Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most musical Bitcrushing AU?

I am always on the hunt for more good bit crush style fx, sample rate reduction etc etc. I have Resampler, but am sure there is something more out there for my hungry app ghost. Most bitcrushers I have used were too jarring, I really loved the LoFi fx suite on the Octatrack but since then haven't found much to love on iOS or Desktop

Comments

• Electrogene by the maker of Vatanator is my favorite Bitcrusher to use on drums. Pair it with a low pass filter for some fun. 😁 Here is an example where I'm doing that.

• sweet! checking it out now, thanks

• There are quite a few good ones for the bitcrushing fans. I like Buttercup Bit-crush, Caramel and Degrader.

• Bandit and Resampler are the best IMO

• I've yet to find a 'super smooth' down-sampler as most have a pretty 'stepped' selection of downsampling rates.

Ideal would be to have a S&H module clocked with an oscillator where the rate can be freely set and modulated.
    This was super easy to do with miRack but no current AUv3 comes even close...

• Tardigrain has a sample crusher if you own it, put it as an AU effect and hit the monitor button.

• Blamsoft Resampler. I've performed whole compositions by just modulating it's parameters in real time!

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Tardigrain has a sample crusher if you own it, put it as an AU effect and hit the monitor button.

ooh yeah I do love the sampcrush in that!

• +1 Blamsoft Resampler! Comes with a money-back guarantee as well.

I also like RX950 a lot for more subtle stuff.

• I just grabbed Electrogene and redownloaded Resampler, feeling pretty covered here. Electrogene especially is super musical and just what I was looking for, I even prefer it sonically to the Octa fx!

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I just grabbed Electrogene and redownloaded Resampler, feeling pretty covered here. Electrogene especially is super musical and just what I was looking for, I even prefer it sonically to the Octa fx!

Woo!

I'll need to try some of the other combos recommended here.

• -->Shaper <---

also Shaper

• @audiblevideo said:
    -->Shaper <---

also Shaper

so close to just buying. but gawd ive spent 50 USD in the last week on apps, time to slow down

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I am always on the hunt for more good bit crush style fx, sample rate reduction etc etc. I have Resampler, but am sure there is something more out there for my hungry app ghost. Most bitcrushers I have used were too jarring, I really loved the LoFi fx suite on the Octatrack but since then haven't found much to love on iOS or Desktop

I rarely use bit crushers because they never sound "musical" to me.
    For dirtyness I much prefer the JAF collection.