Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 is here now

1234568»

Comments

• @benkamen said:
    You can import multiple files from Dropbox or Files. There is not an option to do so from AudioShare.

Be sure that for all the questions and suggestions (as is the forum style after all :) ) many of us are opening this app every day and enjoying what it helps us make etc etc.

• FWIW , Audioshare's content is available via Files. So, one could load multiple files from the AudioShare directory via Files.

• @espiegel123 said:
    FWIW , Audioshare's content is available via Files. So, one could load multiple files from the AudioShare directory via Files.

Clever people are good to have around. :+1:

• @Samu said:
    Just lifting up an old thread to ask what the 'logic' behind choosing AIFF for the export in Patterning 2 was since most apps use *.wav... (Cubasis for example has never supported AIFF on iOS and I doubt we'll see support for that).

You can't import an aiff file into Cubasis? srsly?

• @espiegel123 said:
    FWIW , Audioshare's content is available via Files. So, one could load multiple files from the AudioShare directory via Files.

Yep, Files support is much better than AudioShare or Dropbox alone. You have access to AudioShare, Dropbox, and any other file service from Files. Not to mention it should provide easy access to external drives when iOS 13 drops.

• @benkamen said:
    You can import multiple files from Dropbox or Files. There is not an option to do so from AudioShare.

Thank you! Good to know

• edited September 2019

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Anybody else have trouble getting Patterning 2 to reliably switch drum kits during playback? I'm not using the multiple feature, just trying to load from the kits screen. The new samples show they've loaded up on the sample screen, but the previous kit just keeps playing. @benkamen If it helps, it's always when I'm using it in Apematrix or Auria, I haven't tried it standalone though.

Yes, I get the issue of trying to load samples and having them not load in. If I save the drumkit and load the song it then shows up. It becomes very crash prone for me if it sits in this non loaded state too long.

Also, my individual track export does not work for me and I get either blank tracks or each track is a copy of the master output.

:(

Unsure as to why but I’ve been getting increasing instances of this, with the app repeatedly dropping imported samples from the library whilst making kits, also problems when switching kits whilst playing, crashes & audio break up. Similar behaviours with Patterning 2. Bit gutted as this has been my longtime go to. Not sure if I should have searched for a more current thread for this.

• edited October 2019

@Paul16 said:

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Anybody else have trouble getting Patterning 2 to reliably switch drum kits during playback? I'm not using the multiple feature, just trying to load from the kits screen. The new samples show they've loaded up on the sample screen, but the previous kit just keeps playing. @benkamen If it helps, it's always when I'm using it in Apematrix or Auria, I haven't tried it standalone though.

Yes, I get the issue of trying to load samples and having them not load in. If I save the drumkit and load the song it then shows up. It becomes very crash prone for me if it sits in this non loaded state too long.

Also, my individual track export does not work for me and I get either blank tracks or each track is a copy of the master output.

Unsure as to why but I’ve been getting increasing instances of this, with the app repeatedly dropping imported samples from the library whilst making kits, also problems when switching kits whilst playing, crashes & audio break up. Similar behaviours with Patterning 2. Bit gutted as this has been my longtime go to. Not sure if I should have searched for a more current thread for this.

I’ve actually gone back to Patterning 1 because of all the niggling P2 problems that have been overlooked to this point. I’ve reported a couple of them, definitely the sample loading problems, so that’s the best I can do. It’s been several months so I just went back to good old stability.

• Hopefully one day we can get midi file out since we can’t use have an au version.

• @Paul16 said:

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:

Have you been keeping up with updates?

• edited October 2019

@benkamen said:

@Paul16 said:

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:

Have you been keeping up with updates?

Yep, both are updated to their current versions. I have tried restarts, app re installs etc.

After importing samples from Audioshare, creating a kit & saving ( both kit & song ), the app seems to drop the samples from the library after switching out the kit for another & then re loading.
    Alternatively, upon restarting the app the previously imported samples have just vanished from both the kit & the library.

• edited October 2019

@oat_phipps said:

@Paul16 said:

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:

I’ve actually gone back to Patterning 1 because of all the niggling P2 problems that have been overlooked to this point. I’ve reported a couple of them, definitely the sample loading problems, so that’s the best I can do. It’s been several months so I just went back to good old stability.

I purchased Patterning 2 because of the issues that I was experiencing with 1 ( & the ratcheting capabilities & pads ) but ended up having to go back to it. Hope these can be addressed, as previously it was always a rock solid app for me & my first choice for drum programming.

• Ok, thanks. @Paul16 The reason I’m asking is cause that sounds a lot like an iPadOS glitch that is resolved as of the update from a couple days ago. But sounds like that’s not it. Can you do me a favor and email my support at olympia noise co dot com address so I can sort out what’s happening?

• @benkamen said:
    Ok, thanks. @Paul16 The reason I’m asking is cause that sounds a lot like an iPadOS glitch that is resolved as of the update from a couple days ago. But sounds like that’s not it. Can you do me a favor and email my support at olympia noise co dot com address so I can sort out what’s happening?

Sent a message via your website

• Chordion 2 please. I’ve used it today, still amazing.

• @supadom said:
    Chordion 2 please. I’ve used it today, still amazing.

Upvote.

• edited October 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

Upvote.

@benkamen 's face hasn't twitched which I take as a sign of a build up for a strategic and imminent' low hype high impact' release.

• @supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

Upvote.

@benkamen 's face hasn't twitched which I take as a sign of a build up for a strategic and imminent' low hype high impact' release.

Agreed. There can be little question he's about to blow our minds.

• @benkamen said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@benkamen said:

@kobamoto said:
    Thank you Ben.
    What's the chronology of your Roadmap on this one?

Fix bugs, choose some new features to add. Repeat.

any chance one of those updates is a proper euclidean mode ? i remember you mentioning it waaaay back in a patterning 1 video's comments.

It's on the feature request list. Actually one of the more fleshed out proposals. https://github.com/olympianoiseco/Patterning-2-Public/issues/20

Hey,

Any chance for having this feature?