Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Edited: Will Midiflow convert CC data into note data

edited October 2019 in App Tips and Tricks

Essentially I want to turn an iRig BlueBoard into a loop pedal for Deluge 3.0

I have just updated the Deluge to firmware version 3.0 and I have an iRig BlueBoard lying around gathering dust. I think the BlueBoard will only send CC data, whereas the Deluge’s loop function only responds to note data. Will Midiflow sort me out here? (I have the Yamaha MB-BT01 working on the Deluge). Thanks!

Comments

• @Oblique said:
    Essentially I want to turn an iRig BlueBoard into a loop pedal for Deluge 3.0

I have just updated the Deluge to firmware version 3.0 and I have an iRig BlueBoard lying around gathering dust. I think the BlueBoard will only send CC data, whereas the Deluge’s loop function only responds to note data. Will Midiflow sort me out here? (I have the Yamaha MB-BT01 working on the Deluge). Thanks!

Blueboard has three modes: cc, program change and notes. Notes is the default, I think.

• Ah cool, so I might not need to convert the controls!

• Still trying to figure this thing out but it seems like IK media have blocked my every path! It appears that only Bluaboard Firmware v.1.2.0 can send midi notes, however IK media have made it virtually impossible to update this thing. The update is only available for PC and doesn't seem to work on Windows 10. I've contacted their tech support in the past and they were useless. Scuppered again :(

• @Oblique said:
    Still trying to figure this thing out but it seems like IK media have blocked my every path! It appears that only Bluaboard Firmware v.1.2.0 can send midi notes, however IK media have made it virtually impossible to update this thing. The update is only available for PC and doesn't seem to work on Windows 10. I've contacted their tech support in the past and they were useless. Scuppered again :(

Are you sure that your blueboard doesn't have the current firmware? This firmware has been on the blueboard for a pretty long time (years) as I understand it.

Have you contacted iK's support team to get help?

Even if you can't update, there are any number of utilities (Mozaic, Streambyter and others) that you can use to translate MIDI message.

• Yes I bought it pretty soon after they were released so definitely original firmware. I have contacted IK’s support team but they were pretty useless. I guess I’ll try out one of those apps! Thanks