import a fully mastered audio track to be aligned with the video. I noticed though that the imported audio track volume is much lower with respect to how it should be played. If I go back and forth between audio share and lumafusion I clearly hear the difference in volume. I guess lumafusion is applying some kind of volume normalisation to avoid clipping and give a bit of headroom?
I could adjust the volume in lumafusion of course, and try to match the original loudness, but that would kinda alter the loudness adjustments I did during the mastering progress, wouldn't it?
Did anybody face the same problem?

Comments

• Changing the gain won't affect the dynamic range in Lumafusion. so, it won't undo your mastering. Also, make sure you have ducking off for the event. I think the auto ducking occasionally does surprising things when there is only one track.

• @silent1
    I had the same and upped the volume inside LF. The rendered video was much too loud.
    Leaving Audio as is (quieter in LF) and just exporting after the video editing keeps the volume like in the input files.

It is always like this so i guess it is default behavior. Have you tried actually a rendered file how the volume is?

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @silent1
    I had the same and upped the volume inside LF. The rendered video was much too loud.
    Leaving Audio as is (quieter in LF) and just exporting after the video editing keeps the volume like in the input files.

It is always like this so i guess it is default behavior. Have you tried actually a rendered file how the volume is?

You're right, I upped the volume and exported to YouTube, and the audio was horribly distorted. I'm exporting again leaving the volume level untouched, let's see how it goes. Thanks!