Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DELUGE: Did we talk about this? This is crazy

Comments

• edited September 2019

Double post!

• edited September 2019

Good point about the overdubbing, @Michael_R_Grant . Thanks.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    The version 3.0 firmware is out. Adds live looping and a bunch of functionality regarding audio clips. Extends this remarkable machine still further, and there's still wavetable synthesis to come (probably in Jan 2020 if the trajectory of firmware updates is maintained).

Have a look at Loopop's new video about the Deluge if you're interested:

yeah i need this bad boy ASAP! think im liking this more than the MC707 just for portability factor and those loop overdub layers are INSANE for my beatbox and singing looping stuff.

The only disappointing bit of that video was how Loopop just showed the overdub layers rather than the single overdub workflow that most people will use. This was a major omission. You can hold record and press a pad in the grid on the row below an existing audio clip, to start a new single overdub that will auto-extend at the current zoom level of the Deluge until you tell it to stop. It’s brilliant and much more useful than the layering in practice.

For example, let’s say your first audio clip loop is 2 bars. Start an overdub clip using this method, and you can make it 2/4/6/8/as many bars as you want. Or even hold Shift when you close the loop to close it instantly rather than it carrying on to the end of the allotted bars, for some polyrhythm action. And then you can either overdub the original clip again, or start a new overdub based on your overdub! OR you could clone the original clip and add loads of FX to it, and then overdub that with the FX intact. OR you could go in and live-fiddle with the length or transposition of your clip. OR turn a track with only audio clips into a drone by slowing the BPM to around single digits, piling on FX and playing with the gold knobs.

sweeeeeeet!

• which has the better time stretching quality the octatrack or the Deluge?

• @kobamoto said:
    which has the better time stretching quality the octatrack or the Deluge?

I'd say the Deluge, but I wouldn't directly compare the 2 devices as they're very different. But if we have to, then for live sample mangling, you can't beat the Octatrack. But the Deluge is a much better sequencer and DAW-in-a-box, and is now a much better live looper also. For me, both are desert island machines.

• edited September 2019

I mean the time stretching specifically, there is no way the deluge could mangle like an octa, but I'm mainly interested in the octa for it's time stretching which is why I don't have one already cause it wasn't that impressive, just wondering if the quality the deluge is putting out would be noticeably better or worse?

the master loop box is what is missing in this field I'm wondering if the Deluge is the one.... the mpc live is surprisingly good in this area and already does the loop into a sample pad that you've selected thing and the akai force as well but both are too big in my opinion, I think the Deluge is almost the perfect size

• @kobamoto said:
    I mean the time stretching specifically, there is no way the deluge could mangle like an octa, but I'm mainly interested in the octa for it's time stretching which is why I don't have one already cause it wasn't that impressive, just wondering if the quality the deluge is putting out would be noticeably better or worse?

the master loop box is what is missing in this field I'm wondering if the Deluge is the one.... the mpc live is surprisingly good in this area and already does the loop into a sample pad that you've selected thing and the akai force as well but both are too big in my opinion, I think the Deluge is almost the perfect size

it does look like a perfect size. Its surely the biggest competitor for the OT for me size wise, Octa is amazing for how compact it is but it is chunky and heavy

• yep I had found myself wanting a more defined row of knobs and actual waveform editing on the Deluge when it first came out, also I only wanted to use it for sample based and thought it wasn't up to speed at that time but I think it's getting there now... I was afraid they would come out with a version 2 right after I bought one too but it looks like the dev is hanging in there. I think the mpc and model samples spoiled me a bit on the pads and I hope synthstrom comes out with some velo pads, but outside of that there is not too much I'm waiting for... If it had Follow actions I wouldn't be able to resist

• we are finally to the point where Behringer is celebrated for the quality of their cloning instead of put down for it, akai is emulating ableton's push and Roland is now emulating ableton, and elektron..... I hope the latest offerings from Roland are enough to break through to IOS Devs and allow them to see that it's time to bring clones to IOS. The GR16 Dev gets it already but I want to see a whole slew of ableton like apps and elektron like beat machine apps on deck by sundown :)

• Yes! And lets get that $399 OP-1 clone while we are at it.

