Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ETide or FabFilt REVERB?

Which one if you had to choose would you buy?(keep)

Is there a $20 difference?

Comments

• edited October 2019

I would get the Toneboosters Reverb, buy (keep) the Eventide and order some takeaway food with the savings.

Blackhole isn’t exactly designed for earthly pursuits, great for sound design purposes and other special effect situations.

Toneboosters covers all use cases (including Shimmer) and sounds excellent. Crazy prices on the TB effects.

• both Etide and FabFilt REVERB are great! Get both.

• Blackhole is for soaring into space. Other reverbs are for filling a room, hall, you get the point. 😉

Both have their place.

• I just grabbed Toneboosters RV and am completely blown away by it. I have used several different iOS 'verbs and this one immediately melted my whole being into pure bliss with its quality. I do still want the Eventide though

• edited October 2019

I haven’t decided myself but I’m leaning toward black hole cuz I already have every other “normal” reverb, eos2 , bleass, kleverb, audio reverb, adverb , shimmer , chrystalline, zero reverb, AUFX space lol... and probably more

• I own 5 of those reverbs you mentioned, had forgotten about some of them. Crystalline needs to be AU, that was my first FX app on ipad that really blissed me out and I loved some of the presets.

• edited October 2019

Get the ToneBoosters one. AT least as good as the others, and so many more tweaking options! Plus you'll save for other goodies.

• Blackhole just went on sale right now along with the other 2 Eventides.

• TB Reverb is excellent and I think on a par with FabFilter. Blackhole is a nice complement if its unique character is something you dig.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Which one if you had to choose would you buy?(keep)

Is there a $20 difference?

The answer is always depends on use case

If you are a guitarist eventide all the way
    Vocals - fab filter pro r
    Shimmer Alone(shimmer fx by
    Allrounder TB as ohers have mentioned
    If you are iPhone user alone TB GUIs will test your eyes .

• Yeah the TB ones are a bit tricky to control on the phone. I wouldn’t object to dry/wet levels being slightly larger on the reverb.

Now would be a very good time to check out the Eventide stuff!

• Buy both. If you don't have enough money, then sell a kidney. You can live with one kidney but you cannot live with only one of these reverbs!

• I'd add the ToneBoosters Reverb to the list as well, love the shimmer on it :)

• edited October 2019

The controls on TB reverb don't respond half as well as fabfilter reverb.

• I use FabFilter Pro-R in almost every track. I have Black Hole, but I don't understand how to use it because it's very unusual reverb and it can't be applied in most situation.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I would get the Toneboosters Reverb, buy (keep) the Eventide and order some takeaway food with the savings.

Blackhole isn’t exactly designed for earthly pursuits, great for sound design purposes and other special effect situations.

Toneboosters covers all use cases (including Shimmer) and sounds excellent. Crazy prices on the TB effects.

Appreciate it

• @DavidM said:
    Get the ToneBoosters one. AT least as good as the others, and so many more tweaking options! Plus you'll save for other goodies.

Wow awesome thanks

• @[Deleted User] said:
    both Etide and FabFilt REVERB are great! Get both.

Stop it...lol

• @RUST( i )K said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    both Etide and FabFilt REVERB are great! Get both.

Stop it...lol

Man shouldn’t you be playing on your ocatrack!

• Get neither, and just put your ipad in the bathroom. :D

I have FF Reverb and it sounds good, do not have the others to compare, eventide is a different beast as others have said....can anyone give comparisons on CPU load for TB vs FF ? Reverb is pretty CPU heavy normally, and can also introduce latency in the audio.

• blackhole for sure. i bought toneboosters ( thinking it would be ok while i was away from my desktop version of blackhole) but after receiving a gift card the other day. i bought it for ipad. It’s just so stinking good, i use it constantly. highly recommend

• Both are world class but the Black Hole is much more advance at this point than Pro-R
    Black hole has been in development for many, many years. Pro-R is only a year old or
    so.

