Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alternatives to Lurssen?

I’ve been looking at some of the Waves plugins like REDD and the Abbey Road studios for headphone mixing. Lurssen was the closest thing I could find but the demo was garbage. Is there anything else along the lines of those Waves plugins for mixing and mastering on iOS?

Comments

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I’ve been looking at some of the Waves plugins like REDD and the Abbey Road studios for headphone mixing. Lurssen was the closest thing I could find but the demo was garbage. Is there anything else along the lines of those Waves plugins for mixing and mastering on iOS?

FabFilter Pro-L2 is all you need for mastering IMO. You can always add Pro Q3 as well if need be.

• @richardyot said:
    FabFilter Pro-L2 is all you need for mastering IMO. You can always add Pro Q3 as well if need be.

Would the ToneBooster's Barricade (Limiter w LUFS -14 metering) and EQ serve as a budget alternative for your mastering process? I respect your advice for studio productions.

• @richardyot said:

Yeah I’ve been learning more about eq and applying it and I’m kind of blown away by how far Pro q has been taking me

• For an all-in-one solution, you could use Grand Finale from Klevgrand. For universal plugins, you got your Toneboosters. For iPad-only, you cannot beat Fabfilter (at least as of this writing). If only they'd release Saturn as an AU.

• in my opinion nothing is an alternative but other things are just as powerful
    Audio Mastering
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audio-mastering/id640515541
    Final Touch
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/final-touch-audio-mastering/id823605276

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Grand Finale is great for doofuses like me that do more far harm than good when trying to master.

• @McD said:

@richardyot said:

Would the ToneBooster's Barricade (Limiter w LUFS -14 metering) and EQ serve as a budget alternative for your mastering process? I respect your advice for studio productions.

There’s nothing budget about the sound of those, the Reverb is excellent too!

• @McD said:

@richardyot said:

Yes absolutely. I've done some testing with Barricade and IMO it's just as good as FabFilter Pro-L2.

It also has a couple of features that Pro-L2 lacks, such as being able to reduce the input gain (which annoyingly Pro-L2 lacks), and it has a really nice input stage where you can add various types of saturation - the tape saturation sounds really good, probably the best I've heard on iOS. There's also an inline compressor which you can use before the limiter to add some glue to the track. It's very well featured, and sounds just as good as the FabFilter IMO.

• @richardyot said:
    ToneBooster's Barricade has a really nice input stage where you can add various types of saturation - the tape saturation sounds really good, probably the best I've heard on iOS.

Oh yes. I need this app. I have some apps that say they add saturation but I want the good
    really good kind. Where the tube sound kicks in. Not the type where the sonic integrity checks out.

• @richardyot said:

@McD said:

@richardyot said:

Yes absolutely. I've done some testing with Barricade and IMO it's just as good as FabFilter Pro-L2.

It also has a couple of features that Pro-L2 lacks, such as being able to reduce the input gain (which annoyingly Pro-L2 lacks), and it has a really nice input stage where you can add various types of saturation - the tape saturation sounds really good, probably the best I've heard on iOS. There's also an inline compressor which you can use before the limiter to add some glue to the track. It's very well featured, and sounds just as good as the FabFilter IMO.

The saturation is really good indeed. Thanks for the tip. This app is definitely not just a limiter...

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    For an all-in-one solution, you could use Grand Finale from Klevgrand. For universal plugins, you got your Toneboosters. For iPad-only, you cannot beat Fabfilter (at least as of this writing). If only they'd release Saturn as an AU.

Heh... of all the Fab plugs there are four I would have immediately purchased in AU form for iOS, so naturally NONE of the four (Volcano, Timeless, Saturn, and Twin 2) have become AUv3.

• @ZenLizard said:
    Heh... of all the Fab plugs there are four I would have immediately purchased in AU form for iOS, so naturally NONE of the four (Volcano, Timeless, Saturn, and Twin 2) have become AUv3.

:smiley:

• @wim said:
    Grand Finale is great for doofuses like me that do more far harm than good when trying to master.

Yes, it’s doofus-proof