Back on topic, I just got really excited again about the Deluge when I realized you can easily plug a midi controller into it with 3.0... my LPD8 Wireless will be the shit for this! velo pads and 8 knobs awww yee.

• I know I know stoooop

• I'm trying to pacify myself in the knowledge that I know I don't want to use a midi controller with the deluge unless I have to, which Is the case I guess but man this update does look great

• Using a midi controller looks kinda clunky since there’s no “Omni mode” to automatically send midi to the selected track. Can anyone confirm? (I’ve really got my eyes and wallet set on one of these. )

• The reason this isn’t a “Daw within a Box” is that there doesn’t seem to be a basic sound library other than the onboard synth...not like say, SampleTank iOS , BeatHawk or what’s in my Yamaha MODX for that matter.

• @Telstar5 said:
    The reason this isn’t a “Daw within a Box” is that there doesn’t seem to be a basic sound library other than the onboard synth...not like say, SampleTank iOS , BeatHawk or what’s in my Yamaha MODX for that matter.

it's got the workings for multisamples though, thats a big plus

• @Gaia.Tree , it is peculiar though that I haven't seen any good sample based videos, have you?

• @Telstar5 said:
    The reason this isn’t a “Daw within a Box” is that there doesn’t seem to be a basic sound library other than the onboard synth...not like say, SampleTank iOS , BeatHawk or what’s in my Yamaha MODX for that matter.

I guess that means Protools isn't a DAW either*.

• Continuing silly semantic argument from other thread :)
  • edited September 2019

😶

• edited September 2019

@pauly said:

@Telstar5 said:

No , it’s not “silly”, genius 😡.... In fact you’ve just bolstered my point . The limitations of Pro Tools other than being a pro standard bearer is what drove so many users to Logic, Studio One etc. You still have to connect Deluge to something else to do a full production, at this point anyway.

• @kobamoto said:

@Telstar5 said:

it's got the workings for multisamples though, thats a big plus

Of course.. It’s got all kinds of “Big plusses”.. I just wouldn’t think of it as a DAW in the way that I think of say GarageBand or Stagelight

• @pauly said:

@Telstar5 said:

Or Nanostudio...

• I would totally buy one but the company does not use Sweetwater Music here in the US!

Unfortunately I only can buy my gear off Sweetwater so sadly don't think a Deluge is in my future unless I get one off a private person.

• I bought a used Deluge from a dude in the UK via the 'Open' Facebook group. They seem to come up for sale there every now and again. More so than eBay etc.

• @Oblique said:
    I bought a used Deluge from a dude in the UK via the 'Open' Facebook group. They seem to come up for sale there every now and again. More so than eBay etc.

Most people don't do financing like Sweetwater!
    LOL

SO IF ANYONE IN THE US WANTS TO SELL ME A DELUGE CONTACT ME!

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I would totally buy one but the company does not use Sweetwater Music here in the US!

Unfortunately I only can buy my gear off Sweetwater so sadly don't think a Deluge is in my future unless I get one off a private person.

Why can you only buy it off Sweetwater?

• edited September 2019

I just missed one on reverb 2 days ago :(
    I was so relieved haha , a moment of weakness

• @kobamoto said:
    I just missed one on reverb 2 days ago :(
    I was so relieved haha , a moment of weakness

lol

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    I would totally buy one but the company does not use Sweetwater Music here in the US!

Why can you only buy it off Sweetwater?

I don't think anyone will give me 36 months no interest.....LOL

• wow, my mind has been changed about the value of the synth on the Deluge.

• edited January 2020

@kobamoto said:
    wow, my mind has been changed about the value of the synth on the Deluge.

nice! thanks for posting that.
    The synth seems to easily be on par with Sunriser & Zeeon; the factory patches don’t do it justice.

Definitely buying this pack, mainly to study and hopefully get some ideas and starting points for my own programming,