Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Acoustic Guitar on iOS?

I’m looking for a great guitar sound!
Something to run in AUM and play with midi (with Gestrument).
Any ideas?
Thanks 👍

Comments

• The Classical Guitar in the Baroque soundpack in BeatHawk sounds really good.

There’s an example in this thread:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31742/one-for-rs2000-beathawk-classic-guitar

• SampleTank American Acoustic is probably the best. Lots of different articulations and combinations too. Beathawk has a couple of good guitars. The baroque pack has a classical one that @LinearLineman uses and the Spanish gypsy pack has an awesome nylon guitar. I’ve also heard good things about one of the packs in ROLI NOISE. Doesn’t gestrument also have an acoustic?

• @mjcouche said:
    SampleTank American Acoustic is probably the best. Lots of different articulations and combinations too. Beathawk has a couple of good guitars. The baroque pack has a classical one that @LinearLineman uses and the Spanish gypsy pack has an awesome nylon guitar. I’ve also heard good things about one of the packs in ROLI NOISE. Doesn’t gestrument also have an acoustic?

I agree about Sampletank. However, the issue lies in the fact that IAA is being deprecated, and Sampletank (as far as I know) hasn't gone AU yet. (I've given up hope of that ages ago, lol.) Gestrument is also IAA-only (which is why I haven't purchased it yet), but I assume you can export what you create and import it into other apps, correct? :)

Regarding AUs, I'd recommend against Roli Noise due to the fact not all of their packs you find in the stand-alone are available in the plugin. At least this was the case the last time I tried to play with it back in 2018 in Cubasis. Perhaps that's changed?

Beathawk's guitars are about the best guitars available in AU format. They also have a decent Guitar Loops pack as well as well as really great acoustic instrument packs in general. The packs are reasonably priced as well, although if you're able to wait, UVI often have 50% off sales on said packs.

• Thank you, I’ve dowloaded Beathawk and Sampletank and am trying them out!
    The guitar in Gestrument is ok but not quite good enough!

• edited September 2019

Puresynth Platinum has some nice guitars. It is AUv3. Check YouTube for the dev’s full run-through of presets

• @jwmmakerofmusic Don't quote me but I think Gestrument allows for midi out. The bigger issue is if you are using Gestrument, or any type of controller app for that matter (I use Guitarism a lot), if this functionality would go away with IAA deprecated/ abandoned. I know for example that iSymphonic uses two types of midi, I think it's core midi and IAA midi. You can select both, and that is the only one that ever worked for me when I was using it with Beatmaker 2. Now, I'm not worried about iSymphonic as it is AUv3. But I am thinking of other controllers etc and how they are implementing their midi, and more importantly, if that would be "deprecated" as well.

• This just came out on desktop, I with NI would port over some of there great instruments.

• @DrAds GuitarCapo+
    It’s an oldie but goodie as far as acoustic sound . I just had Autony triggering it and you can do individual notes or play whole chords sounds nice I believe there is a Lite version you can try also

GuitarCapo by TonApp AS ...free version you can test the sound but can’t use all the features

• edited September 2019

Give it a listen to at about time: 12:27

• Another demo of the guitars from another user:

• +1 Pure Platinum Nylon Dream!

• @LinearLineman said:
    +1 Pure Platinum Nylon Dream!

Ahh forgot about Nylon Dream! Sorry about that @GospelMusicians the guitars ARE very good in Pure Synth Platinum

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Regarding AUs, I'd recommend against Roli Noise due to the fact not all of their packs you find in the stand-alone are available in the plugin. At least this was the case the last time I tried to play with it back in 2018 in Cubasis. Perhaps that's changed?

No, sadly the SWAM packs still don't work in AU; it's a different engine to the Equator engine that the other packs use, and I think ROLI's licensing arrangement with Audio Modelling doesn't currently allow for AU. But for what it's worth, the SWAM packs just cover wind and strings; the guitars are other packs are Equator patches and will play in AU, though they're none of them straight acoustic patches. (But they are MPE, as are the acoustic guitars in ThumbJam and iFretless, but not the others that have been mentioned in this thread so far.)

• While I don't like Sampletank, as a guitar player have to say that American Acoustic sounds best on iOS so far - like Ravenscroft but as a guitar. I didn't find Puresynth all that convincing ... add Bassalicious acoustic basses to that and you can fake a band. :-)

• SoundFonts of several acoustic and electric guitars from HedSound are quite nice.

Moodunits has some nice IAP sampled guitar packs, not many clean tones though most have fx applied already