Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio in not working IOS 13 - Line 6 Sonic Port

My line 6 sonic port no longer works, anyone recommend an interface for iOS 13??

Comments

• edited September 2019

You’re right, that sucks. That’s 2 mfi interfaces I’ve bought that Apple have screwed.

If you just want a guitar interface my I track pocket still seems to work.

And TC helicon blender works for 3.5m stereo inputs *6 and 4 simultaneous stereo outputs.

• WTF - what's the point of the MFi certification then? I really hope this can be fixed.

• edited September 2019

Hmm, not nice!! I hope they’ll resolve the issue soon. Thanks for informing me/us! Ios 13 hasn’t arrived here yet, but I will wait when it does. Must be terrible if you have updated already.

• Hope that’s fixed soon!🤞
    Thank for the info

• iOS13.1 will be out later today so it’s worth a shot!

• Not good. I have it, like it, guess I’m staying put till further notice. Thanks for the info. Saved!

• Anyone has the Sonic Port VX?

• I only have the Line6 MobileIn that I sometimes use with the 30Pin->Lightning Adapter and so far it's working fine with my iPhone 8 running iOS13... (I got the interface for free so I can't really complain).

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Anyone has the Sonic Port VX?

The line 6 post above says vx is broken too.

• Does anyone here know if this issue is in iPadOS beta as well?

With the SonicPort, does anyone have a USB cable instead of the lightning?
    I ask because the Behringer UCA202 still works on iOS 13 with the CCK adapter, but reading that Line6 statement makes me think this still wouldn’t work. The UCA202 didn’t require an app to be recognized, but the Sonic Port required the Mobile Pod app which must contain some kind of driver...curious. Makes me wonder if Line6 could fix it but would rather not bother.

• Good observation! Yeah the software will only work when the sonic vx is attached, i think

@3sleeves said:
    Does anyone here know if this issue is in iPadOS beta as well?

With the SonicPort, does anyone have a USB cable instead of the lightning?
    I ask because the Behringer UCA202 still works on iOS 13 with the CCK adapter, but reading that Line6 statement makes me think this still wouldn’t work. The UCA202 didn’t require an app to be recognized, but the Sonic Port required the Mobile Pod app which must contain some kind of driver...curious. Makes me wonder if Line6 could fix it but would rather not bother.

• Sonic port doesn’t require mobile pad app - but does provide a free unlock of the app.

• @BiancaNeve When I first tried to use the Sonic Port in AudioShare it wasn’t recognized until I installed the Mobile Pod app. It worked this way on my iPhone 5C (iOS 9), and SE (iOS 10), and 2017 iPad Pro (iOS 11). Not sure if that changed in recent iOS updates.
    I just installed iOS 13.1 on the iPhone SE and the Sonic Port still doesn’t work, but all of the USB interfaces I’ve tried do work (Behringer UCA202, Behringer UMC202HD, Novation AudioHub 2x4).

• Man i hope Line 6 doesn’t give up easily cause this item wasnt cheap🤯

• Can anyone confirm if other lightning connector audio interfaces are having issues?

Any lightning connector microphones having issues?

• @3sleeves said:
    Can anyone confirm if other lightning connector audio interfaces are having issues?

Any lightning connector microphones having issues?

I have an iConnectMIDI4+ that I've been using with the lightning connector. It works fine on iPadOS 13.1 for both audio and MIDI.

• iconnect Audio4 and iconnect midi 2 seems ok so far, fingers crossed...

• edited September 2019

https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html#new-ticket-rpid-1692573
    Here is a link all of us SonicPort users can use to remind Line 6 folks to work on fixing this. I sent a request. Maybe we need to badger Apple so they unbug it like they fixed IAA in 13.1. The more the better.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Man i hope Line 6 doesn’t give up easily cause this item wasnt cheap🤯

Certainly hope not. Wonder if the problem will transfer to iPad iOS once released? I take it and I’m a little confused here, that the iPhone has this problem but not the ipad?

• @Wrecked said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Certainly hope not. Wonder if the problem will transfer to iPad iOS once released? I take it and I’m a little confused here, that the iPhone has this problem but not the ipad?

The iPad has the problem too (at least on the last beta)

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Wrecked said:

@Tones4Christ said:

So, mines on 12.4?, that’s where it’s staying for now( iPad) Thanks

• @NoiseHorse said:
    https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html#new-ticket-rpid-1692573
    Here is a link all of us SonicPort users can use to remind Line 6 folks to work on fixing this. I sent a request. Maybe we need to badger Apple so they unbug it like they fixed IAA in 13.1. The more the better.

You need to report it to Apple. The problem is the driver written
    by Apple.

• @espiegel123 said:

You need to report it to Apple. The problem is the driver written
    by Apple.

Yes I’ve also sent a bug report to Apple. I wonder what @Michael did to get a quick response from Apple on the IAA glitch? Whatever it is I need to do that.

• Yeah me too. Mine is at 12.4.1 on Ipad but iPhone is at 13. I connected VX port yesterday to AUM and it did see it; but no audio got through. It even crashed Audioshare audio recorder.

I wonder if Line6 can do a firmware update via usb?

@Wrecked said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Wrecked said:

@Tones4Christ said:

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Yeah me too. Mine is at 12.4.1 on Ipad but iPhone is at 13. I connected VX port yesterday to AUM and it did see it; but no audio got through. It even crashed Audioshare audio recorder.

I wonder if Line6 can do a firmware update via usb?

@Wrecked said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Wrecked said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Bit alarming really . I mean, how many have they sold? Anyway at least they know about it and Yamaha are now in charge, so, maybe they’ll act and sort it with Apple.

• Can confirm, iPadOS has the same issues with the Sonic Port as iOS 13 on iPhone.

• edited September 2019

What issues are people seeing? I did a quick test with my VX, using the micro USB port and a USB-C adapter from my iPad on 13.1 and didn't have any issues.

• Wow really perhaps that’s the issue; the change to USB c could have broken the driver?

@Liquidmantis said:
    What issues are people seeing? I did a quick test with my VX, using the mini USB port and a USB-C adapter from my iPad on 13.1 and didn't have any issues.

• Did you try recording?

@Liquidmantis said:
    What issues are people seeing? I did a quick test with my VX, using the mini USB port and a USB-C adapter from my iPad on 13.1 and didn't have any issues.