Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

David gilmour « marooned » played with ios apps.Vidéo.

Screen recording.
You will see apps settings at the end of the track.
Thanks!
Flo

Comments

• edited October 2019

Man...the Guitarking is back...at least my personal G-King lol :smiley:
    Got Goosebumps when the guitar came in - have that often with Pink Floyd/Gilmoure guitars.

Keep’em coming!
    Kind regards.

• Thanks so,so much @MrBlaschke!
    Much appreciated!
    Flo

• Amazing job!

• edited October 2019

Woohoo! Awesome. Really enjoyed this! 4:15 to 4:25 kills it.

• Thanks a lot @LeonKowalski !
    Please you all,subscribe to my channel if you please.It would help me a lot !
    Cheers!
    Flo

• @McD hope you'll enjoy this one.
    To be fair,i did this recording because of you 😉.
    Flo

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks a lot @LeonKowalski !
    Cheers!
    Flo

Done! 👍

• Beautiful..

• @LeonKowalski said:

@flo26 said:
    Cheers!
    Flo

Done! 👍

Thanks so much!!

• @RajahP said:
    Beautiful..

Merci beaucoup!
    Flo

• @flo26 said:
    Cheers!
    Flo

Done. I feel like I need to share this with Gilmour on Twitter.. any objections?

• No,not at all ☺️.
    Thanks a lot !

• @flo26 said:
    @McD hope you'll enjoy this one.
    To be fair,i did this recording because of you 😉.
    Flo

Cool. I own all those apps already... I simply need to play daily for another 10-15 years to get
    hands that supply the essential ingredients to that tone. Somewhere in that time I'll also get a
    decent guitar but it's 90% in those hands.

There's no substitute for putting in the work to reach the summit.

• FYI: At my guitar lesson this week it became clear to me that I have made some progress.
    I just keep slowly making progress. It happens so slowly that it's best to record yourself to detect
    the changes in your abilities. It does give me something to obsess about other than collection apps and
    hardware. Thanks to IOS no one has to hear most of my repetitious exercises to drive the concepts and
    muscle memory into my aging brain neurons.

• The best sound coming from a “iOS guitar” so far. Veeery nice playing. Congrats @flo26 (from a guitarist).

• @flo26 If you have the interest I'd love to hear your thoughts on the filters in the "JAF Collection"
    for guitar uses. It's $15 and models a lot of classic analog synth filters but there's some pretty amazing tone shaping in there that seems to work well for guitar tone geeks.

• @flo26 said:

Done, @flo26

• @MrBlaschke said:

@flo26 said:

Done, @flo26

Thanks so much @MrBlaschke !

• @Faland said:
    The best sound coming from a “iOS guitar” so far. Veeery nice playing. Congrats @flo26 (from a guitarist).

Thanks for the compliment @Faland !

• @McD said:
    FYI: At my guitar lesson this week it became clear to me that I have made some progress.
    I just keep slowly making progress. It happens so slowly that it's best to record yourself to detect
    the changes in your abilities. It does give me something to obsess about other than collection apps and
    hardware. Thanks to IOS no one has to hear most of my repetitious exercises to drive the concepts and
    muscle memory into my aging brain neurons.

@McD ,i really think the most important part is having fun while playing.
    Fun and joy never left me while making music.
    Don’t have any expectations.Just do it because you love doing it.
    Everything else will come in due time.
    To answer your question on filters,i’m not really in those kind of things.I like to keep my guitar tone the purest possible.
    That being said,maybe my next video will be about how to get « weird » guitar sounds with ios apps.
    Have a good day you all!
    Flo

• @flo26 said:
    @McD i really think the most important part is having fun while playing.

This is very consistent with the advice from a lot of my heroes That I've been
    listening to on podcasts. I'll paraphrase their advice:

Robben Ford: Learn those pentatonic patterns up and down the neck and then
    just play and stop being concerned about the "wrong notes". Enjoy the notes that work.
    If you not making mistakes you're probably not having much fun.

Bruce Forman: Practicing scales is important but when you play just forget thinking about them.
    Just do it.

