Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blue Mangoo just submitted an update for iFretless Sax with AU3 support. (Best Sax on iOS IMO, LL)

Comments

• This is good news.
    I love this app.

• Very much appreciate the update! Thanks!

• From
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=2ahUKEwj1vb_z3o_lAhUOIlAKHaSADfwQFjAEegQIABAB&url=https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34340/ifretless-brass-audio-demo&usg=AOvVaw3kva66ZI3PUNQz7xRl8cXq

@Satie said:
    Inspired by this discussion here, I used frestless brass and frestless sax on my new album (songs Highlands, Point On).
    If You like, please have a try on spotify/apple-music or all other streaming services: R.Kuhn „Attention Span“.

I eagerly hope for frestless sax as audio

That was quick 😊- thanks again.

• edited October 2019

Just my 2 cents to say that this new version of iFretless Sax is far and away the best Sax and clarinet sounds yet to my ears. Blows away the likes of Sensual Sax and BeatHawk. Easily recorded three instances AU... Alto, Bari and Funky Tenor in the track below. Raw sounds basically with a little TB reverb and FAC Maxima on global send. I hope @flo26 will do a demo that gives justice to this incredible update as this is from a keyboard midi track rather than the iF fretboard. Many thanks for this @Blue_Mangoo!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Just my 2 cents to say that this new version of iFretless Sax is far and away the best Sax and clarinet sounds yet to my ears. Blows away the likes of Sensual Sax and BeatHawk. Easily recorded three instances AU... Alto, Bari and Funky Tenor in the track below. Raw sounds basically with a little TB reverb and FAC Maxima on global send. I hope @flo26 will do a demo that gives justice to this incredible update as this is from a keyboard midi track rather than the iF fretboard. Many thanks for this @Blue_Mangoo!

Glad to hear you like it.

FYI sensual sax is also running on code written by us, with samples from embertone. The biggest difference between iFretless sax and sensual sax is that sensual sax has true legato samples, meaning that when you play play legato transitions between notes, it actually plays a recording of a real sax playing the transition between those two notes. That is cool because it has the click of the keys and the little glitch as the vibration of the reed changes frequency. IFretless sax doesn’t have note transition samples but it does have nine different velocity layers so it’s dynamic response has a much wider variety of tones and you can limit the range of the samples to get only loud or only soft samples which means you can get several really different tones out of each instrument.

• Here is my demo for the newly updated iFretless Sax

• edited October 2019

Thanks @Blue_Mangoo for the clarification. I personally think the vibrato heavier on Sensual Sax, like all the other saxes out there (tho I have used it with pleasure in the past). iF Sax seems to have less vibrato, not to mention the great bass clarinet and Bflat clarinet.
    I should also mention that I used iF Bass on this track. The acoustic i use here is my favorite.

I also love the new UIs compared to the previous. I imagine iF Guitar is next?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Blue_Mangoo for the clarification. I personally think the vibrato heavier on Sensual Sax, like all the other saxes out there (tho I have used it with pleasure in the past). iF Sax seems to have less vibrato, not to mention the great bass clarinet and Bflat clarinet.
    I should also mention that I used iF Bass on this track. The acoustic i use here is my favorite.

I also love the new UIs compared to the previous. I imagine iF Guitar is next?

Yes. Guitar is up next.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my demo for the newly updated iFretless Sax

Thanks @thesoundtestroom. That’s a fantastic demo!

• @Blue_Mangoo Doesn't iFretless Sax have MPE support? Is there a reason for that? I ask this because iFretless Bass supports MPE and I love it in combination with my Roli Seaboard and Lightpad.

• It’s neat that you can blend in a secondary instrument, the settings menu gives you loads of control.

• The ‘sax section arranged’ preset is excellent for instant horn section arrangements, just by playing guitar chord shapes. Genius idea

• edited October 2019

@Tickletiger said:
    The ‘sax section arranged’ preset is excellent for instant horn section arrangements, just by playing guitar chord shapes. Genius idea

Yep, seems like a standard has been set for AU file (preset) management and other thing in this app.

Genius indeed..