Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Only allowed 1 AU Fx app...which one?

Gotta say DISCHORD from Audio Damage.

It is universal for starters.

And for me it covers the filter, distortion, delay, and reverb I need for the most part for my darker style or music.

What about you?

Comments

• Ifx would be it right now since I’m mainly a guitar player and it has a lot of useful effects for other things as well

• It's gotta be Turnado for me

• @Oblique said:
    It's gotta be Turnado for me

+1

• edited September 2019

@RUST( i )K said:
    Gotta say DISCHORD from Audio Damage.

It is universal for starters.

And for me it covers the filter, distortion, delay, and reverb I need for the most part for my darker style or music.

What about you?

Same, I use that one on pretty much every project I do. Recently been taking advantage of its pitch shifting capabilities too - absolutely brilliant app.

• Modley. Extreme to subtle, and anything in any order.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Hate the question. :D

But I think I’d have to give it to Virsyn AudioEffX. A whole pocket load of bread and butter FX in a convenient package. I end up reaching for it when I don’t exactly know what a track needs, because experimenting is so easy with everything in one screen. It even has a random button.

• Replicant 2, hands down. This question is going to be VERY INFORMED by what people write lol... music wise I mean.

• Reamp because it has a combination of EQ and compression and some other magical bits that transform a digital recording into something more analogue and organic sounding, which is more pleasing to the human ear.

• Another vote for Turnado.

• edited September 2019

Toss up between Discord and QuatroMod. Or, maybe iPulsaret as an effect

If IAA, I'd go for Moebius Lab

• Definitely Discord4. I use it on nearly every synth I use. I love the way it shapes the sound

• Turnado. It has everything

• Depends on who wins the Iron Bowl. Auburn: iPulsaret. Bama: Turnado.

• ooh.. tough one.

it would probably be a three way tie between Drambo, Audulus 4, or Mirack Auv3 :D

• @robertreynolds said:
    ProQ3

Yup, thats the one.

• I'm going to look at the question as... if you could have just one effect.

Normally I'd say FAC Chorus, because I really like using it to expand synth sounds.

But.... Ever since I first starting using it, I have to say...
    Numerical audio's, RE-1 Tape Machine

Because when I set the delay time to the shortest setting, and start tweaking all the controls, it can makes the coolest "blade runner types of sounds" than any other effect I've yet used.

• Kozmonaut if you made me live with just one FX App.

You get reverb, multi-tap delays, Hass (stereo wide) processing)
    and filtering with a pristine sound engine.

• edited September 2019

Couldn't live without FAC Chorus. It's hard not picking a delay since it's more versatile and can approximate reverb as well, but I think the FACC is heads and shoulders above any other effect available. There's just somethin special that hits me right.

• Definitely Turnado, that's mother of all FXes ;)

• Audio Damage Grind.

Filthy.

• Klevgr’s Modley

• @AudioGus said:

@robertreynolds said:
    ProQ3

Yup, thats the one.

Yeah, if I had to give up all the others, this would be the one I'd keep.
    I wouldn't want to give up any though ;)

• edited September 2019

For mixing, AudioEffX is the one you want, but for mastering, Bark Filter is amazing.

• ShimmerFX. I know I overuse it, but it just brings so much depth to a bright sound if you apply it with moderation and tone the harshness down a bit. All the other AUs I can pretty much replicate with built-in effects.

• @Oblique said:
    It's gotta be Turnado for me

I need universal to be honest.

But that would be for my iPad only AU FX! For sure