Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3....the 3 wishes game

I think most of us hope that Cubasis 3 is not tooo far away but still far away enough to maybe have an impact of what should be included in our opinion.I'm curious what people like to see most but let's keep it to 3 things.My biggest wish by far is a stable clock and synchronizing.For AU/Midi clock but also simple midi notes (sometimes) have an unwanted"human feel" more often than i like.And it's so unpredictable.Sometimes it's good (but never really perfect),than it can be just"workable" and other times it's awful like a drunken Oktoberfest Visitor.This can even happen in the same song after reopening it.And it doesn't matter how complex (or not!) the stuff is.

I even started to think the clock's mood is weather dependent :smiley:

I don't know if i'm too picky but my music is very timing critical (i make mostly some detroit/chicago house inspired stuff) and with all the beautiful AU's that have an own sequencer (especially all the
midi AU stuff) it's even more important for me to have a rock solid clock.I don't know much about all different hosts/DAWs but Auria delivers a clock that is hammered in stone.I can run a dozen
Midi Sequencer (i.e. the Rozetas,Atom Piano and StepPolyarp) that drives the same amount of
Drumboxes,Samplers and Synths.And i don't get a single hickup.Never pushed AUM that far but
the results with simpler stuff were always good.So a reliable clock IS possible these days.

Anyway,here's the rest:

1. reliable clock
  2. Higher ppqn resolution.
  3. Sub Groups/Busses

Of course,there's (always) more but i think it's interesting to keep it focussed.

One more thing is not a wish but maybe an annoying bug.Cubasis seem to prioritize graphic over audio because i often get short but nasty audio glitches when i open the mixer or plugin windows.No matter what latency or CPU load.While i love the smooth Interface that's still a no go. Again,for comparisons sake,Auria never does this even with high CPU load.I wonder if it has something to do with the 120HZ screen of my 10,5 pro.

Comments

• +100 Sub groups and busses, but most of all the possibility to work directly on external drives as GB does.

• I think we are getting 2.9 next update with just iOS 13 and maybe some lil tweaks.
    Version 3 might be next year

• Universal support

• edited October 2019

1) Actual waveforms in the main window / higher resolution
    2) Subgroups / Busses
    3) Files support

I use Cubasis so much that I would happily pay for an upgrade to Cubasis 3

• @Paa89 said:
    I think we are getting 2.9 next update with just iOS 13 and maybe some lil tweaks.

yes,i'm aware of it.Enough time watch out for user requests ;)

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Universal support

+1

• I would love a re-sampling option. It would be great to record touch auv3 like spacecraft and audioslice directly in Cubasis. Seems like beatmaker is the only iOS daw that allows this, correct?

• Cubase Sampler Track for slicing & dicing using any recorded audio as a sampler instrument by drag'n'drop to the sampler track.
    Flex Pitch & Time or what ever the Steinberg variety is called for easy pitching, stretching and warping of audio.

More flexible Midi & Audio Routing
    For example one midi track controls multiple instruments on different tracks.
    Allow using midi/plug-in tracks as 'audio inputs' to record their output.
    Allow creation of busses and groups.
    Allow changing the order of effects.
    Integrate Files.app into the MediaBay.
    Add 'Files in Current Project' option to Media bay for quick access to all audio & midi objects in a project for easy drag'n'drop into the arrangement without creating duplicate files.
    Support for multichannel AUv3s.

Yada yada, yada, with all these requests and the phase things are cooking we'll have to wait until >2021 or so before we see something that even remotely fulfils our requests...

• One of the biggest problems for me is when opening a project in Cubasis, one or more tracks are arbitrarily armed in Record Mode. This is when the project has been closed with no tracks in Record Mode. When the tracks are minimized so the record buttons are hidden, or even when not hidden, and the armed tracks aren't showing on the screen, I've accidentally recorded onto tracks by accident. Can this be addressed @LFS?

• @mikewb said:
    I would love a re-sampling option. It would be great to record touch auv3 like spacecraft and audioslice directly in Cubasis. Seems like beatmaker is the only iOS daw that allows this, correct?

There's always the option to 'freeze' a track in Cubasis but yeah, being able to use a midi/AUv3 track as a 'source' for an audio-track would make it a bit easier.

