Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta wishes....

13»

Comments

• I sometimes have an issue with X0X not recalling/loading after saving a session, reloading sometimes fixes it, but not always, just disappears from the session. Hosting in apeMatrix, but have also noticed it has problems in Audiobus, so looks like there could be a problem. Anyone else noticed any irregularities with X0X?

• Yeah, pretty sure I've narrowed down a reoccurring crash in apeMatrix to Rozeta X0X, not sure why but have problems loading sessions which have it in a track.

• edited December 2018

@Carnbot
    Never had any problems in AUM. Just an idea - could it be because some of the vel/mut parameters being modulated which effectively should be part of preset/session recall process?

• @recccp said:
    @Carnbot
    Never had any problems in AUM. Just an idea - could it be because some of the vel/mut parameters being modulated which effectively should be part of preset/session recall process?

Yeah I think it could be the modulation crashing it as I have the velocities LFOed usually.

• Hi @brambos I have a lot of crash logs for Rozeta X0X, would it be useful for me to email you some? I have crash log developer sharing on, but not sure how it works. Maybe you already have them. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Hi @brambos I have a lot of crash logs for Rozeta X0X, would it be useful for me to email you some? I have crash log developer sharing on, but not sure how it works. Maybe you already have them. :)

I haven’t had any X0X problem reports in months, so I’m a bit surprised. Can you describe the “symptoms” to help me narrow down the issue?

• @brambos said:

@Carnbot said:
    Hi @brambos I have a lot of crash logs for Rozeta X0X, would it be useful for me to email you some? I have crash log developer sharing on, but not sure how it works. Maybe you already have them. :)

I haven’t had any X0X problem reports in months, so I’m a bit surprised. Can you describe the “symptoms” to help me narrow down the issue?

It seems to be when reloading a session in apeMatrix with X0X loaded, I have modulation turned on for the parameters in apematrix, so that could almost certainly be causing it somehow I expect. The session will crash on loading, either crashing apeMatrix itself or the session will eventually load without X0X, so X0X must be crashing on load. Sometimes it does load ok though.

• @Carnbot said:

@brambos said:

@Carnbot said:

It seems to be when reloading a session in apeMatrix with X0X loaded, I have modulation turned on for the parameters in apematrix, so that could almost certainly be causing it somehow I expect. The session will crash on loading, either crashing apeMatrix itself or the session will eventually load without X0X, so X0X must be crashing on load. Sometimes it does load ok though.

Thanks, I will look into it, but if Apematrix sometimes also crashes it could hint at the problem being in Apematrix. A crashing AU can never take down its host because of how AUs are sandboxed.

Either way, I’ll see if I can find something unusual when running X0X inside AM :)

• @brambos it is of course possible that it is an apeMatrix issue, something to do with the track X0X is loaded on is having problems, will try and experiment with that.

• @Carnbot said:
    @brambos it is of course possible that it is an apeMatrix issue, something to do with the track X0X is loaded on is having problems, will try and experiment with that.

If you can find a consistently reproducible situation that would be brilliant. Either Alessandro or myself can then see on which end to make changes. You’re using AM’s LFOs to modulate?

• @brambos said:

@Carnbot said:
    @brambos it is of course possible that it is an apeMatrix issue, something to do with the track X0X is loaded on is having problems, will try and experiment with that.

If you can find a consistently reproducible situation that would be brilliant. Either Alessandro or myself can then see on which end to make changes. You’re using AM’s LFOs to modulate?

Yeah, using AM's LFOs. If I just have a session with X0X in by itself, it seems fine, so must be something happening in a heavy loaded session causing it to crash. I think it must be apeMatrix related though yes, because I've noticed this happening with other AUs occasionally but more often with X0X, so could be a coincidence it takes out that particular AU over others :)

• edited October 2019

@brambos Can we please have more than 8 patterns for Rhythm? Also, it would be wonderful to have more CC control of the Arpeggio and Collider parameters for automation? 🙏

• @auxmux said:
    @brambos Can we please have more than 8 patterns for Rhythm? Also, it would be wonderful to have more CC control of the Arpeggio and Collider parameters for automation? 🙏

If you’re using Rozeta in AUM, loading preset via pc, cc or note can be a workaround for more patterns.

• Yeah, agreed @recccp but I would love at least 16 patterns. ☺️

• @gusgranite said:

@Mayo said:
    I stopped wishing.

I think @brambos has said a couple of times now that he is unlikely to be developing Rozeta further which is fair enough.

It's too bad. There are some huge gaping holes. For example, not being able to modulate steps in Rhythm is very, very disappointing. Why build an AU if you aren't going to expose the parameters? Same problem with Perforator--steps is not exposed.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@gusgranite said:

@Mayo said:
    I stopped wishing.

I think @brambos has said a couple of times now that he is unlikely to be developing Rozeta further which is fair enough.

It's too bad. There are some huge gaping holes. For example, not being able to modulate steps in Rhythm is very, very disappointing. Why build an AU if you aren't going to expose the parameters? Same problem with Perforator--steps is not exposed.

I agree with this. Rozeta was a groundbreaker but has been overtaken by many others since. But I ignore it because it's Bram and he is an exceptional dev so his reasoning must be sound.

• I started reading this like it was today's news. I hate it when that happens.

• Rozeta Bassline miss a retrig fonction that shouldn't be too difficult to implement, I want to be able to start from beggining of the sequence each time I play a note, THANKS
    Happy new year everyone

• @Daveypoo said:
    I agree on the triplets thing - that would open up a lot of options.....

+1

@brambos said:

Automating some Rozeta parameters. In this example:
    LFO 2 modulates LFO 1 RATE
    LFO 3 modulates LFO 1 MODULATION
    LFO 1 controls Moog Model 15 Cutoff

Work in progress...

Awesome. Thanks for this.

• edited November 2023

@Carnbot said:
    I think clock divisions is top of my wish list for hopeful inclusion :)

Yes, please! Rozetta 2.0 ?

Hilda’s step sequencer is pretty dope.
    It’s great it can be used also as a midi processor.

• edited November 2023

The blues scale in Bassline to be minor or a custom scale option

• wimwim
    edited November 2023

@Fingolfinzz said:
    The blues scale in Bassline to be minor or a custom scale option

If you shift the root of the major blues scale up by 3 semitones against the rest of the song, you get the notes of the minor blues scale.

For example: A minor blues (A C D Eb E G) = C major blues (C D Eb E G A). So if your song is in A minor, you can pick the C blues scale.

• edited November 2023

Oh shit, I didn’t even think to use relatives for that, thanks @wim!

• wimwim
    edited November 2023

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Oh shit, I didn’t even think to use relatives for that, thanks @wim!

Ha ha. One of the first lazy guitar player tricks I learned, shifting the same dumbass scale pattern up or down three frets. 😉