Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AKAI FORCE?

Anyone get this?

Review?

Thinking about this versus the New Roland vs Octatrack...........

Still have not pulled trigger on loop box for my rig.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Seems unfinished and bit limited in memory terms... search for reviews to find if fits your workflow. Looping side isn't the most straightforward neither...

• @RUST( i )K Dean over at the Electronisounds Audio YouTube Channel has loads of Force tutorials

• I have the Akai Force as well
    what would you like to know?

• @MrSmileZ said:
    I have the Akai Force as well

diff length per pattern?
    diff time signature per patter?
    diff bpm per pattern or scene?
    save custom scales?

and when are they gonna make a small one close to the size of the Deluge? :#

• @MrSmileZ said:

@kobamoto said:

@MrSmileZ said:

diff length per pattern?
    diff time signature per patter?
    diff bpm per pattern or scene?
    save custom scales?

and when are they gonna make a small one close to the size of the Deluge? :#

This above and:

USB audio?

How many MIDI JACKS?

AUDIO IN OUT #?

• edited September 2019

diff length per pattern? Yes
    diff time signature per patter? Not yet, but supposed to be coming __
    diff bpm per pattern or scene? __No, clips all tie to the master bpm, but you can change that with two/three taps, knob, or direct entry...so workaround_j_
    save custom scales? __You can save custom progressions on MPC, so chances are it’s in the pipeline

and when are they gonna make a small one close to the size of the Deluge? :# know nothing about this

This above and:
    USB audio? Not yet, but has been stated it will act as a controller and an audio interface soon

How many MIDI JACKS? 3 Midi in out thru on 1/8” dins included

AUDIO IN OUT? __ 2 line level that are XLR with phantom power, 4 cv, and 4 audio out 1/4”__

• I will add it can be a controller through midi jacks at the moment

• thanks Mr.Smilez

• @kobamoto said:
    thanks

You are welcome.

• @MrSmileZ said:

diff length per pattern? Yes
    diff time signature per patter? Not yet, but supposed to be coming __
    diff bpm per pattern or scene? __No, clips all tie to the master bpm, but you can change that with two/three taps, knob, or direct entry...so workaround_j_
    save custom scales? __You can save custom progressions on MPC, so chances are it’s in the pipeline

and when are they gonna make a small one close to the size of the Deluge? :# know nothing about this

This above and:
    USB audio? Not yet, but has been stated it will act as a controller and an audio interface soon

How many MIDI JACKS? 3 Midi in out thru on 1/8” dins included

AUDIO IN OUT? __ 2 line level that are XLR with phantom power, 4 cv, and 4 audio out 1/4”__

Thank you

• You are welcome

• @RUST( i )K, Did you decide on a favorite for a hardware purchase to scratch that itch, yet?

Roland MC-707 Groovebox $1000 (16 buttons)
    Akai Force $1300 (64 Pads)
    Elektron Octatrack MKII $1400 (row of 16 step buttons)

• I’m totally GAS with the Force (now that’s some power nerd geek phrase!).
    I do a lot of audio recording and looping, currently Zenbeats. And I just read a very worrying comment about the audio RAM limitations in the akai Force.
    https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1775370

Apparently it can’t stream from disk and the amount of audio is limited by ram, which runs out early fast. This is a huge deal breaker!. Any comments?

• Here’s a very detailed and comprehensive article about how the MPC live/one and probably the Force treat audio in relation to the RAM limit.

Lab Test: How Much Usable Memory is there in the MPC Live & MPC X?

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/how-much-memory-mpc-live-mpc-x/

But now I’m even more confused...

...that the MPC Live, MPC One and MPC X can store around 53 minutes of stereo audio in memory, or 106 minutes of mono audio. Remember this assumes everything is at a 44.1kHz samplerate.

53 minutes of audio seems plenty. Why are people giving different reports about quickly running out of memory with a lot less audio?. Btw it doesn’t specify the Force but in the intro it says it should be applicable as the ram and specs are basically the same.

• Hi.
    I have a iconnectivity audio4+ paired with my akai force with last firmware 3.1 but i have audio artifacts 🙄🤨
    Anyone have the same setup and can help me?
    I tried lot of different setings with iconfig but i have the same issue

• @Hkor said:
    Hi.
    I have a iconnectivity audio4+ paired with my akai force with last firmware 3.1 but i have audio artifacts 🙄🤨
    Anyone have the same setup and can help me?
    I tried lot of different setings with iconfig but i have the same issue

Yep.. same here. Testing mpc live, iPad and Maschine+. The force is the only one that does not sync its audio rate. If I play with the iC4 settings I can get it to be stable for a few mins, but then it drifts and the artefacts creep in. What I would love to know is.. if using a adat to usb converter would this work instead?. I.e. a miniDSP usbStreamer (but this can only act as master), or multiple RME digiface usb units.

For now I’m using the x4 analog outs of the force. (Caveat I’ve only has the force a few days). I’m intending using it mainly as a clip launcher for chops (the mpc sampler in the force rocks) and a UI for Drambo (my fx mixer) and to play synths. The main first impression is that I’m finding the landscape shape of the keys difficult to play when in chromatic 4ths on the pads compared to the Launchpad. But maybe I will adapt.