• @KraftC said:
    Both are world class but the Black Hole is much more advance at this point than Pro-R
    Black hole has been in development for many, many years. Pro-R is only a year old or
    so.

?

Pro-R has been around for ages, too--not just a year. It existed long before it was available as an iOS AUv3.

Black hole is not intended as a general purpose reverb. Toneboosters and Pro-R are (in my opinion) in the same category.black hole is great but it isn't something I'd use as my stick reverb. It really shines for uses where the reverb is almost an instrument itself.

• @espiegel123 said:

@KraftC said:
    Both are world class but the Black Hole is much more advance at this point than Pro-R
    so.

?

Pro-R has been around for ages, too--not just a year. It existed long before it was available as an iOS AUv3.

Black hole is not intended as a general purpose reverb. Toneboosters and Pro-R are (in my opinion) in the same category.black hole is great but it isn't something I'd use as my stick reverb. It really shines for uses where the reverb is almost an instrument itself.

I bought Pro-R when it released on Mac. let's say 2 years then. Still, Black hole has been out for over 10 years and is
    much more advanced than Pro-R at this point. Both are amazing though.

• here’s where i am at.

for 20$ i can complete eventide reverb bundle and get 3 verbs. mangled/shimmer/spring

or

30$ pro-r

or

TB - 9$

i use blackhole or alteza on everything sometimes with just faint settings, but i love how natural or far out they can sound..

with that in mind...what do you think i would benefit from most. i make downtempo/psychedelic/ambient stuff - but i use drums!
    mangled verb sounds like a cool effect, but i can’t really decide.

tb is much more affordable but pro-r looks amazing lol

and eventide makes my fav reverb BH

i can’t decide!!!

• Wait until this weekend to see if any of the others go on sale. Otherwise for what you make, probably pro-r. If you can get tb and ff.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Wait until this weekend to see if any of the others go on sale. Otherwise for what you make, probably pro-r. If you can get tb and ff.

good call i’ll see if pror drops first! im not dying to get more reverb but i am a junkie

• @reasOne said:
    here’s where i am at.

for 20$ i can complete eventide reverb bundle and get 3 verbs. mangled/shimmer/spring

or

30$ pro-r

or

TB - 9$

i use blackhole or alteza on everything sometimes with just faint settings, but i love how natural or far out they can sound..

with that in mind...what do you think i would benefit from most. i make downtempo/psychedelic/ambient stuff - but i use drums!

i can’t decide!!!

It was only 10 bucks to complete my Eventide Reverb bundle, and since I absolutely love Blackhole, this was an easy choice for me!

• edited November 2020

@reasOne said:
    here’s where i am at.

or

30$ pro-r

or

TB - 9$

i can’t decide!!!

I have Fab R and Blackhole and this is my opinion so far:

Fabfilter R is my go-to reverb for clean and analytical broadening and deepening sounds. It is very easy to dial in the depth, character and size, and also visually hands on for controlling, equalizing and gain-staging the reverbation. I usually use it for small bus-related tasks like extending the low end of a bass or drum channels.

Blackhole is always called a „creative“ reverb, which I would not fully agree to, but there is some stuff you can do with it that is hard to achieve with other reverbs, like microtiming the decay in miliseconds-range or „reversing“ the reverbation. You can do very crazy delayish or shimmery stuff with it, sometimes even granular sounding abstractions of the sound. It has its very signature sound which can get very boring when used fully on a whole mix or only with very extreme settings, which lead to the samey sounds like Strymons reverbs also have. But when you really try to use it creatively and more toned down it can become a modular and very versatile effect that is capable of more than simple reverb tasks.

Another big difference is that Fabfilter R sounds more „natural“ to me, while Blackhole sounds way more...well...“alien“ and „otherwordly“.

So long story cut short: They are really uncomparable when it comes to versatility or color of sound, but can definitely coexist :smile:

• TB Reverb, Discord 4 and Thafknar have so far covered every reverb I could imagine at high quality.