Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Scariest Music In The World..?

edited September 2019 in Other

STALAGGH is a Dutch-Belgian music project that has been performing since 2007.

Largely unnoticed by the musical mainstream the collective attracted attention with audio recordings of the cries of the mentally ill combined with "metal" music

Neither the exact number of members nor their identities are known, nor are there any live performances.

When asked what kind of girls they liked the band replied: " Humans should realize that their existence is futile. STALAGGH is not art nor therapy, and should not be seen as such. "

Reporters asked them what colour underwear they wore and the band replied: "The darkest and most menacing elements of extreme forms of music are mixed with the negative emotions of the mentally ill. An ordinary Black Metal singer can never convey pain, fear and hate as authentically and intensively as the cries of truly suffering. "

Asked if they preferred touring or recording best the band answered: " During the recording of the album Project Terror, an incident occurred in which one of the members was almost strangled by a patient. The choking sounds are heard on the record. "

Enjoy STALAGGH. A splendid time is not guaranteed for all.

Comments

• :D It's not nighttime listening, is it? Very discomforting, to say the least.

• Meh. Einstürzende Neubauten did it better and that was almost 40 years ago.

yawns in Jaded

• edited September 2019

Basil Kirchin - Special Relativity (1973)

• edited September 2019

Basil Kirchin - he did the music for "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" movie.

I always like Dr. Phibes' animatronic band.

• edited September 2019

John & Yoko - "While My Recording Engineer Gently Weeps" (1970).

• Based on their answers, they sound like pretentious and immature twats. The sort of twaddle, deliberately responding to the questions with unrelated answers in the same vein a naive bunch of pretentious art students would.

• It’s a lot easier to make decent unhappy music than decent happy music.

• Better refer to the master Scott should you need some pains

• This song gave my friend’s little sister nightmares.

• @mungbeans said:
    Based on their answers, they sound like pretentious and immature twats. The sort of twaddle, deliberately responding to the questions with unrelated answers in the same vein a naive bunch of pretentious art students would.

FAKE NEWS!!! Er, I have to put my hand up for that. The questions were mine (based on dumb questions pop bands used to get asked in the 1960s).

The answers were genuine though - comments by the band about their music.

• @Simon said:

Lmao

• Anything by Penderecki:

• Needs more cow-bell...

• edited September 2019

tbh, none of the music posted here comes close to the sort of terror I experience when I'm confronted with contemporary top 40.

Happy to see Basil Kirchin and the Shaggs pop up here! _ <3 _

• @Seangarland said:
    Anything by Penderecki:

I love john lennon but oohhh🙀🙀what is thi🙀🙀?

• @Multicellular said:

@Simon said:

Lmao

I love john lennonbut ooohhh🙀🙀,what is this🙀🙀?

• The following piece is from a Dutch musician called Spinvis. He had an album where he used poems from Simon Vinkenoog, I find it pretty scary myself. I’m also a fan of the old “tape” music like the works from the BBC Radiophonic workshop. But also let’s not forget the Philips Natlab (with Dick Raaijmakers a.k.a. Kid Baltan and Tom Dissevelt). The sounds and compositions they and the radiophonic workshop have created, gives me a special feeling. Timeless, futuristic and small (but not in a negative way)

• Anyone who's watched the second series of 'Mindhunter' on Netflix...

Those scenes with the kid (Brian Tench) have some real spine-chilling music and sound effects.

Possibly the most memorable part of the whole series, tbh.

• @mungbeans said:
    Based on their answers, they sound like pretentious and immature twats. The sort of twaddle, deliberately responding to the questions with unrelated answers in the same vein a naive bunch of pretentious art students would.

Agreed.

• @audio_DT said:

@mungbeans said:

Agreed.

Interesting that people are concerned about the quality of their interview answers and not so much about them using real, live mentally ill people for their tracks.

• @Simon said:

@audio_DT said:

@mungbeans said:

Agreed.

Interesting that people are concerned about the quality of their interview answers and not so much about them using real, live mentally ill people for their tracks.

Did they do that? I must have got far enough to see that. That’s truly awful.

• edited September 2019

Delia Derbyshire / Barry Bermange - Inventions For Radio No 1 - The Dreams (1964)

• edited September 2019

Klaus Schulze - Voices Of Syn (1974)

• The Residents - Eskimo (1979)

• @palms said:
    tbh, none of the music posted here comes close to the sort of terror I experience when I'm confronted with contemporary top 40.

<3 _

This

• Then of course there is that bastard Aphex Twin track somewhere in the middle of Drukqs with the woman screaming like she’s being murdered. That one threw me for a loop in the middle of an acid trip omgggg