Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aum external midi clock

With the AUM forums not available anymore
This seems the only place to ask AUM related questions..

How can i set up aum to synchronise/slave to the masterclock of my Montage keyboard?

Comments

• I don’t think AUM does Midi slave sync, just Link.
    You could probably use the app MidiLinkSync to follow the external Midi clock, and then generate Link data for AUM to follow.
    But that is just timing, I think. It doesn’t follow start/stop transport info from what I can tell.
    It is not perfect, but at least it is possible. I haven’t used this method with external Midi gear, but I can use it with Cubasis (which doesn’t slave either) to control tempo in AUM and Audiobus using Link. Cubasis is the master midi clock in MidiLinkSync and the Link enabled apps just follow along

• I came around this problem by manually keeping sure that tempo matches and assigning start/pause buttons to start button and revind to stop button on my beatstep pro. I just need to keep in mind to first push play on BSP before pushing stop or aum will just get rewinded from stop button, but doesent stop play..

• @CracklePot said:
    I don’t think AUM does Midi slave sync, just Link.
    You could probably use the app MidiLinkSync to follow the external Midi clock, and then generate Link data for AUM to follow.
    But that is just timing, I think. It doesn’t follow start/stop transport info from what I can tell.
    It is not perfect, but at least it is possible. I haven’t used this method with external Midi gear, but I can use it with Cubasis (which doesn’t slave either) to control tempo in AUM and Audiobus using Link. Cubasis is the master midi clock in MidiLinkSync and the Link enabled apps just follow along

Thanks works great for me...

Thats the great thing with the ipad musician... there is allways a workaround or solution available

But then, for convienence sake, its also a bad thing... as a late adaptor i spend more time figuring things out then actually making music...

• For me, the better "workaround" was switching to apeMatrix, the main reason was MIDI Clock support from external gear.

@Bachus said:
    Thats the great thing with the ipad musician... there is allways a workaround or solution available
    But then, for convienence sake, its also a bad thing... as a late adaptor i spend more time figuring things out then actually making music...

As an early adopter, I would say it's worth spending the time because sooner or later you will find the workflow that fits your personal taste best.
    If there is one experience I'd like to share then it would be that I find it essential to draw the line where to use the iPad, where to use synths and FX hardware, and where to use the desktop or laptop with Windows/MacOS/Linux/BSD etc.
    You can do almost everything on the iPad, but that doesn't mean it's the most straightforward or intuitive way of doing it, especially when it comes to composition and live performance.

• @CracklePot said:
    I don’t think AUM does Midi slave sync, just Link.

yup, that's the method I've used for a while.

the main problem I run into is that anything that is being clocked in AUM via MidiLinkSync has little hiccups while running. And when I hit the play button on my sequencer, the clock goes haywire for a second or two before settling in place, so delays and arps go crazy. Sort of rules live use out of the question..
    I love AUM, but for my external hardware setup, I think I'm going to make the jump to ApeMatrix as it seems a more practical solution.

• Will AUM implement external clock in the future ? I tried the midilink solution but I have too many hiccups.
    For me it's unusable. Apematrix is still the only alternative ?

• edited September 2019

Just use Audiobus as clock slave it will sync link on midi clock for AUM :smile:

Go in AB sync settings:

• Thanks! I will try later....I hope it will sync better than midi link sync because it warps around like crazy every like 8 bars