Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Line 6 Sonic Port Cable

Heading out on a trip and I plan to take my Sonic Port as a portable interface. But the lightning cable is missing. And a replacement costs $40! (That's 40 percent of the cost for the whole thing.)

This is a proprietary cable, isn't it?

I kind of can't figure a way around it, but definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
(In other news, I do have the proprietary 30-pin cable, so if anybody has an old iPad, hit me up.)

Comments

• You might be able to use it with a 30pin to lightning adapter.....

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

Does it come with a USB cable? If so then you should be able to use the powered Apple USB3 Lightning adapter if you have it. That's how I prefer to use my old iRig Pro, so that I can charge the iPad while using the iRig.

• Nope no usb cable- oh and it doesn’t work on ios13 either

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Nope no usb cable- oh and it doesn’t work on ios13 either

wait what?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    You might be able to use it with a 30pin to lightning adapter.....

Yep, that should work.

@wim said:
    Does it come with a USB cable? If so then you should be able to use the powered Apple USB3 Lightning adapter if you have it. That's how I prefer to use my old iRig Pro, so that I can charge the iPad while using the iRig.

It does, it's provided for pc connectivity and charging when used with ipad.
    Indeed it should work, but it doesn't. :)

• Ah it’s a VX..

• edited October 2019

@recccp said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    You might be able to use it with a 30pin to lightning adapter.....

Yep, that should work.

@wim said:

It does, it's provided for pc connectivity and charging when used with ipad.
    Indeed it should work, but it doesn't. :)

Actually I just tried and it worked fine now. Last time I tried it dropped connection from time to time... probably the usb cable was faulty

• I'm sorry; I'm lost.

The cable input on the Sonic Port (NOT a VX, which has a mic built in, right?) requires a unique cord. (I think?)

But what did you mean @BiancaNeve that it doesn't work with iOS 13?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm sorry; I'm lost.

The cable input on the Sonic Port (NOT a VX, which has a mic built in, right?) requires a unique cord. (I think?)

But what did you mean @BiancaNeve that it doesn't work with iOS 13?

Some Line 6 interfaces currently seem not to work with iOS 13. Line 6 says that it is due to a bug in Apple's USB driver:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34889/audio-in-not-working-ios-13-line-6-sonic-port

• Sorry for confusion... I was talking about VX which has 2 connectors (one standard micro usb and another unique line6 connector.

• @recccp Ah, now I understand.

Thanks for the heads up about the Line 6/Apple bug. I'll hold off updating until after my trip....