Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS Update: Open In-Send To-Copy...

Oh the mess it is......

The fact apps have never standardized file transfer protocols for in/out and reciprocal movement of data leaves me a bit frustrated.

Maybe someone can help.

When you attempt to say export a wav from AudioShare and you now have to select “more”....every time?

Am I missing a setting to ensure you can edit which apps are on the list?

Seems Kaola is the only one always on my first list.

That is my main gripe at the iOS thing.

Then you have an app like iMashine which I love..but fuck ....import via ACopy in only?

C mon.

Any pointers on expediting file movement appreciated.

Comments

• You can arrange the objects in the list while in "more", just drag the preferred apps up or down...

• edited October 2019

Yah I have been having issues where I can’t tap the app icons after hitting send and it just sits there not responding.

• @Samu said:
    You can arrange the objects in the list while in "more", just drag the preferred apps up or down...

Bro, do you work at Apple?

I must say you are Samu the iOS File Manager Guru! For years!

Thanks

• While we are here anyone want to help me with my MacBook with a silly question?

My sidebar preferences have several things selected but not showing.

I think I accidentally snagged a column divider and messed it up.

How do I regain the Side Bar visibility?

THANKS IN ADVANCE for help with this simple but unsolved mystery I have going on....

• edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    While we are here anyone want to help me with my MacBook with a silly question?

THANKS IN ADVANCE for help with this simple but unsolved mystery I have going on....

lol
    press cmd+alt+s
    apple alt s on older Macs

I know that saying ...no such thing as a stupid question......well...........not so much.......LOL

When is wedding again? The winter?

• Oh the „open in“ Dialog... Apple completely fucked it up. I am really disappointed by that choice. Many of my normal Workflows don’t run as smooth. And most of the time the apps are missing too...?! Why? Wtf!?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Max23 said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    While we are here anyone want to help me with my MacBook with a silly question?

lol
    press cmd+alt+s
    apple alt s on older Macs

I know that saying ...no such thing as a stupid question......well...........not so much.......LOL

When is wedding again? The winter?

In general when UI things 'go missing' the View menu is a quite sure bet to go looking for them.
    (View -> Hide/Show Sidebar).

Nah, I don't work for Appel but have been using Apple Stuff since ~94 or so...

• edited October 2019

Man, this is one of the best thing about 13! I still hate those random apps that used to crop up when trying to share a file. Some apps I've never even owned and in some incomprehensible order. Some random Apple algo.

I think you just need to take a deep breath and feel your way around. I know it's unusual for apple to let us customise things. It is so unusual that even when the door of the box is wide open we end up running to the darkest corner.

• @supadom said:
    Man, this is one of the best thing about 13! I still hate those random apps that used to crop up when trying to share a file. Some apps I've never even owned and in some incomprehensible order. Some random Apple algo.

I think you just need to take a deep breath and feel your way around. I know it's unusual for apple to let us customise things. It is so unusual that even when the door of the box is wide open we end up running to the darkest corner.

Best advice I heard since back in 2001 when someone told me go to bed after partying in NYC for 5 days and nights .....

LOL

• @supadom said:

Fwiw, the list is not from some random Apple algorithm. It has to do with file types an app says it handles. Some apps don't set the info up correctly, I think.

• @espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:

Fwiw, the list is not from some random Apple algorithm. It has to do with file types an app says it handles. Some apps don't set the info up correctly, I think.

Thanks for the clarification. I was actually giving a slightly off example of what we still to this day get with audio copy. It was all for a dramatic purpose.