There are some rumours floating about a new daw but no real details, feels more like wishful thinking...
    (Personally I'd love to see Ableton step up their iOSGame with 'iLive' with Simlpler, DrumRack audio/midi tracks and full AUv3 support).

But yeah, I'm not expecting too much to drop this year...

• When it ships it will be a "game changer". It will have new features we didn't ask for
    and didn't know we really needed. Game over.

• @musikeer said:
    One of the biggest problems for me is when opening a project in Cubasis, one or more tracks are arbitrarily armed in Record Mode. This is when the project has been closed with no tracks in Record Mode. When the tracks are minimized so the record buttons are hidden, or even when not hidden, and the armed tracks aren't showing on the screen, I've accidentally recorded onto tracks by accident. Can this be addressed @LFS?

Funny you mention this as this seems to always happen to me. I turned off the arm track when selected feature but somehow, someway, these damn armed record buttons start appearing again.

For me, busses would be nice and would allow me to get closer to a finished track on my ipad. And to further this, more FX slots on the main track. And hell, while we're here. It would be great if we could move their positions at our leisure.

• Would love to see the chord track and arranger track from the desktop version on iOS.

• edited October 2019

@Samu you are cheating ;) That's enough material till Cubasis 4.Okay...3.5 😊

• @Paa89 said:
    I think we are getting 2.9 next update with just iOS 13 and maybe some lil tweaks.

I wonder if we will get them both together - version 2.9 for free and at the same time the new version 3 that you will have to buy.

• @Crabman said:
    1. reliable clock
    2. Higher ppqn resolution.
    3. Sub Groups/Busses

Yes!! And I'd add
    4. A sampler instrument that works as advertised, including loops and crossfade loops in samples.

Noteworthy fact: Clock was stable in older versions before something like 2.1 or 2.2...

• @Simon said:

@Paa89 said:

I wonder if we will get them both together - version 2.9 for free and at the same time the new version 3 that you will have to buy.

That would be interesting.Lars keep saying Things like “we have it planned for a major update release “ in regards to a lot of features.im really interested to see what the next major Cubasis release Would be like.i don’t want to do a wish list and then end up with nothing 😂

• Would really liked ghost parts/linked clips.

I’ve wanted these for a while, but now that I’m using them regularly in Xequence and NS2, I can’t live without them.

• Cubase sampler track.
    Folder tracks.

• edited October 2019

File management and folders
    Browser with search and filter features
    Mix down to MP3
    More internal effects from Cubase like Tuner, etc.

• Better internal sounds , especially acoustic ones.

• edited October 2019

Since there seem to be a lot of new people on the forum and I do not tire of constantly reposting this on every 'What does Cubasis need thread' known to humankind. Here it is yet again...

(apologies for being a horrible reposting human)

Oh yah and re-ordering fx is a must. Something tells me something else will come along and fill these needs/wants/whines first.

• Imagine if They could merge Atom Piano roll or something that looks like that would be really cool

• A native Auto-Tune and DeEsser.

Honestly I like what we’ve got now. It’s hard for me to want more when I can barely comprehend how far we’ve come in the last 5 years.

• Video import

• @NoiseHorse said:
    A native Auto-Tune and DeEsser.

Honestly I like what we’ve got now. It’s hard for me to want more when I can barely comprehend how far we’ve come in the last 5 years.

Of course it's great already but there is no need to stop here.I would shut my mouth though if at least the available features would work well...

• I would love to see an option in the media bay to show all audio files used in the current project.
    (I can already dig into the project folder in Files.app to access them but no way to do it directly within Cubasis).

Let say you want to use an audio clip in multiple places in the arrangement.
    The 'copy & paste' procedure is awkward to use when it could simply be 'show files in active project' media bay and drag a clip from there to the arranger.

And why limit the media bay to current project, allow browsing resources in other projects for quick and easy import.
    For audio clips this can be done with the Files.app but to do it inside Cubasis is a no-go...

I really do hope that the Cubasis team is on alert and doesn't 'sleep' regarding usable features if they wan't to keep the app on the bleeding edge.

Oh well, the update drops when it drops...

• 1 Stable Clock

2 Tempo Change

3 Stable Clock

• MIDI note counts by event, track and the whole project to show how many notes were used

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29190/clusterfest

• @GrimLucky said:
    Would love to see the chord track and arranger track from the desktop version on iOS.

+1