Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• At last. My love has come along.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    At last. My love has come along.

This is a shining example of photoshop skill.

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    At last. My love has come along.

This is a shining example of photoshop skill.

Agreed. Guess it could have been Thing 1 and Thing 2, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, any of the truly great couples....I have commented a lot on politics (not here of course), but have put myself on hiatus for lacking a true sense of the absurd. And on this day that dear Rutger shuffled off as well. Time to die indeed....

• How long before someone appoints their favourite horse as a senator?

• EIther this is/was far ahead of its time or (more depressingly) it is perfect proof that we are destined to go around in the same dull circles etc etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v=f6a_weyzkY4

• edited August 2019

Just watched the Sampletank/Blackhole video, and reminded me of this track. John Martyn positioned speakers on an island in a lake, and recorded the echo from his guitar playing back on shore, echoes across the water, late at night, whiskey bottle by his side.

Lovely to be able to do this thing on an iPad 40 years later, but part of me would rather be beside that lake.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Just watched the Sampletank/Blackhole video, and reminded me of this track. John Martyn positioned speakers on an island in a lake, and recorded the echo from his guitar playing back on shore, echoes across the water, late at night, whiskey bottle by his side.

Lovely to be able to do this thing on an iPad 40 years later, but part of me would rather be beside that lake.

I'd prefer the lake.

I don't think he actually used the lake for echo like that though, just picked up all those outside sounds in the mics. Do you know where you heard that from?

• edited August 2019

@BroCoast said:

@MonzoPro said:

I'd prefer the lake.

I don't think he actually used the lake for echo like that though, just picked up all those outside sounds in the mics. Do you know where you heard that from?

Can’t remember now, probably a documentary or biography, but also from a mate who did some work with him. Bit about it here: http://pruningsfromthevines.blogspot.com/2010/10/small-hours.html?m=1

Edit: just found this, maybe I embellished the original story in my brain, prefer my version: “One of Phill Brown’s recording techniques for the album – at Blackwell’s suggestion – involved installing a large PA system outdoors and setting the monitor stacks up on the far side of the stables, pointing out across the lake, then using two microphones on the opposite side of the house, to mike up the outdoor PA sound coming back off the lake, and two more close to the water’s edge, to pick up the water lapping at the shore, as well as the distant, extremely ambient guitar sound coming from the PA.”

• @MonzoPro said:

@BroCoast said:

@MonzoPro said:

I'd prefer the lake.

Can’t remember now, probably a documentary or biography, but also from a mate who did some work with him. Bit about it here: http://pruningsfromthevines.blogspot.com/2010/10/small-hours.html?m=1

Edit: just found this, maybe I embellished the original story in my brain, prefer my version: “One of Phill Brown’s recording techniques for the album – at Blackwell’s suggestion – involved installing a large PA system outdoors and setting the monitor stacks up on the far side of the stables, pointing out across the lake, then using two microphones on the opposite side of the house, to mike up the outdoor PA sound coming back off the lake, and two more close to the water’s edge, to pick up the water lapping at the shore, as well as the distant, extremely ambient guitar sound coming from the PA.”

Cool. :)

I was kind of just wondering in my head how they'd get power and cable connections over to the island.

It kind of reminded me of a dream I've had, playing guitar next to a lake and the sound would ricochet back across the water at me a few seconds later all metallic and crystal like.

One World is such a beautiful album. I hadn't played that in years, thanks for posting that!

• edited August 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    EIther this is/was far ahead of its time or (more depressingly) it is perfect proof that we are destined to go around in the same dull circles etc etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v

:smiley:

• @lukesleepwalker @purpan2 Thank you my fine contrarians :)

Unfortunately I was referring to a distinct lack of television coverage of the Ashes series currently going on back in Blighty which saw a ridiculously exciting end to a game today which I would have loved to watch live.

For all of that, it must be even more annoying to live in the UK and no longer be able to watch the games either on free-to-air (as was always the way) because it is only now available via a SKY subscription etc.

Helen Handbasket.

• edited August 2019

I took this photo at a firework display here earlier. The motto? Don’t drink beer before attempting arty firework photos.

• @MonzoPro said:

I took this photo at a firework display here earlier. The motto? Don’t drink beer before attempting arty firework photos.

That's not a bad photographic description of what migraines feel like (to me) just after lift off...November 5th is it?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

That's not a bad photographic description of what migraines feel like (to me) just after lift off...November 5th is it?

Nah, the weird pagan end to the ‘Victorian Week’ they have here. They all march through town with blazing torches, then to the lake for the fireworks. Got some good samples of the marching band and announcements, so they’ll crop up in some tunes at some point.

• edited September 2019

">

• http://www.fotocommunity.com/info/Helsinki_Bus_Station_Theory

Can't decide whether it (Helsinki Bus Station Theory) would be a better band name or album title...

• Great metaphor. Just stay on the bus.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

ZAZ-966E “Eliette” Soviet car designed for export, 1960′s.

Sex sells. And guitars.

big dangly ear-rings and nicely rounded front and back end design ( the car.. silly ) don’t do any harm either!

• “I spend a lot of time listening and writing music while half asleep. Music that evolves quietly and slowly like the weather. Machinery bending time. I love that shit. If you’re still awake by the end of it, I’ve done something wrong. Night night. Lights out.”

https://happymag.tv/life-is-hard-but-youll-always-have-this-bedtime-mix-curated-by-radiohead/