Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Crazy, that was my jam back in the 90s. I'm surprised its still around.

• ooh! thanks for the tipoff... this might be a nice little ‘missing link’ i remember it being quite kranky but very very useful in the pre Cool Edit days..
    looking forward to it

• Eager to see it in action, but how could this be an improvement on TwistedWave? I think the only thing valuable would be tight AudioShare integration. If that were there, we could forgive the 90s GUI!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Eager to see it in action, but how could this be an improvement on TwistedWave? I think the only thing valuable would be tight AudioShare integration. If that were there, we could forgive the 90s GUI!

depends how much of it is ported.. Batch processing for one, also the very weird ‘expressions effects’ where you can write yr own distorty algorithms.. a bit like Byte Beat but as an effect.. text to speech..
    er... there was allsorts of creative cutnpaste weirdness in there.. hopefully its not a Goldwave ‘lite’ being ported..

• It would be nice to have an editor that is able to load and preview/process external effects. Years ago I used Wavelab on PC that could do this, would be nice to be able to do it on iOS.

• Fisher Price Deluxe!
    The UI hurts my eyes, sorry...

• @RockySmalls said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Eager to see it in action, but how could this be an improvement on TwistedWave? I think the only thing valuable would be tight AudioShare integration. If that were there, we could forgive the 90s GUI!

depends how much of it is ported.. Batch processing for one, also the very weird ‘expressions effects’ where you can write yr own distorty algorithms.. a bit like Byte Beat but as an effect.. text to speech..
    er... there was allsorts of creative cutnpaste weirdness in there.. hopefully its not a Goldwave ‘lite’ being ported..

Am I the only one who read that as c**tpaste at first? :lol:

I hope the full Goldwave Editor will be ported. I love the idea of creating all those bizarre effects and incorporating those into my more experimental works.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@RockySmalls said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thats not a bad idea actually.

• @AudioGus said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@RockySmalls said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thats not a bad idea actually.

once you get it on you... you’ll never wipe it clean!!!! bwahahhahhahhaaaar

• Vintage GUI! :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@RockySmalls said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I hope the full Goldwave Editor will be ported. I love the idea of creating all those bizarre effects and incorporating those into my more experimental works.

😂🤣😂

• edited September 2019

@brambos said:
    Vintage GUI! :)

Ha well... the same argument for not getting into this tool back then still applies..... I don't mind a vintage GUI but this one just doesn't do it for me.... it hurts ;-/

• edited September 2019

A wave editor that first gets the basic editing functions right would be very welcome:
    A snapping grid, different time scales (secs/milliseconds, bars/beats, samples), direct sample value editing, adjustable fades and crossfades including a loop editor, etc...
    Basically more or less what the free Ocenaudio for Mac/Win does plus a few tricks.

• @rs2000 said:
    A wave editor that first gets the basic editing functions right would be very welcome:
    A snapping grid, different time scales (secs/milliseconds, bars/beats, samples), direct sample value editing, adjustable fades and crossfades including a loop editor, etc...
    Basically more or less what the free Ocenaudio for Mac/Win does plus a few tricks.

Yah, why not throw in multiple tracks, a mixer, AUfx support etc while we are at it... daggummit, that’d be a place to mix my stems!

• @brambos said:

Time for the Return of..............
    !!!!!!!!HAMMERHEAD!!!!!!!

• @NoiseHorse said:

@brambos said:

YEAH !!

• @dendy said:

@NoiseHorse said:

@brambos said:

YEAH !!

It really kicks the sharks ass!

• Scroll down the FB link, there’s a link to TestFlight to beta test the app...

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Scroll down the FB link, there’s a link to TestFlight to beta test the app...

gahhhh! i don’t do facebook... could you pm the link to me or point out an alternate way in. pretty please.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Scroll down the FB link, there’s a link to TestFlight to beta test the app...

gahhhh! i don’t do facebook... could you pm the link to me or point out an alternate way in. pretty please.

nope... don’t worry.. it doesn’t seem to be a sign in facebook .. so all good.. many thanks for the heads up..

• Don’t seem to be able to ‘open in’ from the files app

• @gregsmith said:
    Don’t seem to be able to ‘open in’ from the files app

No think it needs better connectivity in and out

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Does it have an option for BPM based ruler and snap? If it does then def worth considering from my perspective. That's the only thing severely hampering Twisted Wave for me.

• @wim said:
    Does it have an option for BPM based ruler and snap? If it does then def worth considering from my perspective. That's the only thing severely hampering Twisted Wave for me.

I didn’t find anything but time based ruler and snap

• @Littlewoodg said:

@wim said:

I didn’t find anything but time based ruler and snap

Thanks for checking.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@gregsmith said:

How do you get any files into it? It’s found one random song on my Apple Music, that’s it 🤷‍♂️

• @gregsmith said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@gregsmith said:

How do you get any files into it? It’s found one random song on my Apple Music, that’s it 🤷‍♂️

That’s going to be the make-or-break point. One can load and save to and from Dropbox but there’s no files.app integration and no ‘open in’. I’ve written them about it but as it is right now it’s unusable for me. 90s color scheme notwithstanding.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@gregsmith said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@gregsmith said:

That’s going to be the make-or-break point. One can load and save to and from Dropbox but there’s no files.app integration and no ‘open in’. I’ve written them about it but as it is right now it’s unusable for me. 90s color scheme notwithstanding.

I'm not even able to get connectivity to DropBox. At the "Dropbox API Request Authorization - Sign In" I correctly enter my credentials. I click Sign in and get the Captcha. I follow Captcha instructions and they're accepted. Then I see a "Before you connect this app..." panel and click Continue. I see a "Goldwave would like access etc" and click Allow.

The result is an attempt to access URL: 127.0.0.1 with a false message "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server". That's where it ends.

Using iTunes is out of the question because of having to go to the computer to do it (and the awful interface), so without Dropbox working I haven't been able to get audio into it yet for further testing.

• Not a good experience here either. Any music app that points me to iTunes doesn’t work for me.