Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

K-One Vintage Synth and it’s AU

Anyone taken the plunge yet ? It’s the devs second app after Melody Live.

Comments

• Interesting for sure but c'mon, why no envelope control over pulse-width or control of lfo start-phase & key-sync?

I guess I'm becoming a bit too picky...

• After Syntronic et. al. it's hard for an amateur (self) to think they're really going to get their differential money's worth on a thing like this...happy to have my mind changed of course...

• Looks like an emulation of Juno 106. If TAL UNO-LX was released for iOS, I'd definitely get that.

• @auxmux said:
    Looks like an emulation of Juno 106. If TAL UNO-LX was released for iOS, I'd definitely get that.

According to Twitter he's working on porting TAL UNO-LX to iOS so I guess it's only a matter of time...

• I took one for the team. Controls are really basic. Not bad sounding at all, but limited. This will delight some, and disappoint others. I like that all of the controls are on one page, this but doesn’t get into surprising territory sonically.

• @ALB said:
    I took one for the team. Controls are really basic. Not bad sounding at all, but limited. This will delight some, and disappoint others. I like that all of the controls are on one page, this but doesn’t get into surprising territory sonically.

Appreciate your sacrifice soldier...

• @ALB said:
    I took one for the team. Controls are really basic. Not bad sounding at all, but limited. This will delight some, and disappoint others. I like that all of the controls are on one page, this but doesn’t get into surprising territory sonically.

How does it differ from Volt, in case you know? The architecture appears to be similar.

• @Samu said:

@auxmux said:
    Looks like an emulation of Juno 106. If TAL UNO-LX was released for iOS, I'd definitely get that.

According to Twitter he's working on porting TAL UNO-LX to iOS so I guess it's only a matter of time...

Yeah, I saw that too, I posted an "encouraging" post, heh. Definitely want. Heh.

• @ALB said:

I got it. I like a simple synth like this. I’ll delve into its sonic capabilities a little later but I did find some nice presets. I emailed the dev with some preliminary input and heard right back from him. He’s already working on an update.

• edited October 2019

@anickt said:

@ALB said:

I got it. I like a simple synth like this. I’ll delve into its sonic capabilities a little later but I did find some nice presets. I emailed the dev with some preliminary input and heard right back from him. He’s already working on an update.

I tend to like 'simple' synths too and with just two small additions this could cover more sonic ground.

Env->PulseWidth and key-sync & start phase settings for the LFO.
    Others would be an option to reset the oscillator phase on note on.

I'm trying to cut down on the amount of apps I have...

• edited October 2019

It offers 4 oscillators, is that up to 4 simultaneous oscillators? or a choice of 1 out of 4 oscillators (waveforms)?

• edited October 2019

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    It offers 4 oscillators, is that up to 4 simultaneous oscillators? or a choice of 1 out of 4 oscillators (waveforms)?

It’s all four. Haven’t bought but you can see PWM, Morph, Sub and Noise under the DCO section.

I’m tempted to buy especially with the idea that TAL plugins would get ported. Price isn’t bad but I don’t really need it. Cheaper and I would jump on it just to support. I’ll have to see how it’s reviewed.

• @anickt said:

@ALB said:

Good to know updates are coming

• K-One is built with AudioKit!

• edited October 2019

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@ALB said:

How does it differ from Volt, in case you know? The architecture appears to be similar.

More similar to Analog Synth X, built with many of the same components in Audiokit. Different UI/UX and.. it's AUv3!

• @analog_matt said:
    K-One is built with AudioKit!

Oh really? Is this the first AUv3 using audiokit that isn’t released by the audiokit team?

• edited October 2019

@rezidue said:

@analog_matt said:
    K-One is built with AudioKit!

Oh really? Is this the first AUv3 using audiokit that isn’t released by the audiokit team?

Thanks for asking, there are about a dozen AUv3 apps that have AudioKit code (that we know of, a lot of time people don't tell us. Too cool, or something 😅).

AUv3 apps using AudioKit include sequencers like Cem's apps http://keybudapp.com/scalebud.html#other-apps to FingerLab's Mellowsound http://fingerlab.net/portfolio/mellowsound (which is a reskinning of the AudioKit ROMPlayer code) and even neat AUv3 sampler's like 4Pockets' Chameleon Sampler have AK code somewhere in them.

• Does it expose AU parameters?

• Totally broken in Nanostudio :) Plays out of tune..

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@ALB said:

Pretty different UI and the basic sound is maybe a tad more to my liking in my very short time with it - maybe beefier? Gotta work with it more. I think I may have missed a feature or two. Like I said, nothing really surprising... yet, but it sounds good. Not dissing it.

• @dendy said:
    Totally broken in Nanostudio :) Plays out of tune..

Not seeing that here @dendy Ran K-1 and Obsidian through 4Pockets Analyzer to be sure and they were spot on with each other. What patch in K-1?

• @anickt said:

@dendy said:

Not seeing that here @dendy Ran K-1 and Obsidian through 4Pockets Analyzer to be sure and they were spot on with each other. What patch in K-1?

Could be the classic sample rate issues playing tricks again...

• @Samu said:

@anickt said:

@dendy said:

Could be? I’m on Air 1 12.4.1

• @anickt said:

@Samu said:

@anickt said:

@dendy said:

Air 1 and Air 2 are safe it's the other devices that lock to 48K that have problems...
    (using an external audio interface and setting it to 44.1 usually solves the problem).

• @Samu said:

@anickt said:

@Samu said:

@anickt said:

@dendy said:

Air 1 and Air 2 are safe it's the other devices that lock to 48K that have problems...
    (using an external audio interface and setting it to 44.1 usually solves the problem).

Yeah - not sure what @dendy is using

• @analog_matt said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@ALB said:

More similar to Analog Synth X, built with many of the same components in Audiokit. Different UI/UX and.. it's AUv3!

Then it must be better! 👍😆

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

I can’t tell. It has a slider for waveshape. From what I can see, they are not simultaneous, but the morph slider may be switching through them. Can’t really hear that happening though. I think that I’m missing something (maybe many things).

• So it sounds bad on iPad Pro 2018 because of sample rate issue?

• edited October 2019

@ALB I think what rezidue is saying is that the first 3 sliders is for a PWM oscillator, with slider 1 being level, the next 2 sliders are a morph oscillator with slider 1 being level, then there’s level control for the sub oscillator and finally level control for noise. Does that make sense of what you’re hearing?

• @anickt said:

@Samu said:

@anickt said:

@Samu said:

@anickt said:

@dendy said:

Yeah - not sure what @dendy is using

yeah, it's broken on 48khz, when i connected headphones and ipad switches to 44, it is ok..