Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mapping MIDI CC with AudioBus 3 ?

Hello
I am getting some issues mapping MIDI CC's in order to use Wind Controller (MIDI CC#2) to trigger Virtual Synth on iPad (Many Virtual Synths are not supporting CC#2 therefore it needs to be map to CC#1 or others). Some New wind Controller such as AODYO SYLPHYO can use all MIDI CC numbers)
1 - Is it possible to do this directly with AudioBus if so how ?
2 - If not Which Apps could you suggest will help to acheive this type of function ?
thanks for your help
Saxfred

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

Which apps are you trying to use? Are the IAA or AU? If they’re AU then using Audiobus’ Midi Learn to the AU parameters is your friend.

If they’re IAA then you might need to invoke something like mfxConvert to change the incoming cc to what you need it to be for the target app.

Sorry if some of that needs further explanation. Didn’t want to launch into too many details until the question is better understood.

• Hello Wim
    Thanks for your very quick feedback
    I am a very new AudioBus user and I don't know how to use the MIDI Learn function can you explain how I should do
    I can use AU no problem I am using Minimoog Model D from Moog Music and I will also use the ARTURIA SEM V
    Thanks because I am a bit lost
    Cheers Saxfred

• According the the manual the MIDI Learn is a modestly-priced In-App Purchase available from within the Audiobus app. but I cannot find it ?

• @saxfred said:
    According the the manual the MIDI Learn is a modestly-priced In-App Purchase available from within the Audiobus app. but I cannot find it ?

If I remember correctly, you just need to touch the midi-learn icon and then it’ll prompt you to purchase the feature. Sorry if that’s wrong - it was some time ago.

Once you have the purchase, then you just need to touch the icon of the Model D app and you should get a pop up where you can select the parameter to midi-learn. Then send the midi message you want, and it should map it.

I hope that made sense.

• I made it thanks a lot for your help Wim really appreciated
    in fact you have to click on the + sign on top of the Synth you are playing to add the midi Learn icon (set the MIDI CC# to 2 (Breath in my case)
    than you have to go to the synth parameters and change the Modulation number to the CC#2 (in my case I have change the MIDI CC 74 to CC2 and it works fine
    Again thanks a lot

• Great. Glad it’s working. 👍

• @saxfred said:
    Hello
    I am getting some issues mapping MIDI CC's in order to use Wind Controller (MIDI CC#2) to trigger Virtual Synth on iPad (Many Virtual Synths are not supporting CC#2 therefore it needs to be map to CC#1 or others). Some New wind Controller such as AODYO SYLPHYO can use all MIDI CC numbers)
    2 - If not Which Apps could you suggest will help to acheive this type of function ?
    thanks for your help
    Saxfred

@saxfred said:
    Hello
    thanks for your help
    Saxfred

Which app?

• It works fine with MiniMoog Model D from Moog Music
    I just test it on another Synth Synth One and it works fine alos