Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audioveek Atom Loop size Bug?

Hi folks

I can’t find any manual for Atom to help with this ...

I have a 16 bar loop, but the loop extent is stuck at 15:02:25 and it will just not budge to let me expand the loop size to 16 bars.

I need this for a live show tonight, so if anyone can help explain how to do this, or if I’ve encountered a bug, that would be much appreciated ...

Cheers
Richard

Comments

• edited October 2019

@craftycurate

I'm currently away from my iPad, but here's a suggestion that might work for you...

It looks like you've reached some kind of hard limit to the pattern length in Atom, so you could perhaps try shrinking your pattern down to 8 bars and set the tempo muliplier to x0.5?

This would result in an 8 bar pattern stretched to cover 16 bars

Fortunately it looks like your pattern is mostly used for chord progressions (or perhaps to trigger an arpeggiator?) so it shouldn't matter that you are condensing the midi notes down into half the size.

• edited October 2019

Sometimes the handle is hard to grab. Try it again. I had it way longer than this.

• @craftycurate said:
    Hi folks

I can’t find any manual for Atom to help with this ...

I have a 16 bar loop, but the loop extent is stuck at 15:02:25 and it will just not budge to let me expand the loop size to 16 bars.

I need this for a live show tonight, so if anyone can help explain how to do this, or if I’ve encountered a bug, that would be much appreciated ...

Cheers
    Richard

Yeah i get this too, its not very usable, sometimes you can do a pitch gesture and move it a little more but it get stuck again. Hopefully the dev can fix this in the future.

• It seems to be editable up till the point I play the loop for the first time and then it locks up from that point on.

• I have the same problem with Atom. Of course the Snap and Grid determines how expansion et vv. works, but it's very, very hard to slide to the next or previous snap. I tried everything in, above and under the timeline (long hold slide, short hold slide, pencil preciese tick and hold slide, etc.), but it feels like luck when the endindicator sometimes (!) moves.
    Also, I wish Atom had a 'record without loop' button, because I often hope to record midi from another app without setting the cliplength first! I contacted Audioveek via audioveek.com, but didn't get an answer.

• +1 Having a ‘free record’ option without setting a predetermined length would be awesome.

@Harro said:
    I have the same problem with Atom. Of course the Snap and Grid determines how expansion et vv. works, but it's very, very hard to slide to the next or previous snap. I tried everything in, above and under the timeline (long hold slide, short hold slide, pencil preciese tick and hold slide, etc.), but it feels like luck when the endindicator sometimes (!) moves.
    Also, I wish Atom had a 'record without loop' button, because I often hope to record midi from another app without setting the cliplength first! I contacted Audioveek via audioveek.com, but didn't get an answer.

• edited October 2019

@MrBlaschke said:
    Sometimes the handle is hard to grab. Try it again. I had it way longer than this.

It’s editable until I play the loop. Believe me I tried tapping it every which way for a couple of minutes, but thanks, it’s always worth tapping carefully, though I was using an Apple Pencil which is usu pretty precise.

@tk32 said:
    @craftycurate

I'm currently away from my iPad, but here's a suggestion that might work for you...

It looks like you've reached some kind of hard limit to the pattern length in Atom, so you could perhaps try shrinking your pattern down to 8 bars and set the tempo muliplier to x0.5?

This would result in an 8 bar pattern stretched to cover 16 bars

Fortunately it looks like your pattern is mostly used for chord progressions (or perhaps to trigger an arpeggiator?) so it shouldn't matter that you are condensing the midi notes down into half the size.

I think from an earlier dev post the bar limit was increased to >100?

But thanks the tempo multiplier has been handy in other contexts, and it is partly Bering used to drive arps and partly to drive pads.

• I think you need to turn off the speaker for it to move freely.. read it somewhere..

• No issue here on iPhone 7 Plus in AUM and AB, so hard to check. Perhaps iPad related?

• @RajahP said:
    I think you need to turn off the speaker for it to move freely.. read it somewhere..

I’ll try that thanks.

Does anyone know if there Is there a manual anywhere?