Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• Woke up and live in UK, 😀 quick middle of the night beats !

• Just went live on the East Coast USA!!!

• Woohoo. Live in Cali🙏🏼👊🏼™️

• Well...so much for me getting to bed early tonight.😩😂

• Live in the American desert, and still at the pre-order price, so I snagged it 😁

• edited September 2019

First impressions after 5 mins of playing is it’s Pretty cool 😎!! Very nice looking. @ElliottGarage in a future update, is it possible to get the roll quantization menu to hold instead of dissapearing when u select one? For trap it’s fun to alternate between 1/8-1/32nd etc

• Multi-file import would be fantastic.

• Seeing all of @ElliottGarage dedication to this app just swayed me to purchase. Especially with sample slicing in the works. Holy crap, good stuff. I’m about to play with it now

• edited September 2019

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    First impressions after 5 mins of playing is it’s Pretty cool 😎!! Very nice looking. @ElliottGarage in a future update, is it possible to get the roll quantization menu to hold instead of dissapearing when u select one? For trap it’s fun to alternate between 1/8-1/32nd etc

And also @ElliottGarage please give us batch import of samples, if possible. It’d be nice to have sounds labeled 1-kick.wav 2–snare.wav automatically assign to the corresponding # pad. It would really make building sound kits nice and quick. Thanks for ur consideration

• edited September 2019

@ElliottGarage Hope you can add normalisation functionality and maybe a reverse option when editing individual samples. Early days I know.

Would be good if you could push out a quick video on how to create and save your own kits and banks if possible.

• What’s the deal with the play/stop. When you press stop it always plays to the end of the bar/pattern
    No way to kill everything at once?

Only 16 pads no banks?

...Overall,this is really nice so far on first run through!

• edited September 2019

This seems all well and good bit individual file import with no sound preview is a pain. I hope that can be improved. I guess maybe this was intended more for sample editing instead of huge drum sample/kit libraries

• @oat_phipps said:
    This seems all well and good bit individual file import with no sound preview is a pain. I hope that can be improved. I guess maybe this was intended more for sample editing instead of huge drum sample/kit libraries

Can't you preview in the Files app before you drag and drop? On iPad at least.

• Found the app already downloaded this morning both on my IPad and IPhone. I’ll have a breakfast and I’ll dive in before go to work (maybe also at work😜).

• I’m amazed.
    This app is freaking fabulous!

• @mistercharlie said:

@oat_phipps said:

You can drag and drop?! You know how?

• ALBALB
    edited September 2019

@oat_phipps said:

@mistercharlie said:

@oat_phipps said:

You can drag and drop?! You know how?

Use the slide over function on the iPad. I asked about this yesterday and @wim gave me a very quick answer: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207582

• edited September 2019

@ElliottGarage . Think you could add a mono mode for pads? For longer samples, a zoom on the waveform viewer could be useful. A one shot mode for envelope could also be useful for longer samples, or a start/stop time only mode for the envelope. Currently it’s a little fiddly if you want to drag the start time forward and backward.

These are tiny things, maybe just for my use case with chopping samples other than drums. Over all great app already.

• @bcrichards you can already pinch zoom with your finger on the sample waveform :)

• @ipadbeatmaking roll quantization will stay on :) just done
    I'm also thinking about batch import...should be fast
    @Jumpercollins today I'm gonna do a little video showing off the kit and presets load/save
    @ruggedsmooth you can change groove tapping on one of the 16 step buttons in the bottom of the screen
    @oat_phipps @mistercharlie you can preview file both in File app, than when importing from other factory kits

thanks everybody for the appreciation and remember to write a good review if you like the app...it's really important to help surviving little dev like me :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @bcrichards you can already pinch zoom with your finger on the sample waveform :)

No midi out for recording the midi to tracks? I've tried to do this in NS2 but not other hosts yet, mainly cos I now use NS2 almost exclusively.

• @ElliottGarage

Thanks for an AMAZING app!

So many good things in it that deserves praise :)

Here are a few "things I tripped on for first run":

• When zoomed into the grid it doesn't really make sense to have to set snap/quantization in order to add 1/64 or 1/32 notes. When I'm at a "finger-friendly" resolution I was expecting to just be able to edit the steps without changing snap
    • In automation, I don't see the need for "prob" and "read" buttons. I tried just editing the stuff - nothing happened. Had to resort to the manual to figure it out, which feels unnecessary as I'm not likely to end up on the automation page by mistake and thus unlikely to do unwanted edits there anyway.
    • The top "info panel" with BPM, snap etc just invites me to tap to set snap/groove/bpm. It took me a while to figure out that it was just output. Feels logical to use it for nav as well.
    • I like being able to reach snap/swing, /mixer/auto/fx etc with my thumb when holding the iPad. The "main" nav pads/grid/mixer/song is not reachable, so I have to use two hands. Minor thing, but could easily be fixed by flipping the rec/play buttons with the pads/grids etc buttons. I'm way more likely to switch between pads/grid than press rec anyway - so most used at top left would be my argument :smile:
  • @audio_DT you can send already MIDI out when tapping on the pad manually. I'm working to add MIDI out to sequencer too

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @audio_DT you can send already MIDI out when tapping on the pad manually. I'm working to add MIDI out to sequencer too

Good stuff - thanks.

• @Peblin great feedback!
    About automatically switched to 1/64 when zoomed in, I had thought about it...I'm just afraid that user may not understand the change, but maybe it's pretty clear
    I feel Read and Prob button useful for not-advanced users.
    You're right about the display...need to think what can be done.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @bcrichards you can already pinch zoom with your finger on the sample waveform :)

It’s late (or very early) here :) thanks.

• I found a bug in the AU, in Cubasis at least: if you go in settings/Ableton Link, then there’s no way to close the settings window.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.