Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBoosters ReelBus tape simulation plug-in for iOS released

ToneBoosters ReelBus is a top-quality, faithful, versatile and accurate magnetic tape simulation plug-in bringing warmth and excitement of tape to your iOS or iPadOS device!

Instant gratification from 80s compact cassette sound to professional 30 IPS studio recorder simulation. Sweeten your mix with a touch of tape hysteresis, saturation and compression. Create that 'Boards of Canada' sound by adding a tad of wow-and-flutter. Top it up with tape flanging, echo and tape start/stop effects.

The ToneBoosters ReelBus app captures the microphone (or external sound card) input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters ReelBus will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.

Key features:

• The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
  • Wide variety of tape and saturation modes available
  • Saturation, hysteresis, wow and flutter, tape hiss, asperity noise controls
  • Tape speed and amount controls
  • Unique drive EQ to drive certain frequencies harder into the tape model
  • Tape wear model for worn-out tape simulation
  • Tape flanger and dual tape echo modules, with beat sync functionality
  • Tape start and tape stop effect modules
  • Oversampling and anti-aliasing filters for top-quality output
  • Input and output VU meters showing peak and RMS levels simultaneously
  • Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
  • Color themes for the user interface
  • Max screen support in Garageband
  • Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
  • Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch

Appstore URL:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tb-reelbus/id1482450479?ls=1

Comments

• edited October 2019

Thanks for sharing, been waiting for this one!!!

• @DJB said:

ToneBoosters ReelBus is a top-quality, faithful, versatile and accurate magnetic tape simulation plug-in bringing warmth and excitement of tape to your iOS or iPadOS device!

Instant gratification from 80s compact cassette sound to professional 30 IPS studio recorder simulation. Sweeten your mix with a touch of tape hysteresis, saturation and compression. Create that 'Boards of Canada' sound by adding a tad of wow-and-flutter. Top it up with tape flanging, echo and tape start/stop effects.

The ToneBoosters ReelBus app captures the microphone (or external sound card) input and processes the signals in real time. To use it as a plug-in, use an AUv3-compatible host app such as Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others. ToneBoosters ReelBus will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins.

Key features:

• The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
    • Wide variety of tape and saturation modes available
    • Saturation, hysteresis, wow and flutter, tape hiss, asperity noise controls
    • Tape speed and amount controls
    • Unique drive EQ to drive certain frequencies harder into the tape model
    • Tape wear model for worn-out tape simulation
    • Tape flanger and dual tape echo modules, with beat sync functionality
    • Tape start and tape stop effect modules
    • Oversampling and anti-aliasing filters for top-quality output
    • Input and output VU meters showing peak and RMS levels simultaneously
    • Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
    • Color themes for the user interface
    • Max screen support in Garageband
    • Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
    • Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch

Appstore URL:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tb-reelbus/id1482450479?ls=1

Bought, wish we can get a bundle special for the desktop versions now..🙏

Thanks..

• Awww, hell yeah!

• iOS is growing up! This is huge! Thanks 🙏

• Has the dev discussed if there will be a bundle or naw?

• edited October 2019

Don’t think waiting on a bundle would be the best strategy in this case.

These are excellent apps and already very reasonably priced!

• I loved this one on desktop so def gonna grab this

• Woooooooo!!

• What I love about these most after the sound quality is the choice of color schemes. I dunno why visualizations affect my mood so much, but they do.

• edited October 2019

I bought it and it’s lovely. In standard use cases, where would this go on the master? Before or after a limiter? And I’m curious what everyone thinks, TB Barricade also introduces some saturation (or it can). How should one manage the warming effects of TB plugins on tracks being fed into busses or masters with additional TB warmth?

• Ah finally. A no-brainer purchase. :)

• @bcrichards i tested it - to my hearing it sounds nothing like the original desktop version from back in the day nor like the version in AudioEvoMobile. I find the interface/UI a bit weird. Much prefer less sliders more dials like the original. I tried to work out how to push the input levels so the output clips at 0.0db and use it like a limiter not happening. Will test a bit more. I hope there will be an option to have the classic UI those sliders are weird to me. Too many controls for gain..should be just a dial like original. For now Iam sticking to Master Record plugin even though its IAA only.

• DJBDJB
    edited October 2019

@stormbeats said:
    @bcrichards i tested it - to my hearing it sounds nothing like the original desktop version from back in the day nor like the version in AudioEvoMobile. I find the interface/UI a bit weird. Much prefer less sliders more dials like the original. I tried to work out how to push the input levels so the output clips at 0.0db and use it like a limiter not happening. Will test a bit more. I hope there will be an option to have the classic UI those sliders are weird to me. Too many controls for gain..should be just a dial like original. For now Iam sticking to Master Record plugin even though its IAA only.

