Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problems with Cubasis and Ruismaker Noir

Hi! I hope that someone can help me with a problem I can’t seem to solve.
I want to use Ruismaker Noir in Cubasis 2 on my iPad Pro, but when I use it as inter-app audio the beat is sounding throughout the whole track even if I record it (for example) in the middle of the track. And nothing happens if I move around the recording on the track, shorten it etc: It still sounds throughout the whole track. What am I doing wrong?
The two apps works well together sometimes when using Audiobus 3 instead, but Cubasis and Audiobus work only sporadically when I use it. But I guess that is another problem.
Very grateful if someone can give me some feedback and help!

Comments

• Last time I checked Ruismaker Noir was an AUv3 and Cubasis handles it just fine...
    So instead of struggling with IAA try using it as AUv3.

• If you use the sequencer in Ruismaker Noir and want to capture the audio, create an empty part in the Cubasis sequencer and use Track Freeze.

• Indeed, use the AU inside Cubasis. You can also record the MIDI output of the sequencer instead of freezing the entire track.

• @brambos said:
    Indeed, use the AU inside Cubasis. You can also record the MIDI output of the sequencer instead of freezing the entire track.

Once you have recorded the midi, disable the sequencer inside the AU.

• edited October 2019

Maybe you armed more than one track and recorded your performance on another track too which is playing for the whole track? I do this at times through oversight recording over an audio event that is not easily visible with 2 overlaying audio events and all events play back

• edited October 2019

Thank you everyone for all your feedback! I realize I wasn’t very good at explaining, I’m kinda new to this. I was using it as AUv3 (and not IAA, I understand now the difference). How do I disable the sequencer inside the AU? Maybe that is where the problem lies.

• @MobileMusic said:
    Maybe you armed more than one track and recorded your performance on another track too which is playing for the whole track? I do this at times through oversight recording over an audio event that is not easily visible with 2 overlaying audio events and all events play back

Thank you for the suggestion, but no it is not that. I discovered it with a couple of tracks in the song.

• @Kira said:
    How do I disable the sequencer inside the AU? Maybe that is where the problem lies.

The little button at the bottom - right corner of the sequencer that says "Disable". B)

• @wim said:

@Kira said:
    How do I disable the sequencer inside the AU? Maybe that is where the problem lies.

The little button at the bottom - right corner of the sequencer that says "Disable". B)

Ah, ok, get it, I thought first I was supposed to disable something in Cubasis... Doesn’t seem to change anything when i disable it...

• @Kira said:

@wim said:

@Kira said:

Ah, ok, get it, I thought first I was supposed to disable something in Cubasis... Doesn’t seem to change anything when i disable it...

It stops the internal sequencer of Noir from running. If you're still getting sound coming from it when the sequencer is disabled then you must be sending midi to it some how. It might be helpful to post some more details, including a screenshot or two, if you need more specific help.

• I’m posting a picture here to see if that might explain it better than I can. The notes on these three tracks play throughout the whole track, even where it is gray (before and after). Even if I remove the blue (not sure what it is called) it continues to sound. Why?

• @Kira said:

I’m posting a picture here to see if that might explain it better than I can. The notes on these three tracks play throughout the whole track, even where it is gray (before and after). Even if I remove the blue (not sure what it is called) it continues to sound. Why?

The sequencer in Ruismaker Noir AUv3 Is likely turned on...

• @Kira said:
    I’m posting a picture here to see if that might explain it better than I can. The notes on these three tracks play throughout the whole track, even where it is gray (before and after). Even if I remove the blue (not sure what it is called) it continues to sound. Why?

You have three separate instances of Noir in the project. The sequencer needs to be disabled in all three. You probably only disabled one or two.

• Yes!! Thank you very much for your very swift and patient support!

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

You worked through some pretty advanced stuff there on your own too. B)