So, I'm finally beginning to see that what they advise is not only possible. It's natural.
    You start adding these words to your personal dictionary hoping to memorize some sentences.
    You start linking sentences into paragraphs and after enough effort you learn to just speak.
    The connections between thoughts and sounds produced get connected in some primal network
    in your neural networks.

I am having fun now. But I still keep learning new words, sentences and how to create paragraphs that sound like my heroes.

I think IOS tools allow everyone to shop for sounds and assemble them without the years of drilling muscle memory and that's empowering. Like the difference between pencil sketching and making images with Photoshop. It's all art and the truly new innovations come from the innovative use of tools.

• McDMcD
    edited October 2019

I forgot to ask... did you front-end the iPad's "audio in" with your Rivera Amp for more tone control? I know that's your general practice. For anyone on a budget the Joyo Amp Sim Pedals are amazing for this purpose.

The use of the "VStomp" app makes me think this is pure IOS. What are the settings used is VStomp?

The DC-9 Overdrive app is also a real gem and sounds amazing when 2 are used in series to imitate that crunchy SRV scratchy sound. SVR's guitar tech moved on to Carlos Santana and got him to try it for low volume tone since the alternative is to go deaf earlier using max'ed out Amps for overdrive tones.

• @McD said:
    I forgot to ask... did you front-end the iPad's "audio in" with your Rivera Amp for more tone control? I know that's your general practice. For anyone on a budget the Joyo Amp Sim Pedals are amazing for this purpose.

The use of the "VStomp" app makes me think this is pure IOS. What are the settings used is VStomp?

The DC-9 Overdrive app is also a real gem and sounds amazing when 2 are used in series to imitate that crunchy SRV scratchy sound. SVR's guitar tech moved on to Carlos Santana and got him to try it for low volume tone since the alternative is to go deaf earlier using max'ed out Amps for overdrive tones.

No rivera amp used,just vstomp app.
    Watch at the end all the video,i show every apps settings.
    Thanks!
    Flo

• McDMcD
    edited October 2019

Brilliant. Here's the AUM config of the 6 apps being used

Does channel 2 indicatethere's a straight stereo guitar signal in the final mix also?

CHANNEL 1 APP's
    DC-9

FuzzPlus3

VStomp - Highwy 103 Amp

iConvolver

OH 412 MRBW GNR CHUNK.wav from OwnHammer

ReAmp - It never occurred to me to use this App at this stage - it's serving as a recording pre-amp

CHANNEL 3 APP
    iFX Rack - in the AUM settings you bus this over to another channel for layout clarity but it could also just be the final stage of channel 1 but one of the upper apps would slide off the srceen

• @McD said:

Thanks for sharing this. Only app here that I don’t have is iConvolver.. but Rooms works great too.

• @_mwallace said:

@McD said:

Thanks for sharing this. Only app here that I don’t have is iConvolver.. but Rooms works great too.

Yes. Rooms! is the only AUv3 (when the IAP is paid) IR Reverb App. iConvolver is IAA only.

For anyone on a budget Fiddlicator (IAA) works great for Guitar IR's and is free for shorter IR's (< 350 msec) but costs $5 to use longer ones (up to 1.4 sec max). However, Fiddlicator includes a solid EQ, Reverb and Delay features. It was designed to be used for Electric Violinists. OwnHammer offers some free 200 msec IR's so you can add this to your signal chain for free effectively. It makes a huge difference to get that Mic'ed cabinet sound in a
    specific room.

• And a quick test drive of the settings... I don't have the Store's VStomp amp but the free fender clone sounds OK. I use a different OwnHammer IR but I tried to get everything as close as I could to see. Here's what a basic G major scale solo sounds like. I still can't get those pinch harmonics on demand:

• @flo26 said:
    To be fair, I did this recording because of you 😉.
    Flo

Did you also pick these specific Apps because I tend to use them or is this how you might
    string together an IOS Rig?

• @McD said:

@flo26 said:
    To be fair, I did this recording because of you 😉.
    Flo

Did you also pick these specific Apps because I tend to use them or is this how you might
    string together an IOS Rig?

GarageBand band amps are equally competent .. you could give them a shot!