Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Awesome Deal on Serato Sample

Comments

• Do you work in Ableton? How is this better/easier/more fun than Simpler?

• That timestretch algo is fricken awesome.

• Yeah I work in Ableton. I like the playability of Serato, Key modification feature, and the ability of discovering different patterns in the sample via the randomize and favoriting feature. Just a nicer workflow.

Simpler is great, I just like how fluid Serato is. They have a demo to test if you're curious.

• I will definitely test! Excellent idea.

• Serato is great. Figures I just picked it up recently before the sale but well worth it. The auto pitch mapping and slicing works well.

• This is my favorite sampler!

• @DCJ said:
    This is my favorite sampler!

Ditto! They’re getting down to iOS “premium” app price territory with this sale! I’d love to see this thing on my iPad! I’d gladly pay $40 for it...no questions asked!

• Should have been iOS..

• It reminds me to my old VariOS... :

Serato Sampler is one time purchase right and Serato Studio the one with subscription...?

• @TheDubbyLabby yep. Serato Sampler is a one time purchase.

• Well. I bought this. As much as I love abletons simpler the auto warping and key detection algorithm in this is pretty insane.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Well. I bought this. As much as I love abletons simpler the auto warping and key detection algorithm in this is pretty insane.

We will be eating soup this week and I will tell the family to nod gratefully in your direction Sir.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Well. I bought this. As much as I love abletons simpler the auto warping and key detection algorithm in this is pretty insane.

We will be eating soup this week and I will tell the family to nod gratefully in your direction Sir.

Likewise.

• edited October 2019

Here's the video that convinced me:-
    Check it out @JohnnyGoodyear @gusgranite @TheDubbyLabby @ExAsperis99

• I had a play with Simpler after looking at this - not sure what extras this one brings to the table, but keen to be enlightened!

• edited October 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    I had a play with Simpler after looking at this - not sure what extras this one brings to the table, but keen to be enlightened!

It's mostly the fact that it scans the keys of a sample pretty accurately and can tempo match samples pretty fast. Also the timestreching seems to have very few artifacts even when the sample is slowed down to ludicrous levels. The video I posted above actually shows this in the last couple minutes. I particularly think the random "sample find" is kinda nice too during the discovery and experimentation phase of writing a track. Don't get me wrong. I still use simpler quite a bit since I have a push. But I kinda use serato sampler to resample loops now before I feed it into simpler.

@MonzoPro the demo is fully functional for 30 days. I'd suggest you just give it a try yourself before you decide. I actually messed with it for a day before I purchased it.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I had a play with Simpler after looking at this - not sure what extras this one brings to the table, but keen to be enlightened!

It's mostly the fact that it scans the keys of a sample pretty accurately and can tempo match samples pretty fast. Also the timestreching seems to have very few artifacts even when the sample is slowed down to ludicrous levels. The video I posted above actually shows this in the last couple minutes. I particularly think the random "sample find" is kinda nice too during the discovery and experimentation phase of writing a track. Don't get me wrong. I still use simpler quite a bit since I have a push. But I kinda use serato sampler to resample loops now before I feed it into simpler.

@MonzoPro the demo is fully functional for 30 days. I'd suggest you just give it a try yourself before you decide. I actually messed with it for a day before I purchased it.

Thanks for that, I'll check out the video :)

• edited October 2019

@MonzoPro said:

The main difference is the algo sounds better IMO, I love simpler though. Serato sample would work really well as a AUv3.

• Does anyone know if this has multiple outputs? I scanned Serato/Plugin Boutique and didn’t find an answer. Thanks.

• @Approach said:
    Does anyone know if this has multiple outputs? I scanned Serato/Plugin Boutique and didn’t find an answer. Thanks.

I think it does. I watched all of the tutorials / videos on Plugin Boutique and I'm sure in one of them it said that you can route each chop to an individual output for adding individual effects etc.

• From the patch notes of 1.1 it seems each of the 16 pads can output to a different audio channel but i haven't tested it myself I'm afraid :(

• @Approach said:
    Does anyone know if this has multiple outputs? I scanned Serato/Plugin Boutique and didn’t find an answer. Thanks.

Yes you can output your cue points wherever u want. This plug in is amazing. Best sampler for Mac not named Egoist or BM3. With IDAM I haven’t used it much in awhile but it is very dope and worth the reg price let alone sale price.

• Thanks guys! I’m definitely going to pick this up. Really looking forward to chucking random audio into it and hitting find samples. This plugin appeared basic at first glance but then after watching a few videos my wheels started turning. You can do similar things in Simpler but without tons of prep.

• @Approach said:
    Thanks guys! I’m definitely going to pick this up. Really looking forward to chucking random audio into it and hitting find samples. This plugin appeared basic at first glance but then after watching a few videos my wheels started turning. You can do similar things in Simpler but without tons of prep.

Yeah. It's pretty much the lack of prep that sold it for me. Can instantly get some fantastic results wihout needing to worry about warping etc.

• edited February 2020

Well, that LaunchPad Mini Brought and Bought this treat .. Serato Sample LE... Go get it.

What is Serato Sample LE?
    Serato Sample LE is a feature-limited version of Serato Sample for members of the Novation Sound Collective. While Sample LE is not free, you can join the Sound Collective and register any Novation product between now and April 2nd, 2020 to receive a license.

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001333016-Serato-Sample-LE

• Sweet deal.

• I am an anti Serato elitist...