Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rotary Mod by Eventide

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1463786028

Description:

Rotary is a rotating cabinet effect that simulates a Leslie speaker. It produces a pulse-like vibrato effect depending on the speed of rotation. Rotary offers precise control to dial in the exact amount of movement you need. This classic, swirly effect has been used on countless hit records to drastically transform guitars, bass, synths and even vocals.

Features:

• Change the speed of the rotor and horn independently and adjust the mix of the two to produce pulsing effects and special vibratos
  • Add frequency modulation to the rotor and horn speed using secondary LFO with selectable modulation source
  • Choose cabinet size (Standard or Giant) to alter the sweetness of your tone
  • Craft the exact sound you need with included Hicut control
  • Use Tap Tempo to sync effect to the BPM of your song
  • Incredibly easy to use with included presets
  • Innovative Ribbon control allows for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
  • Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant
    Available as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone app

Comments

• Sold! I knew I woke up in the middle of the night for some reason!

• edited October 2019

Top notch effect!! Sounds beautiful on strng 😝🤤 and electric pianos! Haunting and ethereal.

• edited October 2019

Hm, i was hoping for whole ModFactor port when that blurred green screenshot was revealed, so i'm bit dissapointed ... Not that this is bad fx, it's great, but.. you know.. was hoping for full load of ModFactor algos :)

• @dendy said:
    Hm, i was hoping for whole ModFactor port when that blurred green screenshot was revealed, so i'm bit dissapointed ... Not that this is bad fx, it's great, but.. you know.. was hoping for full load of ModFactor algos :)

They'll probably release them all as separate apps.

• Well, that's definitely understandable strategy from business point of view, considering desperate pricing model on iOS.. looking forward for next items to this collection, will buy all of them (including current one of course) :)

• Do the drum and horn accelerate/decelerate at different rates?
    And is there any way to adjust their acceleration/deceleration?
    And any way to change virtual mic placement?

• edited October 2019

@TimRussell said:
    Do the drum and horn accelerate/decelerate at different rates?
    And is there any way to adjust their acceleration/deceleration?
    And any way to change virtual mic placement?

-yes
    -not that I can tell within the first few minutes of use, but I do hope there is.
    -no mic placement, but there is rotor/horn mix and hicut. I'd imagine by pairing it with convolution reverb you can get the desired effect, but you're not going to get the ultra-realistic leslie simulation of a close mic'ed cabinet with a whirring motor.

True to form, it does sound incredibly good.

• Thanks
    Mic placement is quite important as it allows you to vary the amount of tremolo in the effect. Sometimes I want a more severe, almost stuttery effect (think the verse on Born to be Wild).

• @TimRussell said:
    Thanks
    Mic placement is quite important as it allows you to vary the amount of tremolo in the effect. Sometimes I want a more severe, almost stuttery effect (think the verse on Born to be Wild).

I see. I haven't tried it with an organ sound yet, but I think you'd be better off with the yonac fx. This is probably too smooth for what you're going for.

• @TimRussell said:
    Thanks

Born to be wild ... have you tried ioptigan?

• 🌀💸

• @auxmux said:
    🌀💸

a bit of a money spinner?

• Every time I hear organ thru a rotary speaker I think if Simpsons... :D

• @RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:
    🌀💸

It's the AppStore funnel where I'm throwing my money, heh.

Can't wait for more H9 algorithms to be ported to AU.

• @hisdudeness said:

@TimRussell said:
    Thanks

Born to be wild ... have you tried ioptigan?

No but it looks v interesting!
    I already have several other rotary speaker options but this one looked really neat, as well as being AU, so will probably give it a miss (although will keep an eye on future updates).

• @RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:
    🌀💸

It far too whirly for jokes like that :|

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:
    🌀💸

too true, Les Lie down for a bit and chill owt!

• @RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:
    🌀💸

I'll be there for a chill in a mo', just gotta call me a Cab Innit !

( My AppStore spending this month is steadily rising, and not sat down to use any of it yet :| )

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:
    🌀💸

( My AppStore spending this month is steadily rising, and not sat down to use any of it yet :| )

Weeerll itz er crying shame you can’t get here sooner! as i need help or physical restraint to stop me picking up all these eventide doodaars ( apart from Ultratap i already got )
    distraction via bad puns can’t last long!
    Taxi!!!

• edited October 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@auxmux said:
    🌀💸

Weeerll itz er crying shame you can’t get here sooner! as i need help or physical restraint to stop me picking up all these eventide doodaars ( apart from Ultratap i already got )
    distraction via bad puns can’t last long!
    Taxi!!!

Not on the 'Road ta recovery yet then ?

• I was a little disappointed that Quadravox wasn’t next in line.

Watching the demo video has fixed that, one step closer to H9 Max in my pocket. Price is very nice too, thanks Eventide!

• Bought it, love it. Well worth seven quid.

• Anyone have thoughts on how this compares sound-wise to the Rotar affect in iFX Rack?

• @wim said:
    Anyone have thoughts on how this compares sound-wise to the Rotar affect in iFX Rack?

Hi @wim tried them both would say you have more control over the sound sculpting with Rotary Mod, it sounds more refined.

• Thanks @Jumpercollins. That's helpful. :smile:

• Go get it! It’s really good IMO.