Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sell me on Synclavier

The sounds in Synclaver pocket sound thin, and I just can’t bring myself to spend 30 bucks.

Anyone really using it?

Comments

• There are two ways of looking at it.

Either it's $250k of hardware for $30, or it's a long past its prime company flogging the last few bucks from their IP.

I'd spend your money on developers who are actually developing.

• @pauly said:
    There are two ways of looking at it.

Either it's $250k of hardware for $30, or it's a long past its prime company flogging the last few bucks from their IP.

I'd spend your money on developers who are actually developing.

I guess the $500 knob didn’t pan out enough for them

• Wait for a sale.
    I agree it sounds thin, but I just figured it was supposed to.
    It has that wispy digital sound, kind of like Phosphor 2, which I have grown to like.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    The sounds in Synclaver pocket sound thin, and I just can’t bring myself to spend 30 bucks.

If you don't like FM sounds in general then Synclavier might not be for you.

Anyone really using it?

Rarely, I admit. Played with it a few times but never used it in a song.
    Not because it sounds bad, only because I have enough other synths covering my needs, including a wavetable synth with Synclavier-style FM wavetables.