Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modley....pre / post / loop

So I can't really hear the difference in using an effect in any of these slots... Tried to watch the YouTube content but really no deep explainaton was found..

If I put a filter in pre , post or loop it still sounds like a filter to me....

Can anyone tell if there is a difference or is it just named that way to model some thing or to give you more slots and a different feel for organizing things

Comments

• The difference is when the effect gets applied to the signal going through the Looper.

Pre applies it before you enter the Looper.
    Loop applies to the Looper repeats, within the loop.
    Post applies it after the signal leaves the Looper.

Filter may be hard to hear the difference.
    If you use a delay or pitch shift, it becomes easier to hear.
    Pre and post always seem to sound similar, but it really depends on the what you have setup.

Pre applies the effect once as the signal enters the loop.
    Loop applies it to each loop, building up the effect on each repeat.
    Post applies the effect once to the signal and all of the Looper repeats.

Pre effects affect everything.
    Loop effects affect everything, and get added to any Pre effects, but build up as they are applied every loop cycle.
    Post effects affect everything, but are not in the Loop path at all, so are not part of the Loop stage with the effect build up.

One thing that makes it all a bit more confusing is the fact that the dry signal gets through by default. If you turn the mix knob to full wet, you can hear the effects in isolation, and it helps to figure out what is going on.

Hope this helps.

• @reasOne said:
    So I can't really hear the difference in using an effect in any of these slots... Tried to watch the YouTube content but really no deep explainaton was found..

If I put a filter in pre , post or loop it still sounds like a filter to me....

Can anyone tell if there is a difference or is it just named that way to model some thing or to give you more slots and a different feel for organizing things

Whether there will be a big difference depends a ton on what the overall patch is like. For example, if you have a pre-loop filter and your delay dies out fairly quickly you might not notice a difference.

If you set up a filter that takes out some frequencies that are in your content or boosts them and you have a delay that feeds back on itself so that it keeps going you should hear a big difference.

If it is pre or post loop, the character of the looping audio won't change. If it is in the loop, then each iteration of the loop will have change (with either ever decreasing amounts of a cut frequency or ever-increasing amounts of a boosted frequency).

• The easiest way to hear a definite difference is to put a Phaser in each position, and crank it up so it is clearly heard.
    Then, with all the Phasers off, turn them on, listening to just one at a time.
    The effect of the position in the signal chain should become more apparent.

• @CracklePot @espiegel123
    Thanks dudes!
    I see what you're saying now, much appreciated the Intel, ima do some more experimental stuff with modley this weekend and dig into the application of the 3 parts! It is a great effect and seems like it could be better then my so far findings