Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitakt and Loopy HD - The magic sampler+looper combination?

edited October 2019 in App Tips and Tricks

Playing a bit with Loopy HD today and going through the list of possible MIDI control destinations, I suddenly asked myself:
Couldn't the Digitakt control Loopy HD in the most complex ways, making it the most sophisticated looper running in (MIDI clock) sync with the Digitakt?
Digitakt has eight midi tracks and it can send all kinds of MIDI controllers, even as p-locks, and almost anything you want.
It could even act as a beat-synced recording workflow sequencer, automating everything so you don't even have to push a single knob in order to record a complete arrangement or beatboxing layered song in Loopy ... let your creativity flow.
Loopy would not only add stereo tracks to the Digitakt but adding a little DJ mixer with crossfader will make a low-cost Dj-style setup not unlike some Octatrack setups.
And attach your iPhone to the free USB or h/w MIDI port to let the remaining free Digitakt MIDI tracks play additional instruments like AudioLayer samples, Ravenscroft piano, synths, EPs, maybe even hosted in apeMatrix and modulating AUv3 knobs by its MIDI-beat-syncable LFOs.
The DT could sample from external gear, Loopy could record from the iPhone or from the DT to free up tracks.
Just a few ideas to inspire you guys.

Comments

• The Digitakt can also control a hardware looper, like the Eventide H9. Whatever the looper, you can sequence MIDI CCs, so you could change the speed of the loop at any time, reverse it, and (on the H9 at least) change the loop length after recording.

You can also start the looper recording, so you could live-resample your Digitakt's output.

And what about combining the Digitakt with Egoist? You could set an LFO to play random notes, and this would trigger the slices on Egoist!

• @mistercharlie said:
    The Digitakt can also control a hardware looper, like the Eventide H9. Whatever the looper, you can sequence MIDI CCs, so you could change the speed of the loop at any time, reverse it, and (on the H9 at least) change the loop length after recording.

Hey, I didn't even think of the H9. Thanks!

You can also start the looper recording, so you could live-resample your Digitakt's output.

Yep, the kind of flexibility some Octatrack users rave about.

And what about combining the Digitakt with Egoist? You could set an LFO to play random notes, and this would trigger the slices on Egoist!

I'm already playing the slicers in GrooveRider and Gadget/Stockholm but indeed, Egoist is yet another great option :smiley:
    And using the MIDI LFO for random slice triggering is a great idea :+1:
    Building sliced loops just for this purpose and then live-transposing the random note range to get deliberate variation over multiple octaves sounds like worth trying.
    Guess I would use Stockholm because it supports stereo samples, synth-like features and more than 80 slices.

• edited October 2019

@rs2000 I'm interested in using it with Gadget and Stockholm. I never got around to really learning gadget.

Speaking of the H9 and the Digitakt, I came up with a neat chord trick the other day.

• Run the Digitakt into the H9.
    • Use the Quadravox algorithm to make chords from one note.
    • Play a note on the Digitakt, and…
    • simultaneously resample into the Digitakt.

You can almost instantly turn any single note into a chord. You probably need a mixer to make this work, so you can do it without feedback. Make sure the monitoring is off in the Digitakt's sampler.

It works really, really well.

• For a start, unpack the attached zip and place the 2 files to your Gadget Documents folder, add Stockholm in your Gadget project and do the following:
    1. Tap (1), scroll down and choose "039 : Stockholm Init"
    2. Tap (2), tap on the bottom folder icon "User" and enter "DRE" (for Drums, Electric) in the search field above
    3. Select either "DRE_GB_TapeVermonaDRM" or "DRE_GB_DMX606"
    4. Tap (3) and play the samples on the keyboard, record your playing live or add slice notes on the piano roll.

• @rs2000 said:
    Playing a bit with Loopy HD today and going through the list of possible MIDI control destinations, I suddenly asked myself:
    Couldn't the Digitakt control Loopy HD in the most complex ways, making it the most sophisticated looper running in (MIDI clock) sync with the Digitakt?
    Digitakt has eight midi tracks and it can send all kinds of MIDI controllers, even as p-locks, and almost anything you want.
    It could even act as a beat-synced recording workflow sequencer, automating everything so you don't even have to push a single knob in order to record a complete arrangement or beatboxing layered song in Loopy ... let your creativity flow.
    Loopy would not only add stereo tracks to the Digitakt but adding a little DJ mixer with crossfader will make a low-cost Dj-style setup not unlike some Octatrack setups.
    And attach your iPhone to the free USB or h/w MIDI port to let the remaining free Digitakt MIDI tracks play additional instruments like AudioLayer samples, Ravenscroft piano, synths, EPs, maybe even hosted in apeMatrix and modulating AUv3 knobs by its MIDI-beat-syncable LFOs.
    The DT could sample from external gear, Loopy could record from the iPhone or from the DT to free up tracks.
    Just a few ideas to inspire you guys.

Yep, use my hardware into AUM into LOOPY.

How I do everything every day.