Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did StageLight just die, by hand of Roland?

I saw this disturbing video:

And that the forums are already closed...

Comments

• edited September 2019

@tja
    I was not much a Stage light user but that’s not cool if they have just suddenly abandoned it

• I didn’t watch the whole thing but... isn’t this just a reincarnation? Same devs, same app, new name?

If you have $ invested, it can be transferred to Roland’s app. What is the problem with that?

• @Hmtx said:
    I didn’t watch the whole thing but... isn’t this just a reincarnation? Same devs, same app, new name?

If you have $ invested, it can be transferred to Roland’s app. What is the problem with that?

@Hmtx nothings a problem when you get the info.

• That should be an absolute first here: a new iOS DAW announced as bad news.

• Don’t be scared
    Everything is going to be a OK

• Kinda like Alchemy....?
    I guess a developer’s gotta eat.

• Well, it's not exactly new.
    It's sad that Roland, who were such pioneers of electronic music hardware, are unable to design their own software.

• @pauly said:
    Well, it's not exactly new.
    It's sad that Roland, who were such pioneers of electronic music hardware, are unable to design their own software.

Sometimes it’s more cost effective for companies to acquire rather than develop. It’s probably a win for both parties. Actually, all three. The Stagelight developers, Roland, and the Stagelight (now Roland) customers.

I don’t see the negative here.

• @wim said:

@pauly said:
    Well, it's not exactly new.

Sometimes it’s more cost effective for companies to acquire rather than develop. It’s probably a win for both parties. Actually, all three. The Stagelight developers, Roland, and the Stagelight (now Roland) customers.

I don’t see the negative here.

Exactly right.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@NoiseHorse said:
    Kinda like Alchemy....?

Nothing like Alchemy. It hasn’t been pared down and has every appearance of having more impetus behind it going forward.

fwiw, I’ve just gone through the free process of converting from Stagelight to Zenbeats. No purchases, songs, samples, or features lost, and plenty of improvements to the app.

• It will be interesting to see how Roland directs or changes the app, so far it appears to be a direct port, just under new management. So yeah, a win-win-win is what it looks like for now, but the unknown is how the Stagelight team do with a new boss and how well Roland will do in mobile market, could actually be great for everyone... or not.

For now I’m optimistic :)

• @tja, IMO you should update the title of the thread. You jumped to an unwarranted conclusion.

• This one is all good.. Look.. Ableton Link, Start and Stop.. 😍

• @wim said:

@NoiseHorse said:
    Kinda like Alchemy....?

Nothing like Alchemy. It hasn’t been pared down and has every appearance of having more impetus behind it going forward.

fwiw, I’ve just gone through the free process of converting from Stagelight to Zenbeats. No purchases, songs, samples, or features lost, and plenty of improvements to the app.

Whew!

• Note the fine print states that in-app credits will not transfer, you need to spend it by the end of this year, and the following expansions will not transfer either:

** Timbaland Loops, Linkin Park Loops vol 1, Linkin Park Loops vol 2, Linkin Park instruments, Timbaland Drums, Linkin Park Drums 1, Linkin Park drums 2, Linkin Park instruments, Synthetic Vol 2, Ambient Soundscapes 1, Ambient Soundscapes 2, The Follower, Smiling Psychopath, Meltdown, Bengal Delta, Brooders, Classic Beats, Thin Ice, Heroes, Goodbye, Bled Dry, Zero Gravity, Clown Hunt, Guru, Future Funk Loops, Dubstep Drums, House Drums, 5 Speed, Duelin, Neon Flight, Fearless, Alien Technology, World Percussion, Organs Vol 1, Neon Keys 1, Neon Keys 2, Lightwave, Vintage FM, Vox tools, Future Funk Drums, Future FM

• @oddSTAR said:
    Note the fine print states that in-app credits will not transfer, you need to spend it by the end of this year, and the following expansions will not transfer either:

** Timbaland Loops, Linkin Park Loops vol 1, Linkin Park Loops vol 2, Linkin Park instruments, Timbaland Drums, Linkin Park Drums 1, Linkin Park drums 2, Linkin Park instruments, Synthetic Vol 2, Ambient Soundscapes 1, Ambient Soundscapes 2, The Follower, Smiling Psychopath, Meltdown, Bengal Delta, Brooders, Classic Beats, Thin Ice, Heroes, Goodbye, Bled Dry, Zero Gravity, Clown Hunt, Guru, Future Funk Loops, Dubstep Drums, House Drums, 5 Speed, Duelin, Neon Flight, Fearless, Alien Technology, World Percussion, Organs Vol 1, Neon Keys 1, Neon Keys 2, Lightwave, Vintage FM, Vox tools, Future Funk Drums, Future FM

Yeh, if you have any credits you have to buy them in Stagelight, then transfer them - and of course avoid the ones that won’t transfer.

• Let’s hope roland supports this well

• So, is the app ..

• better
    • worse
    • the same

...under Roland?

• @Hmtx said:
    I didn’t watch the whole thing but... isn’t this just a reincarnation? Same devs, same app, new name?

Exactly . I tried it .. It works. The whole store pass unlock thing .

• But yeah, the Timberland loops etc. not transferring. That’s not cool

• @Simon said:
    So, is the app ..

• better
    • worse
    • the same

...under Roland?

Marginally better.

• @wim said:
    @tja, IMO you should update the title of the thread. You jumped to an unwarranted conclusion.

Yes

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@Simon said:
    So, is the app ..

• better
    • worse
    • the same

...under Roland?

The new app looks like what I would have expected for the next Stagelight release. So, better, but not because it’s owned by Roland now. Time will tell on that one, but I suspect better, just because there’s more support footprint with a larger larger company behind it.

• I’m a bit pessimistic each time a big company produce an app, the app ends as a sample shop!!
    that means no more new features, only new samples to buy at each updates. ex : propellerheads (ampify), novation launchpad, Native Instruments iMaschine, Akai IMPC, ....

Hope i’m wrong

• edited September 2019

Hey, at least Roland legitimately bought the software they wanted, instead of blatantly, shamelessly copying it, like Propellerhead apparently did to Ampify Groovebox (see Reason Compact). My opinion of Roland has improved a little today.

• Is true. With Roland our beloved Stagelight, now Zenbeats, could only improve. Nice for the development team.

• The addition of link is great. Now I can fire up blocs wave in sync and audition some some ideas I’d not think of adding myself. When I get a scene of loops which fit, then just save to file and import into Zenbeats. Nice easy workflow

• I am not so excited about the Roland buyout to be honest. Hopefully they will not keep Zenbeats as a soundpack-promotion-fun2play-toy app

• @Telstar5 said:
    But yeah, the Timberland loops etc. not transferring. That’s not cool

I'm sure they would have transferred everything if possible and this is a license limitation. Maybe some/all of the non-transferrable packs will show up in the future, pending renegotiation.