Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3

Comments

• Thomann is saying 2-3 weeks. Sold out on Novation webshop.

Looks like quite a few people are interested in these things!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Sold out on Novation webshop.

On day one. Wow ! Although tbh I'm not entirely surprised, it looks like a great controller.

• This looks very tasty. I wonder how the new keybed compares to Arturia minilab/keystep. I guess I'll have to wait until it arrives in shops and test it myself.

• @branis said:
    This looks very tasty. I wonder how the new keybed compares to Arturia minilab/keystep. I guess I'll have to wait until it arrives in shops and test it myself.

Some reviews have it as the weakest spot so I don't think they will be as good as Arturia's which seem to be best in the mini keys class.

• edited September 2019

Is this the first controller in iOS history that integrates with an app????????

• @Korakios said:

Roli !

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

@Korakios said:

Roli !

Launchkey MK II has been integrated with Groovebox for around 18 months :)

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Korakios said:

Roli !

Which one?
    Maybe I was wrong ,but in the video it seemed that the MK3 has full control over Groovebox and I mean with led feedback.
    (Dreaming for a Push2 integration/controller)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Korakios said:

Roli !

Somehow missed that

• @Korakios said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Korakios said:

Roli !

Somehow missed that

It's easy done, there's a lot of info flying about these days :) ...
    I have been using one since the GB update back then and it is very good ... I wish there were more apps that took advantage of the Novation controllers in terms of the LED feedback, it makes such a difference for me, the controller feels alive and not dead like unlit ones do...Launchpad app integrates with the Launchpad hardware too...it has done for even longer than GB and Launchkey...

• Seriously thinking about replacing my Arturia Keystep with this. I’ve got enough sequencers...so I won’t be missing this one not having one. It covers pretty much everything I used the keystep for...and, it will fit in my backpack, whereas the keystep wouldn’t.

• edited September 2019

Don't want to piss on the parade, but one of my biggest criticisms of the mk2 unit was inability to adjust velocity curves for the keys or pads. I've watched videos where people really have to whack the keys to get the higher velocities.

Does anyone know if they addressed it in the mk3? Is there a way (on the device or via a desktop configuration tool like Korg provide) that allow the curves to be made more or less sensitive?

Top tip:
    If not... I recommend using Audioveek's curves plugin (from his Midi tools suite). This allows you to remap incoming velocities onto a different input curve, giving you the ability to control sensitivity of controllers that normally only have fixed response curves.

• @Korakios said:

Launchpad mk2 also integrates perfectly with the Launchpad App

• edited September 2019

@Korakios said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Korakios said:

Roli !

Somehow missed that

You can even plug more than one launch controller series (launchpad, launchcontrol, launchkey...) and use them at the same time with their own feedback and different control on any of them. So you can trigger cells with one and fx with other...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@Korakios said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Korakios said:

Roli !

Somehow missed that

You can even plug more than one launch controller series (launchpad, launchcontrol, launchkey...) and use them at the same time with their own feedback and different control on any of them. So you can trigger cells with one and fx with other...

Launchpad? Step-sequencer ????!

• @Korakios said:

RD4 with the OG Launchkey Mini: [https://mikrosonic.com/rd4-launchkey-mini](https://www.mikrosonic.com/rd4-

launchkey-mini "https://mikrosonic.com/rd4-launchkey-mini")

• edited September 2019

@Korakios said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Korakios said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Korakios said:

Roli !

Somehow missed that

Launchpad? Step-sequencer ????!

Checking the quote my fault...!
    I was talking about launchpad app sorry... so since there is not step sequencer there and BlocsWave (slicer could be considered something like that) works just as editor to later export into live mixing launchpad app...
    But you can plug two (and maybe three but I didn’t try by myself) to that app and manage clip launching, volume, fx... from the plugged controllers.
    It will be neat movement to add these options you are imagining to groovebox app and it’s clip launching approach made it suitable. Adding step sequencing compatibility to launchpad hardware will boost its sales once again @AmpifyxNovation ...

• edited September 2019

Thanks @Dham , another app I missed .
    @TheDubbyLabby , it’s ok ! Someday a push2-maschine-mpc controller will eventually land on iOS world :)

On topic ,searching YT videos/comments the MK3 seems to have very nice pads :)

• @Korakios said:
    @TheDubbyLabby , it’s ok ! Someday a push2-maschine-mpc controller will eventually land on iOS word :)

The reason I’ve returned the mk 1 were the squeegy and wobbly pads which reminds me a lot of what’s on the circuit. I hope mk 3 has something more decent.

• For me, this unfortunately represents a likelihood that we won't be seeing external midi control functionality for other midi controllers in the Ampify apps.

• edited September 2019

@supadom said:

@Korakios said:
    @TheDubbyLabby , it’s ok ! Someday a push2-maschine-mpc controller will eventually land on iOS word :)

The reason I’ve returned the mk 1 were the squeegy and wobbly pads which reminds me a lot of what’s on the circuit. I hope mk 3 has something more decent.

The video is ok, nothing to see for review ,but the guy has made videos especially for the pad quality in various controllers .
    In the above video ,on a comment he says that pads are better than the Atom , Launchpad Pro , ...will wait for a dedicated pad review ....

• @bleep said:
    ^Which is good.

With Groovebox/Launchkey integration, I find it odd that Groovebox addons do not appear as part of the Launchkey included software package, where you rather find stuff like Klevgrand DAW Cassette. Shouldn't Novation and Ampify be best friends?

This would be awesome! Unfortunately because all Groovebox IAPs are managed via the App Store, we are a bit limited in what we can offer. Hope you enjoy the integration though :)

Beth (Ampify)

• edited September 2019

Heavy user of Groovebox and Ableton, gonna have to order in stereo!!

The integration looks very well done. Thanks @AmpifyxNovation

• edited September 2019

Just noticed this on Facebook.

• I’m still confusing about how fixed chords work. It gets info about scale from somewhere? Arpeggiator setup? It only does transposition?
    I need someone with music theory knowledge explain it please...

• I'm getting mine today. It would be interesting to see what kind of messages all of the shift actions trigger.

• @supadom said:
    I'm getting mine today. It would be interesting to see what kind of messages all of the shift actions trigger.

Where did you order it from. Not seeing availability until mid to late October state side. 🤨

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    I’m still confusing about how fixed chords work. It gets info about scale from somewhere? Arpeggiator setup? It only does transposition?

I’m guessing it’s another name for chord memory, some synths have this. You play the desired chord and then can trigger that from a single note. Maybe @supadom or @AmpifyxNovation can confirm this?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    I’m still confusing about how fixed chords work. It gets info about scale from somewhere? Arpeggiator setup? It only does transposition?

I’m guessing it’s another name for chord memory, some synths have this. You play the desired chord and then can trigger that from a single note. Maybe @supadom or @AmpifyxNovation can confirm this?

It's definitely triggering a chord from a single note in that vid, and it looks to be using the note played as the root.