Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala - the ultimate pocket-sized sampler

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Landscape mode just made my day this along with EG Pulse killer combo

In what way are you comboing them killerwise?

• Yeah this is a big upgrade. @elf_audio you haven’t outright turned it down before...do you think you’ll implement choke groups? so one pad on one shot can cut another one off?

• @bcrichards said:
    Yeah this is a big upgrade. @elf_audio you haven’t outright turned it down before...do you think you’ll implement choke groups? so one pad on one shot can cut another one off?

+1 for choke group :)

and if it's possible to have automatic Slice such as : Transient detection, equal part, manual add & 4-8-16 automatic slides it would Be DOPE !!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Landscape mode just made my day this along with EG Pulse killer combo

In what way are you comboing them killerwise?

Drums on one chords on the other

• @elf_audio Great update, thanks for adding envelope controls!

Any plans to add timestretch? Would be great to resample rhythmic stuff and pitch it / play chromatically without effecting the timing.

• Landscape for the win!

• Landscape rules. Abelton link is 1bpm different though to AUM. What setting could be changed to rectify? Thanks.

• @elf_audio Just tried to export as a Ableton Live set and the app is crashing with this latest update. Hope you can fix on latest iOS.

• While everyone will oooooh and aaahhhhh over landscape, I'm pleased with the attack, release, tone controls that were introduced and a HUGE THANK YOU for the Undo option in the sequencer. Wonderful.

• yeah sorry about the export thing, need to fix that, will submit a fix tonight, should be with you lot in the next 24 hours

• @elf_audio said:
    yeah sorry about the export thing, need to fix that, will submit a fix tonight, should be with you lot in the next 24 hours

Thanks so much !!! Landscape is amazing :)

• edited October 2019

@elf_audio excellent update thanks :)

• edited October 2019

@elf_audio choke groups/pad solo & mutes/ export stems / UI Skin options /master volume and if possible a little more swing. Brilliant work thus far :)

• Good stuff 🙏. Mutes and chokes and this will be quite the instrument. This app is so fast and fun to use as it is already.

• haven't had a chance to check it out yet, is the new look optional?

• @kobamoto said:
    haven't had a chance to check it out yet, is the new look optional?

yeah, it's only like that in landscape mode, same as before in portrait more (plus the extra features)

• @elf_audio I like the update a lot!
    As a user of a multi-input audio interface (Steinberg UR-242) it would be so handy to choose which input to use when sampling.

The input selection should ideally be made in the Mic selection in the UI and not buried in the settings.

Also being to disable AutoGain and choosing which Mic on the iDevice to use could be super handy!
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1799/_index.html

Also a 'regular' piano keyboard for the chromatic mode could be handy?
    Maybe at some point we'll get a 'pattern editor' too?

Koala is just so fun to use, love it!

• Is “clear pad” gone now? Undo is nice, but it was useful to clear the entire part too..

• @elf_audio Would also love to see an option to disable the midi input...

• edited October 2019

@elf_audio there are no longer the CLEAR NOTE & CLEAR ALL tabs in Sequencer. The new CLEAR tab clears all but really need a CLEAR NOTE tab like before. Or even better a HOLD ERASE HOLD PAD tab with option to use in play , record or stop mode.

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    Is “clear pad” gone now? Undo is nice, but it was useful to clear the entire part too..

@JudasZimmerman @elf_audio confirmed. We need that function back.

• @elf_audio said:

@kobamoto said:
    haven't had a chance to check it out yet, is the new look optional?

yeah, it's only like that in landscape mode, same as before in portrait more (plus the extra features)

gracias!

• @elf_audio What about making the sequence transport controls visible on all pages?
    (Many times I keep a sequencer running and sample sounds, so being able to start/stop the sequencer could be handy).

Somehow this ended up in the wrong thread, too many tabs open maybe...

• Looping small fragments plus effects= granular sampling fun times

• @stormbeats said:
    @elf_audio there are no longer the CLEAR NOTE & CLEAR ALL tabs in Sequencer. The new CLEAR tab clears all but really need a CLEAR NOTE tab like before. Or even better a HOLD ERASE HOLD PAD tab with option to use in play , record or stop mode.

Ah, CLEAR NOTE is still in there - basically, you just hold the CLEAR button and press the pad you want to clear - sorry it's not so obvious, but couldn't think of a way to make it a bit clearer. Any thoughts?

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

Thanks for Landscape mode! Gonna use this one all the time instead of just when I'm stuck with the phone waiting for the wife to finish shopping (or phone battery to die, whichever comes first - usually the latter).

• @elf_audio said:

@stormbeats said:

Ah, CLEAR NOTE is still in there - basically, you just hold the CLEAR button and press the pad you want to clear - sorry it's not so obvious, but couldn't think of a way to make it a bit clearer. Any thoughts?

It's easy once you know it. I don't think there's any need to change it. Other apps use that method.

• @elf_audio said:

@stormbeats said:

That works, but it can be a bit surprising with the double function. For instance, when in keyboard mode, my intuition has always been that ‘Clear’ would clear the current note. Before it did nothing, but now it clears the entire sequence completely.

May be a matter of taste but normally I don’t want to delete my sequence at all, so having it as the default action when I accidentally pressed it caught me off guard. I just switched on the “ask before delete ” setting just to be sure.