Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did you know Multitrackstudio has this amazing feature.....?

I just found out today that Multitrackstudio can convert audioclips to midi data, either beats or pitched notes! When you drag an audio clip from an audio track to a midi track with the drum editor or piano roll view, it converts the audio to beats or picthed notes, depending on the type of editor view selected! Nice one!

Comments

• That actually IS a cool feature! :-)

• Very interesting!

• Just like Ableton Live huh? That's a cool feature, depending on how well it works. No other iOS app does that, AFAIK.

• edited June 2014

I think Midimorphosis does this too.

Edit: Just pitched notes I mean.

• I vaguely remember Thumbjam was supposed to, but I didn't get any luck with it, so forgot about it

• Yes, if you set ThumbJam to save MIDI loops, then you can email the MIDI file or even open in another app, I tried Cubasis and it works.

• Is that the N Track or Corsey Management App?

• @Jumpercollins said:

Is that the N Track or Corsey Management App?

This one: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id776998585?mt=8

• Audio-to-midi conversion aside, is this app worth the 30 bucks plus 20 dollar expansion pack?

• edited June 2014

Yes

• edited June 2014

another some might say less amazing feature, the touchscreen midi GUIs include string instruments (guitar bass violin viola cello) with finger vibrato and string bend, along w/capo's.

Another one is the music notation functionality. One can write, record and edit in staff notation in lieu of piano roll or drum part midi editing...

• And it's very easy on the CPU

• Is it only staff notation, or is there a piano roll? As well, will it send MIDI CC automation/editing out?

• There's score editing (staff) along with one of the best - if not the best - piano roll editors on iOS. Also a drum editor. It does send cc midi of every type, with drawable automation lanes.

• Nice thanks!

• I personally find the minimalistic approach to increase my productivity. There are no visual distractions and the program has been thought out very well. There are lots of useful features on board. The quality of the effects is really good too. I've started a thread in the official MTS forum to collect feature requests for future updates. Please add your wishes.

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2064

The developer is very response and has been updating the app every month. As MTS has a big brother on both the windows and Mac platform, and the developer is slowly porting the features of
    the desktop version to ios, I recommend reading through the extensive manual and listing the features you like to see in the ipad version in the mentioned thread.

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/onlinemanual.php

Please don't shoot me if I sound like a salesperson. I'm just very excited about this app by a fellow dutchman ;)

• DrumPerfect is also Dutch...

• edited June 2014

@maarten
    I find it hard not to sound like a salesman about this software, it continues to amaze. And I'm not Dutch! Thanks for starting the thread on the MTS forum.
    I agree about the minimalist GUI - colors and animations are distracting, and I prefer that the CPU be spent on my (hopefully) colorful and animated audio creations

• This does look pretty amazing, I haven't purchased yet. Any chance that they may add user-programmable samplers to this? Creating soundfonts can be laborious and time-consuming. I will check out the MTS forum.

• edited June 2014

@DarbyA. The desktop version of MTS has a sampler on board. Click the following links for more information

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/sampler.php

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/patcheditor.php

On of the requests that I've posted in the aformentioned thread in the MTS forum is to port the sampler to the ios version of the app.

• edited June 2014

Thanks for the very helpful links @Maarten.

The patch editor looks perfect for me and looks to be a great answer to the many requests for additional samplers on iOS. Your initial thread post covered the features that I most hope for in updates. I will keep checking up on MTS and will purchase as soon as the patch editor is added, if not before.

Edit: Also disk-streaming support has made a huge difference in BM2's instrument sampler. I am able to run full songs with 4-6 custom multisampled instruments on an iPad 2 with only 500 MB of RAM. I would hope to see this included in a MTS sampler. These devices don't have a lot of elbow-room with RAM otherwise.