Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roli Light Pad Blocks custom controllers.

Might be of interest if you own a block.

https://swonic.com/dynamic-controls/

Comments

• Brilliant. I’ve already been using a pair of these for drum input, cc control and key switches based on the current profile available. Definitely want to try these new options.

• Cool. I need a few more blocks.

• One step closer to the roli keytar...

• That's cool... And after you set it up hopefully you can use it with iOS and maybe select which preset you wanna pull up

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    One step closer to the roli keytar...

That would be wild. Do you have a design in mind of how that would come together?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

That would be wild. Do you have a design in mind of how that would come together?

Here’s mine:

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Here’s mine:

That's fun. What happened to the keys in the Rockband controller?

• The drawback is you need a computer to run the software. It's not iOS based...

• I haven't bought a lightblock because to me it's expensive, small, and limited for what it is. For a little bit more I can get another iPad (2018) and use it as dedicated Lemur or AU midi controller.

• This looks great. I’m going to make a mixer/mute block for the OP-Z.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Might be of interest if you own a block.
    https://swonic.com/dynamic-controls/

Thanks so much for sharing my app :smile:
    Hope it's useful for you guys!

• edited March 2019

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    The drawback is you need a computer to run the software. It's not iOS based...

Actually you can use it on iOS too!

If you load an app in Dashboard and disconnect the Lightpad,
    the last app that was running get's saved on it!

What you have to do is:

• install ROLI Dashboard and my app
    • connect the Lightpad to your computer
    • load Dynamic Controls app on the Lightpad
    • customize your desired controls
    • disconnect the Lightpad from your computer
    • connect the Lightpad to your iOS device
    • use the controls you have created with your iOS apps
  • @SWONIC said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

What you have to do is:

Great... thanks!

• edited March 2019

@audiobussy said:

@SWONIC said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

What you have to do is:

Great... thanks!

You're welcome! :smile: let me know if you need any further help!
    And subscribe to my Twitter (twitter.com/swonicmusic)
    to keep track of any updates I release ;)

• @SWONIC thank you for developing on the blocks, I bought 5 of them with the idea of creating a digital led lit console for iPad and was waiting for some great software apps and updates i imagined would happen with them because of all the possibilities, which really never came. I used the mixer bank pack on one for BM 3 and did some drum pad mapping on another with note repeat assignments but eventually I felt dedicated lightfoot apps were needed so I've got them collecting dust now. I'm really glad to see someone diving into coding for this, and I hope it continues!

I did a BM 3 set up video a while back too

• edited March 2019

@T4H Thanks for the feedback :smile: makes me happy that my work is appreciated. Well yes, I got uhm a couple of BLOCKS now too and as you I expected (and still expect!) loads of cool stuff to be released for BLOCKS... I wanted to have something like my app from day one and after waiting for it got to boring I just started to code it myself ;)
    Oh and great setup guide btw!

• @SWONIC said:
    @T4H Thanks for the feedback :smile: makes me happy that my work is appreciated. Well yes, I got uhm a couple of BLOCKS now too and as you I expected (and still expect!) loads of cool stuff to be released for BLOCKS... I wanted to have something like my app from day one and after waiting for it got to boring I just started to code it myself ;)

Yes, I'm so glad you made it. It was a great boon to my for my lightpad usage.! Thanks so much for it.

• @SWONIC This is great. Would it be possible to change the MIDI channel of a button or fader? I made a mixer for the OP-Z, but each channel on the OP-Z requires a signal from separate MIDI channel.

• @gkillmaster said:

@SWONIC said:

Yes, I'm so glad you made it. It was a great boon to my for my lightpad usage.! Thanks so much for it.

Super!! 👏😎

• @mistercharlie said:
    @SWONIC This is great. Would it be possible to change the MIDI channel of a button or fader? I made a mixer for the OP-Z, but each channel on the OP-Z requires a signal from separate MIDI channel.

Hey! Well in theory this is possible, but due to memory limitations on the Lightpad I couldn't make this feature available yet. But I could maybe code this for you or everybody. If you want to cooperate just send me an email me and we can discuss how the mixer would have to look like! mail AT swonic DOT com

• @SWONIC said:

@mistercharlie said:
    @SWONIC This is great. Would it be possible to change the MIDI channel of a button or fader? I made a mixer for the OP-Z, but each channel on the OP-Z requires a signal from separate MIDI channel.

Hey! Well in theory this is possible, but due to memory limitations on the Lightpad I couldn't make this feature available yet. But I could maybe code this for you or everybody. If you want to cooperate just send me an email me and we can discuss how the mixer would have to look like! mail AT swonic DOT com

I’m definitely up for that!

• @SWONIC said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

What you have to do is:

Amazing!

• Hey! We're working on an update for Dynamic Controls and collecting feature requests. Individual MIDI channel for every control is already on the list. Anybody else having suggestions?

• How about toggling LED color based on state? So you could have a button set to mute, and it would turn red when you activate it.

• @mistercharlie said:
    How about toggling LED color based on state? So you could have a button set to mute, and it would turn red when you activate it.

Oh, so that would be configuring both colours of a switch the on and the off colour! ..already on the list ;-) let's see what features make it to the next version!

• Looking at the blocks at the moment but confused as to exactly how the mode recalls work.

Can this dynamic controller mode be selected from the loop or live block if you set them up that way in dashboard or does one block become “hardwired” to this mode ?

Will the mode selector work across connected blocks so a mode layout can be spread over as many blocks as you have connected ?

Thanks

• Hi @zeropoint

I'm not sure I get you right, but I will try to answer your questions:

You can load Dynamic Controls app/script the to a Lightpad in Dashboard. The modes you create within Dynamic Controls you can't switch via the mode button or any other hardware button. You can always only load one mode to one Lightpad at a time. However, if you have several Lightpads connected you may load different modes to all of them.

Hope this answers your questions?

• edited September 2019

@SWONIC any new apps for roli blocks on the horizon?

• @ipadbeatmaking still working on the update for Dynamic Controls! make sure to follow me on social media (twitter.com/swonicmusic) to get latest updates..

• Hi @SWONIC
    I'm waiting for the shipment of a Roli Lightpad Block bought at a great 50% discount due to the new Studio Edition release (but from my search it seems they are absolutely the same hardware, so with firmware upgrade I can have it) and I found this old thread.
    Sorry for the silly question, but what would be the benefit of using your Dynamic Controls instead of the Roli Dashboard ??? I was thinking that I could set up my Block just with it...isn't it?
    So doesn't Roli give us a software to let us customize Blocks?
    I do intend to use Block only for iOS Apps.

Thanks so much and best
    BTW...I have already downloaded your Dynamic Controls and ready to use it ;-)