Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steinberg new USB-C interfaces

Just wondering if anyone has got one of these yet?

https://www.gearnews.com/steinberg-introduces-urc-series-usb-3-0-audio-interfaces/

They look to be ideal for the iPad Pro 2018 or other devices with usb c.

Comments

• Nice addition that all models now include the DSP chips :)

More worried about macOS Catalina compatibility as none of the drivers have been update to support it...
    I do also wonder if my old UR-242 will get proper drivers in time or if it's EOL and I need to dig deep into the wallet again.

Hopefully all will work out but I'll let others try macOS Catalina since I can't afford to loose Renoise...
    (Meaning as long as Renoise doesn't work under Catalina I won't update even though my MacBook Air is supported).

Then again I would likely loose Logic if the new versions require Catalina...

• @Samu said:

More worried about macOS Catalina compatibility as none of the drivers have been update to support it...

They aren't class-compliant?

• @mistercharlie said:

They aren't class-compliant?

Partially but for best performance and direct Control of the Hardware the driver is needed. The latency is lower with the driver compared to not using the driver...

No driver is needed for iOS :)

• @Samu what does the onboard DSP chip do? Think there’s any shot that they make it Cubasis compatible for offloading some iPad stress?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    @Samu what does the onboard DSP chip do? Think there’s any shot that they make it Cubasis compatible for offloading some iPad stress?

At least on the UR242 you can add a compressor & eq to every input channel.
    There's also an option to choose between EQ& Comp ot a few AMP sims if needed.

The compressor, eq and amp sims can be 'baked in' (meaning processed signal recorded to a daw).
    They can not be used as 'send effects' from e DAW.

The box also has a built-in Reverb (Yamaha Rev-X) that is only used for playback.
    (Each input channel channel can be sent to the reverb using the DSPMix.app).

I've not yet bumped into any iOS reverb that is on par with the Rev-X on the UR-242.
    (This is one of the reasons I wish Steinberg would give us the DSP effects as Plug-Ins for iOS just as on the desktop).

Steinberg has pretty comprehensive info on the DSP.

• @Samu said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    @Samu what does the onboard DSP chip do? Think there’s any shot that they make it Cubasis compatible for offloading some iPad stress?

At least on the UR242 you can add a compressor & eq to every input channel.
    There's also an option to choose between EQ& Comp ot a few AMP sims if needed.

The compressor, eq and amp sims can be 'baked in' (meaning processed signal recorded to a daw).
    They can not be used as 'send effects' from e DAW.

The box also has a built-in Reverb (Yamaha Rev-X) that is only used for playback.
    (Each input channel channel can be sent to the reverb using the DSPMix.app).

I've not yet bumped into any iOS reverb that is on par with the Rev-X on the UR-242.
    (This is one of the reasons I wish Steinberg would give us the DSP effects as Plug-Ins for iOS just as on the desktop).

Steinberg has pretty comprehensive info on the DSP.

Ok Thanks for the info. Reminds me of my apogee element with its dsp and plugins. I love the low latency tracking with plugs at high buffers! I wish we’d see an iOS DSP connection soon. UAD, Steinberg and others already have the hardware....can we get a port?

• My god they look exactly like the Focusrites don’t they? 😂 As do the Behringers (natch) etc. Anyone know who was the first to make an interface looking like this?