Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Toneboosters Barricade

Comments

• Sweet! Thank you for the link.

I need a iTunes card now !

• Just awesome!!!

• Yes! And 💸💥

• Most impulsive buy for an app ever and no regrets. This thing is magic

• One of the ones I've been waiting for, finally. :D

• Ok. Who will do the A/B test with FabFilter Pro-L?

• edited September 2019

Great..

• edited September 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Ok. Who will do the A/B test with FabFilter Pro-L?

Here's your A/B test:

Option A: $6.99
    Option B: $39.99

Grin :-)

• edited September 2019

I never use limiters, I’m guessing this is an excellent one based on the other apps. Hoping the tape emulation one isn’t far away!

• @DavidM said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Ok. Who will do the A/B test with FabFilter Pro-L?

Here's your A/B test:

Option A: $6.99
    Option B: $39.99

Grin :-)

Haha, good point.

• edited September 2019

...and so the core Toneboosters iOS trinity is finally complete:

• EQ, Reverb & Compressor.

Except all 3 also have alter-egos...

• Multi-band, Shimmer & Limiter

6 awesome plugins for less cash than one of the FabFilters! Take that, FF!!

• @tk32 said:
    ...and so the core Toneboosters iOS trinity is finally complete:

• EQ, Reverb & Compressor.

Except all 3 also have alter-egos...

• Multi-band, Shimmer & Limiter

6 awesome plugins for less cash than one of the FabFilters! Take that, FF!!

RealBus 4 still to come.. Then hopefully, we get the desktop version as a pack..

• Very nice this one has a lot of sculpting options. We getting into Isotope territory now.

• This was the quickest I’ve ever bought an app!

• Now this is the app I've been waiting for.

I used to use the desktop version all the time before I went full on iOS.

Perfect.

• I'm going to get it anyway, since it's only £6.99, but can it do LUFS metering? Because that's really an essential feature for a limiter in 2019, and so far only FabFilter Pro L2 gets this right on iOS (with LUFS metering averaged for the whole track, rather than just momentary readings).

• I would not need another limiter / compressor but I decided to buy it the same, to support Toneboosters price policy, which provides us with excellent apps that have nothing to envy to others sold at a price three or four times higher and that are dangerously raising the price bar on ios.

• @richardyot said:
    I'm going to get it anyway, since it's only £6.99, but can it do LUFS metering? Because that's really an essential feature for a limiter in 2019, and so far only FabFilter Pro L2 gets this right on iOS (with LUFS metering averaged for the whole track, rather than just momentary readings).

@richardyot

I think it does 😀

• I hope they port their DeEsser to iOS too.

• Wow this is superior

• @Jumpercollins said:

@richardyot said:
    I'm going to get it anyway, since it's only £6.99, but can it do LUFS metering? Because that's really an essential feature for a limiter in 2019, and so far only FabFilter Pro L2 gets this right on iOS (with LUFS metering averaged for the whole track, rather than just momentary readings).

@richardyot

I think it does 😀

This LUFS metering sounds important? I’ve been using Maxima which sounds fine to me, but I have no experience in this area otherwise. Does Baricade offer an advantage with this?
    Uh oh we might need to have a limiter shootout.

• edited September 2019

This is quite a good place to get started learning about LUFS/LKFS (which are different names for the same thing)

Why is this stuff important to know?
    It helps you reach optimum volume on different platforms --SoundCloud, Spotify, YouTube, etc-- without your music being hit with a loudness penalty (which lowers the overall volume)

• The best place to learn about loudness and the effect on streaming platforms is The Mastering Show podcast. They go into a lot of detail but it's well worth it!

• @audiorangutan said:
    This LUFS metering sounds important? I’ve been using Maxima which sounds fine to me, but I have no experience in this area otherwise. Does Baricade offer an advantage with this?

I did a short tutorial on LUFS metering using FabFilter Pro-L2 in Auria, it should apply to any limiter that supports this kind of metering (and also explains why it's important):

• And yes, it seems that Barricade does support this, with integrated (averaged over the whole track) LKFS metering. This is really great news, and puts it on a par with the FabFilter.

• This may be an ignorant question, but how does this Compressor/Limiter sound compared to Barkfilter? I’ve used Fab L2 for a while now but honestly I like how my levels are and the overall sound with Bark more than L2.

• I hope TB Reelbus is next

• @richardyot said:

@audiorangutan said:

I did a short tutorial on LUFS metering using FabFilter Pro-L2 in Auria, it should apply to any limiter that supports this kind of metering (and also explains why it's important):

Thanks may have to watch this a few more times... Do you have any music that you have mastered, so we can get a sample of your ‘finished product’?
    Thanks..

• @RajahP said:

@richardyot said:

@audiorangutan said:

Thanks may have to watch this a few more times... Do you have any music that you have mastered, so we can get a sample of your ‘finished product’?
    Thanks..

Sure, I've done a ton of tracks, most of which are mastered along these principles (leaving lots of dynamic range and aiming for -14 LUFS):

• @richardyot said:

@RajahP said:

@richardyot said:

@audiorangutan said:

Thanks..

Sure, I've done a ton of tracks, most of which are mastered along these principles (leaving lots of dynamic range and aiming for -14 LUFS):

Nice.. will take a listen to these in the ultimate testing ground (in the car) later..