Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes WOW 2 or JAF Collection?

Hi,
I’m looking for a versatile filter and I’m thinking about these two.
What I need is great automation facilities and (obviously) a great sound. AUv3 is a plus but its not mandatory. Which one should I get? Thanks

Comments

• @Faland said:
    Hi,
    What I need is great automation facilities and (obviously) a great sound. AUv3 is a plus but its not mandatory. Which one I should get? Thanks

What do you mean by automation facilities?

JAF Collection is a very good sounding plug-in that emulates quite a few different "classic" filters. It is fairly straightforward basically a cut-off frequency and resonance frequency control that can be MIDI controlled and it has a drive knob and optional saturation. It has a built-in oscillator. Every parameter is exposed for MIDI mapping/automation.

I don't have WOW. So, I can't say how they compare.

• sugar bytes for sure

• I mean that every parameter should be exposed as you said more correctly. I’ll use it with Cubasis and AUM.

• edited October 2019

@Faland said:
    Hi,
    What I need is great automation facilities and (obviously) a great sound. AUv3 is a plus but its not mandatory. Which one should I get? Thanks

Wow is very deep, up to the point it's asking for too much attention at times.
    It's strong with automation and modulation while I prefer the actual filter models of the JAF collection.

Another versatile filter is Toneboosters EQ. It's more work to get close to the sound of JAF though and the dynamic EQ options are too limited for experimental use.

Also, don't forget AD Filterstation 2. Quite flexible and fun to use. Envelope follower and LFO can modulate in both directions.

• JAF collection or Filterstation 2.

• edited October 2019

JAF simple straight forward modulatable, many emulations. Filterstation if you like the idea of dual filters linked and modulatable.

• Sugarbytes WOW2........a beast

• Thank you all, I already have Filterstation2 and I used it a lot, so now I’m looking for something a bit different. For what I saw in few videos WOW 2 is far less “traditional” than JAF.
    How about cpu hog?

• edited October 2019

Seconding Bleass Filter , WOW will be nice to reach for once its AU

• WTKWTK
    edited October 2019

WOW is not AU...unfortunately.

edit: sry, didnt read that this one is not mandatory.

• The JAF collection is really fabulous. WOW is probably good too but I haven't been able to create anything good with it. It's a kind of wild horse...

• Did WOW get AU yet? What up with that? @sugarbytes

• @OscarSouth said:
    Did WOW get AU yet? What up with that? @sugarbytes

None of the @sugarbytes plugins are AUv3 sadly.

• @KraftC said:

@OscarSouth said:

Wrong. Check again.

• @KraftC said:

@OscarSouth said:

Actually, LOTS of the Sugar Bytes apps are AUv3:

Cyclop
    Factory
    Aparillo
    Unique
    Thesys
    Egoist
    Turnado

It's only Effectrix & WOW that are still IAA only.

• Thank you all. In the end I opted for WOW2 even because I discovered that as owner of Turnado I could also get Effectrix for just 5 more euros.

• @Faland said:
    Thank you all. In the end I opted for WOW2 even because I discovered that as owner of Turnado I could also get Effectrix for just 5 more euros.

Good luck and have fun.

• @Daveypoo said:

@KraftC said:

@OscarSouth said:

Actually, LOTS of the Sugar Bytes apps are AUv3:

Cyclop
    Factory
    Aparillo
    Unique
    Thesys
    Egoist
    Turnado

It's only Effectrix & WOW that are still IAA only.

The two that I would have without questioning, assumed to have been at the top of the list for conversion.