Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

moodscaper caf files

Since .caf files appear to be only readable by quicktime, is there a way to open them in ios/ipados and convert them there? if Apple wants to have a proprietary format, great, but there should be a way to use them.

if it can't be done, then perhaps the moodscaper dev would consider changing the file formats to something more usable on ios/ipados (since moodscaper IS an ios/ipados app)?

i'm going back to the moodscaper manual to see whether the files you create yourself will be stored as .wav files.

Comments

• You can use AudioShare to play and convert them.

• @motmeister said:
    Since .caf files appear to be only readable by quicktime, is there a way to open them in ios/ipados and convert them there? if Apple wants to have a proprietary format, great, but there should be a way to use them.

if it can't be done, then perhaps the moodscaper dev would consider changing the file formats to something more usable on ios/ipados (since moodscaper IS an ios/ipados app)?

i'm going back to the moodscaper manual to see whether the files you create yourself will be stored as .wav files.

Fwiw, many apps play caf files, not just QuickTime.

• @CracklePot said:
    You can use AudioShare to play and convert them.

Really? I will try it!
    Thx!

• edited October 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@motmeister said:

On the surface, moodscaper was the only obvious one To me. It’s helpful to know that others do too. I was looking into the ability of moodscaper to set up your own patterns or samples or whatever they’re called. When I looked at the ones native to moodscaper, I saw that they were cafs and just wondered.

When I googled caf, the only thing I saw was QuickTime.

• @motmeister said:

@espiegel123 said:

@motmeister said:

On the surface, moodscaper was the only obvious one To me. It’s helpful to know that others do too. I was looking into the ability of moodscaper to set up your own patterns or samples or whatever they’re called. When I looked at the ones native to moodscaper, I saw that they were cafs and just wondered.

When I googled caf, the only thing I saw was QuickTime.

You might want to search again. While caf isn't widely support on Windows, it is supported by many Mac and iOS apps. If I remember correctly, it's first major appearance was as the format for GarageBand.