Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Nice ! Built-in arp will be useful for sure :)

• Good overview:

• Now with pitch and mod and Midi out? Ok I'm listening.

• Looks great, especially that arpeggiator. €109 is a very nice price!!

• Thats a great little thing!

• Tiny clacky keys?

• Very nice, unfortunately i’ve Bought the mk2 two weeks ago. Think about return it to Amazon😂😂😂

• Niiiiiice... I will love to see a LaunchControl Simple and XL mk3 or even a 49keys mk3...

@AmpifyxNovation tell us more...

• I wonder if this controller integrates more closely to Blocwave and Groovebox on the midi front.

• edited September 2019

Tasty. I’ll defo want to check it out when it finally lands in my local pmt store. Just want to make sure it will fit into my suitcase.

• @supadom said:
    Tasty. I’ll defo want to check it out when it finally lands in my local pmt store. Just want to make sure it will fit into my suitcase.

Thats pretty cute! I think it make a nice alternative to the akai.

• @supadom said:

@supadom If you checkout PMT online a few hours ago they had them in Stock in the UK. Amazon UK a 2 month waiting list !

• edited September 2019

Although it does need to be powered. Cck

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Although it does need to be powered. Cck

Yes, same like mpk mini. But when connected via the 5pin midi out it could possibly be powered via usb using the power bank. One of the videos I’ve watched mentions power adapter not being included but I cannot see any power socket on the unit so it must have been an error. I have 2x 20000mah power banks under the Korg nanokontrol which should be enough juice to have everything running. It already does run as is but I sometimes get the low power message when iPads battery gets around 50%. In fact, strangely when I use the cck 3 the low power message comes on every time.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@supadom said:

@supadom If you checkout PMT online a few hours ago they had them in Stock in the UK. Amazon UK a 2 month waiting list !

Yes, I’ve seen that. It says 5 days or something. That might be the ticket but would be good to know the dimensions before buying. Off to mr Google. Cheers.

• Cool. 330mm across so should fit. @Jumpercollins The PMT website also mentions the power adapter. No idea what they’re talking about.

• edited September 2019

@supadom said:
    Cool. 330mm across so should fit. @Jumpercollins The PMT website also mentions the power adapter. No idea what they’re talking about.

Maybe they mean no usb cable included? 🤔

• edited September 2019

@supadom said:
    Cool. 330mm across so should fit. @Jumpercollins The PMT website also mentions the power adapter. No idea what they’re talking about.

@supadom PMT do next day delivery You need to power this by all accounts, a iPad won’t power it without power in itself. ie a CCK 3 or a powerpack.

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

@supadom said:

@supadom PMT do next day delivery You need to power this by all accounts, a iPad won’t power it without power in itself. ie a CCK 3 or a powerpack.

Claro, what I’m saying is that in my scenario I will use it via the 5pin midi (via dongle) and power it using a power bank via the printer port. I will this way loose the ability to receive the midi clock for the arp.

Well, will see when it comes in. They say on the website 5 days so likely they don’t have it in stock for next day delivery. Of course I’m hoping you’re right but I’d be surprised. ;)

• @[Deleted User] said:

@supadom said:

That would be very strange.

• I’m seriously struggling to understand what this means

• I see the Groovebox app just been updated to support this new controller.

• I see they finally added a Red Box in Ableton... But there's no Session Overview (move 8 tracks, scenes) right??

• ^Which is good.

With Groovebox/Launchkey integration, I find it odd that Groovebox addons do not appear as part of the Launchkey included software package, where you rather find stuff like Klevgrand DAW Cassette. Shouldn't Novation and Ampify be best friends?

• edited September 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@supadom said:

No separate PSU supplied, you need to power it through the USB port, either from a powered hub or powered CCK, or if you do not need USB comms then you can just connect a power bank or charger to the USB is my understanding.

They probably have to say no PSU included because of the stand alone mode requiring the addition power supply.

• @supadom said:
    I’m seriously struggling to understand what this means

haha, looks like they will dispatch in up to 5 days, and then when dispatched it will be next day..so up to 6 days ?

• Looks pretty damn good, especially with that MIDI Out.

• Just got a word from PMT. Apparently they are getting the first batch end of next week. I can see units available in one or two stores but I expect they will probably be some demo units if any at all.

• edited September 2019

It’s available for pre order at Amazon
    I’m hoping the delivery estimate is not accurate.
    Amazon doesn’t charge til it’s shipped so I bought it until something better comes along.

• @Steaders said:
    It’s available for pre order at Amazon
    I’m hoping the delivery estimate is not accurate.
    Amazon doesn’t charge til it’s shipped so I bought it until something better comes along.

Long wait for that one then.