Just FYI: the iOS version is identical to the desktop version 4. Exact same code for audio and user interface :-)

Moreover, the main (first) tab covers pretty much the same as the v3 desktop version and you can therefore safely ignore the other tabs if you feel there are too many parameters.

Last but not least: the v4 desktop version and the iOS version include the ReelBus v3 saturation models, and as a bonus, the one from Ferox as well (which is the one in audio evolution mobile).

The gain function in the older versions is available in the iOS version as well. It's the slider on the input meter that translates into gain/drive. Same process as before; just an easier way to adjust the drive with visual feedback ehen it starts to kick in (as it is on the input but meter).

• @DJB said:

@stormbeats said:
    @bcrichards i tested it - to my hearing it sounds nothing like the original desktop version from back in the day nor like the version in AudioEvoMobile. I find the interface/UI a bit weird. Much prefer less sliders more dials like the original. I tried to work out how to push the input levels so the output clips at 0.0db and use it like a limiter not happening. Will test a bit more. I hope there will be an option to have the classic UI those sliders are weird to me. Too many controls for gain..should be just a dial like original. For now Iam sticking to Master Record plugin even though its IAA only.

Just FYI: the iOS version is identical to the desktop version 4. Exact same code for audio and user interface :-)

Moreover, the main (first) tab covers pretty much the same as the v3 desktop version and you can therefore safely ignore the other tabs if you feel there are too many parameters.

Last but not least: the v4 desktop version and the iOS version include the ReelBus v3 saturation models, and as a bonus, the one from Ferox as well (which is the one in audio evolution mobile).

The gain function in the older versions is available in the iOS version as well. It's the slider on the input meter that translates into gain/drive. Same process as before; just an easier way to adjust the drive with visual feedback ehen it starts to kick in (as it is on the input but meter).

Very very nice.

• @DJB said:

@stormbeats said:

@DJB ok thanks for the info. Will experiment a bit more. I do get a good sound from it just have to get used to the UI. Cheers

• I’m getting some good results driving it with Klevgrand’s Reamp on individual tracks, and using a limiter before it on the master track (using any of the glue tape presets)

• edited October 2019

Reelbus on some dry DrumPerfect Pro drums is most excellent.

@DJB I would love a bypass button to quickly check the effect without having to go back to the DAW.

• @gusgranite said:
    Reel us on some dry DrumPerfect Pro drums is most excellent.

@DJB I would love a bypass button to quickly check the effect without having to go back to the DAW.

+1 (would be great addition to all of them)

• edited October 2019

Still can't believe I can buy ALL 4 Toneboosters plugins for less than the price of 1 Fabfilter.

Value, features, stability and quality are all 'through the roof' with these.

I've become a lifelong Toneboosters fan.

• @recccp said:

@gusgranite said:

+1

• @DJB thanks so much for bringing these apps to iOS, they are some of the best plugins in the platform.

• @tk32 said:
    Still can't believe I can buy ALL 4 Toneboosters plugins for less than the price of 1 Fabfilter.

Value, features, stability and quality are all 'through the roof' with these.

I've become a lifelong Toneboosters fan.

Yes it’s true but as a fabfilter fan I will tell you to “Be quiet” 😂😂😂

• Any one getting crashes? @DJB On an Air 2, with 13.1, I had some crashes as I was changing presets and while adjusting parameters on echo screen.

• no crashes for me.

just played around with it for an hour.. best tape emulation for ios by a longshot.

nice thing is that it can go from extremely subtle to extremely extreme. I didn't expect to like the flanger and delay as much as I do. I have too many delays as it is, but this one offers something unique.

Looking forward to more from TB

• @DMfan said:

@recccp said:

@gusgranite said:

+1

Add me on please yes please.

• I put ten instances in Cubasis without any problem. Really nice.
    A single instance with the “Warmer” preset is outstanding on the main bus.

• I wonder can I get similar effects using RE-1 by Kai Aras and having feedback at zero...

• I wonder why @Daveypoo hasn't posted the perfect video about this yet?!

• Using Boards of Canada as a tonal reference = I’m gonna check out your app. This looks like an absolutely amazing tool! Particularly excited to see tape flanging, too — I’ve been jealously eyeing the Strymon tape sim pedal for years but could never justify the purchase.