Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cykle | advanced pattern sequencer now live

It’s been announced in the beta thread but it should have its own now that it is live. Link to website and there to AppStore
https://cp3.io/

Comments

• Going to grab now. Tak!

• Seems to be the best by UI and possibilities generative sequencer on ios.

• +1 > @frthcomingstorm said:

Seems to be the best by UI and possibilities generative sequencer on ios.

• A small manual and/or how to videos would help :)

• @kinkujin said:
    Going to grab now. Tak!

Velbekomme

@audiblevideo said:
    A small manual and/or how to videos would help :)

+1

• Looks good, but I’ve bought shedloads of apps lately so I’m waiting to hear what people think. If it’s good, I’ll grab it, but there’s not a lot of info out there about it just yet. Anyone tried it yet? If so, what do you think? Does it play nicely with other apps via auv3?

• I played the early iphone beta and could see the potential, it was very playable.
    I think perhaps it could do with an ipad demo video to sell it more, I've bought a lot recently too so holding off but might cave in by the end of the weekend :)

• @audio_DT It’s absolutely fantastic! Super easy to get a cool sequence going, and the many different lanes of sequencing allows for a lot of variety throughout the playing.

• If you click the image on the web site,. It's a video demo

• Agree would like to see a few more demo's, but might go for it

• This is a very good app. Very easy to use and powerful AU sequencer. A little bit like Xyntethizr

• tjatja
    edited September 2019

@tiantong, a direct link into the App Store would be the best, of course and as usual ;-)

• @tja said:
    A direct link into the App Store would be the best, of course and as usual ;-)

😆 good call!

• @bcrichards said:
    @audio_DT It’s absolutely fantastic! Super easy to get a cool sequence going, and the many different lanes of sequencing allows for a lot of variety throughout the playing.

Thanks. I think I’ll grab it in the morning, then. Can it be used in landscape mode?

• @audio_DT said:

@bcrichards said:
    @audio_DT It’s absolutely fantastic! Super easy to get a cool sequence going, and the many different lanes of sequencing allows for a lot of variety throughout the playing.

Thanks. I think I’ll grab it in the morning, then. Can it be used in landscape mode?

Ignore that - just saw that it does so landscape 😇

• @tja said:
    @tiantong, a direct link into the App Store would be the best, of course and as usual ;-)

Agreed, just that I don't know how.
    I thought you'd survive 2 clicks. If you have you could tell me how to post links to AppStore (on desktop and on mobile).

Thanks

• edited September 2019

I’ve spent about 20 mins with it and can spot the potential in this. Gonna be loads of fun.

• Can't make it make any noise because I'm an idiot, but still travel in hope :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Can't make it make any noise because I'm an idiot, but still travel in hope :)

Which host?

• @gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Which host?

I'm trying to use AUM. I added XOX as his video does, but I'm obviously far off the required map. Usual stuff... :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Which host?

I'm trying to use AUM. I added XOX as his video does, but I'm obviously far off the required map. Usual stuff... :)

Ah - you don't see the sound sources in his video. Just the midi channel. Hang on.

• @gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Which host?

Ah - you don't see the sound sources in his video. Just the midi channel. Hang on.

I have so many flaws, but I have learnt to be dangerously patient :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear that is one hell of an image. Literally.

Grab an AU synth and just midi route Cykle to it in AUM. I am using SquareSynth. No further mapping necessary at the moment. Just keep adding modulation lanes and have a play. I think the X0X in the developers video is just playing the drum track and not part of the Cykle equation.

• @tiantong said:
    It’s been announced in the beta thread but it should have its own now that it is live. Link to website and there to AppStore
    https://cp3.io/

Having a blast with this... is the ‘pattern’ feature only available in the standalone?

• @gusgranite said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear that is one hell of an image. Literally.

Grab an AU synth and just midi route Cykle to it in AUM. I am using SquareSynth. No further mapping necessary at the moment. Just keep adding modulation lanes and have a play. I think the X0X in the developers video is just playing the drum track and not part of the Cykle equation.

Thanks Gus, I'll give it a go. Just had a good Friday reminder that app connectivity is easy compared to the sight of the Kid and his friend down the lane with a car that won't start begging for my help. These boys need AB for Volvo :) A quick jump just about sorted them out, but am happy that those days (for me) are mostly gone and my technical issues are of a simpler, less urgent nature. Of course they'll have more fun losing their virginity tonight than I will, but then life is all about trade-offs :)...Thanks again.

• What a bucket of fun ... just had it running four lots of pure synth via AUM - strings, grand piano, brass and a jazz choir ... absolute hoot!
    Brilliant little critter. .. so simple yet wildly powerful. Been looking for something exactly like this for yonks. Truly an outstanding little app.

• edited September 2019

@cp3 Discovered a bug where the scale of AU is not state saving correctly. I made a session and saved it but when I re-opened it in AUM, the scale had reverted to the default of C Major.

• Can it sequence CCs independently of note on/off messages?

• Does anyone know how to delete a lane?

• @ElectroHead said:
    Can it sequence CCs independently of note on/off messages?

Yes, it can, which is brilliant! Different lengths and speed result in more variable results.