Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aum and The Afterlife / Music in the Hereafter

edited September 2019 in Other

This was so interesting I had to post it. The near death experience of a neurosurgeon, Eben Abraham. In honesty, my nihilistic/agnostic bent wants to reject his tale as delusional hokum. However, the medical context of the illness and the background of Dr. Abraham lends great credence to his story. I would not have posted this here if not for the specific references to the role of music in his rendition. If you just want the music refs just go to 36:00 and 56:00. Whatever the actuality, it is a fascinating description of something more going on... and, strangely, matched up in several distinctive ways to things I learned about the afterlife when I was trying to become and Orthodox Jew (fail). Have some illuminating fun if you so desire...

Comments

• edited September 2019

The Prophet in search of a profit. Now he's got a best selling book and a movie deal - there is a God!

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/interviews/a23248/the-prophet/

• What a load of Bollocks. The Supernatural needs evidence and unfortunately this geezer is spinning a tale that has been told for at least 3,000years by all kinds of people.

• @Greenie, as I said, not my go to explanation of things. So, you think he is doing it just for money and notoriety? As a surgeon he takes a big chance at approbation and censure from his peers. I wish he would have sung the melody that allegedly took him deep in..

as a hippie, in the sixties, I looked within to find my own celestial melody and found it. Eleven notes I have never forgotten.

• Lol.
    Someone gave my wife that book a while ago.
    It has been sitting on the bathroom bookshelf since.
    I have never thought to even take a peek.

Maybe now I will take a quick look.

• You meant to say .You wish he HAD sung this melody. Yes he is a huckster based on this pantomime.

• edited September 2019

Don’t take this guy’s word for it.
    Do some DMT and experience it for yourself.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I wish he would have sung the melody that allegedly took him deep in..

Remember the theme to The Twilight Zone?
    ;)

• edited September 2019

@CracklePot ... I imagine my personal investigation will come soon enough.
    @greenie... this is sort of lighthearted. It hasn’t altered my view on oblivion. But again, can you address this part..., why would a respected neurosurgeon (whose father was same and of great renown) throw away his integrity on hokum? The aspects of his dire illness (2%chance of recovery with vegetative state... neocortex dissolved) and recovery I imagine are legit and easily proven. I imagine the Theosophical Society (an old and respected org) vetted him. His very recovery was quite a miracle in itself (if genuine).

There are other professionals, like psychologist Brian Weiss (Many Lives, Many Masters) who have challenged the establishment with far less of a context and won the respect of their peers. IMO, I cannot confirm nor deny something beyond my personal experience. To say it is impossible because it does not fit my socioreligious frame of reference, or logical thinking... well, you can see the flaws in that argument.

• LinearLineman,1.(Stepfather) was a neurosurgeon ,fallacious,so what . -2.Seems his integrity was undermined by medical lawsuits.-3.No doubt he was ill but the last time I had a case of flu I was delusional as many are.-4. A miracle (if genuine)? 5.The Theosophical Society vetted him which means what,that they own his truth? Sorry mate I’m not convinced

• @Greenie, I certainly am not trying to convince you. You don’t seem to take my word that I am a seeker of oblivion. Not the folderol millions of lives and angels with harps stuff. But, I am not worked up about it.
    I hope you aren’t either.

• Personally, FWIW... if something is useful, (I don’t need it proven to me that) one doesn’t have to wait for something to be proven beyond a doubt in order to benefit from it.

In other words, by the time all the results of the double-blind studies are in, we’ll be dead and buried and our descendants will probably wonder how we managed to survive while being so incredibly dense! 😄

• @Greenie, here is an article from The Skeptic supporting your contentions. Whew, what a relief. No afterlife and I don't have to come back again!

• @Greenie said:
    LinearLineman,1.(Stepfather) was a neurosurgeon ,fallacious,so what . -2.Seems his integrity was undermined by medical lawsuits.-3.No doubt he was ill but the last time I had a case of flu I was delusional as many are.-4. A miracle (if genuine)? 5.The Theosophical Society vetted him which means what,that they own his truth? Sorry mate I’m not convinced

So, do you think the guy is obviously a liar, or is the story just obviously impossible?

• CracklePot ,I think he thinks he’s not lying and the story is improbable (no Viable evidence). -greenie, P.S.LL.no probs with the discussion

• @CracklePot, I liked his references to music... that was fun. I felt skeptical of him for an indirect reason. In the beginning he describes his onset and his family's attentions. But no mention of a wife? So dead or divorced? Anyway he later talks about his former wife. Just wondered why he was not upfront right away. A small thing but it irked me as in some way being disingenuous.

As for the rest, I just suspended my disbelief and enjoyed the show. I mean, for most folks, they like hearing that message of love, I think. I give a lot more credence to Brian Weiss and read his book with fascination. On the bottom line I do not comprehend the need in the first place for souls to evolve to something higher. Why would a omniscient particle need to stir up such a fuss? Judaism says It was lonely. Really? The anthropomorphizing can be silly or subtle. We are imbued with the concept of right and wrong from our earliest days, no? Scientists talk about truth and falsehood. Those are pretty different concepts. The second supposedly eschews moral relativism.

It’s all just too sticky for me. Occam’s Razor points the way to the simplest solution being correct. Reincarnation and an afterlife are anything but simple. In fact, I posit, they are just too complicated and human particle oriented to hold water. I do suspect there is a lot more going on, but that we mortals can splain it with concepts that make things black and white? Naaa, I don’t subscribe.

• If he thinks he is not lying, then he is not a huckster doing pantomime.

I found him to be convincing and sincere.
    Can’t really prove or disprove the reality of his relayed experience, myself.

• Re. the music “Always look on the sunny side of life”. “ Monty Pythons” ,”Life of Brian”

• It is not only in death that you hear music. I believe that you can also hear music if you are being tortured...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3042907.stm