Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Time Travelin' with 4Pockets' Time Machine - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

Hey hey hey - back at it again with another 4Pockets creation:

Comments

• Anyone that likes LoFi should watch this tour of the "Time Machine" vinyl and Amp simulator in one app for $5 from 4Pockets. Great demo of the app's capabilities to relocate and audio project in Time.

• And your comment is a great way to keep this thread on the front page.

Team Dave for the win!

;)

• The very idea that charlatans and ne'er-do-wells embrace such behavior must be discouraged in the strongest and most violent terms, unless the vid concerned (this one) deserves the bump... :)

• Bumpity bumpy bumperton.....

• @Daveypoo said:
    And your comment is a great way to keep this thread on the front page.

Team Dave for the win!

;)

People NEED to watch the video... starting at 0:20 after your meds stabilize.
    Once that camera light turns red you get the huge surge of adrenalin and your
    levels go up 3dB. My brain starts clipping before my coffee kicks in.

I was a bit disappointed in Time Machine at first play but when you explain the
    actual FX being enabled it helps understand how to use it for shaping the colors
    of a track. Adding Tube Saturation and Drive is always a useful effect... like ReAmp,
    ToneBoosters Barricade, Magic Death Eye. That's the "Time Machine" I want:
    Tube Amp distortion. Vinyl noise, disc warping and lo-fi radio might be useful for video sound
    engineering projects. Your "Hindenburg Disaster Announcer" demo is a great example.

If we support the good YouTube video-graphers we'll see more YouTubers discover the
    amazing power of IOS apps. More users... more apps... "a rising tide raises all boats".

• @McD said:

@Daveypoo said:

I was a bit disappointed in Time Machine at first play but when you explain the
    actual FX being enabled it helps understand how to use it for shaping the colors
    of a track. Adding Tube Saturation and Drive is always a useful effect... like ReAmp,
    ToneBoosters Barricade, Magic Death Eye. That's the "Time Machine" I want:
    Tube Amp distortion. Vinyl noise, disc warping and lo-fi radio might be useful for video sound
    engineering projects. Your "Hindenburg Disaster Announcer" demo is a great example.

If we support the good YouTube video-graphers we'll see more YouTubers discover the
    amazing power of IOS apps. More users... more apps... "a rising tide raises all boats".

The challenge I pose to myself with every video is taking whatever app and putting a new spin on it. I truly believe that there is a use case for EVERY app, but it just might not be as the dev intended.

Time Machine is a perfect example - it's rare that I'm going to need vinyl-esque scratches and pops on a track, but I might need it on just an intro. Or for a specialty project - I've been hired to do all sorts of weird engineering gigs (such as mindful meditation CDs & podcasts) and this is just the thing for that ONE TIME you need it.

Aside from all that, the saturation here is fantastic sounding. Worth the $5 just for an alternate flavour of gain from the other apps out there.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Aside from all that, the saturation here is fantastic sounding. Worth the $5 just for an alternate flavour of gain from the other apps out there.

So, true. I was going to pass on the ToneBoosters Barricade app until a Forum member alerted me to it's excellent saturation and drive knobs to add grit to my "pseudo" guitar amp rigs in AUM. I've been getting some inspiring guitar tones and also went the "cheap" ($40) hardware route with the Joyo Amp Pedals (American = Fender and AC Tone = Vox). I'll wait for the credit card to level out and try the "Californian = Mesa Boogie"). You can use these pedals right into the PA and leave your amp at home (assuming you get a good monitor mix). They have no latency.

The Barricade Amp simulation offers a "close enough" Fender emulation for me at $7.

• I am curious about those Joyo pedals as I've heard good things...

• I think your videos need more Aperol or Cappilletti.

• @johnfromberkeley So people should drink more to be able to like my videos?

Makes sense...

• @Daveypoo said:
    @johnfromberkeley So people should drink more to be able to like my videos?

Makes sense...

Just spritzes.

• Hey @Daveypoo, have you gotten this app to run in Auria Pro?

• @philowerx said:
    Hey @Daveypoo, have you gotten this app to run in Auria Pro?

I gotta be honest - I haven't tried. I used Auria Pro a long time ago but I got to frustrated with the MIDI and never went back.

Sorry, man!

• @Daveypoo said:

@philowerx said:
    Hey @Daveypoo, have you gotten this app to run in Auria Pro?

I gotta be honest - I haven't tried. I used Auria Pro a long time ago but I got to frustrated with the MIDI and never went back.

Sorry, man!

No worries, thanks.

• This was a cool video, Dave.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    This was a cool video, Dave.

Thanks! Frankly, I'm offended that it took you this long to watch it..... I mean, as you admitted to yesterday, this IS entirely your fault after all.

• @Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    This was a cool video, Dave.

Thanks! Frankly, I'm offended that it took you this long to watch it..... I mean, as you admitted to yesterday, this IS entirely your fault after all.

😇