Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New keyboard - irig keys 2 with midi and audio

Comments

• I really do fail to see the point with only giving it output...

While they are at it why not add audio input as well since the same chip can most likely be used to do both AD/DA anyway.
    But oops, then there would no longer be a market for iRig Keys I/O.

Sorry for be like I am but to me this is another 'half baked' hardware product, sorry...

• @Samu idk it looks like they are just updating their old midi controller. Doesn’t seem half baked - what other midi controller do you know of that has headphone out? Makes it easy to use with iPhone with no headphone jack. I’m already happy with my microkey air though...

• @mjcouche said:
    @Samu idk it looks like they are just updating their old midi controller. Doesn’t seem half baked - what other midi controller do you know of that has headphone out?

None, but that's not the point. The point is that if there already is a converter in the box then adding a line-in would not require that much extra and would add value to the product. For stage usage the device would need line-out and a headphone jack anyway...

But then again I'm not IK's 'target market' for this product so please excuse my brain droppings...

• I am still waiting for my perfect midi keyboard controller.

Although I basically already have one — it’s the Novation Xiosynth — and it’s perfect in every respect except it could do with being a bit smaller for use with an iPad.

The xiosynth has everything I want in an iPad controller (mains+usb+battery power, audio in, audio out, headphones, midi in and out).

But Mine is a bit battered and bruised. I used it for gigging for years as my keyboard controller + bass amp and main audio outs for synths and drums.

I’ve been after a replacement for it for years.

The irig I/o has proprietary cables and coupled with the stupid cost of the not included power supply this rules it out for me.

I was hoping they had actually come up with the ideal keyboard. Nope.

So Novation. You’ve done it once with the xiosynth and much missed x-station.

I’m sure there must be a market for a controller with proper audio in/out, headphones, 5 pin midi in/out with battery, bus or mains power. Im a little amazed that nobody makes one anymore.

Novation are unfortunately quite good at discontinuing their best products without replacing them.

• @klownshed said:
    I am still waiting for my perfect midi keyboard controller.

Although I basically already have one — it’s the Novation Xiosynth — and it’s perfect in every respect except it could do with being a bit smaller for use with an iPad.

The xiosynth has everything I want in an iPad controller (mains+usb+battery power, audio in, audio out, headphones, midi in and out).

But Mine is a bit battered and bruised. I used it for gigging for years as my keyboard controller + bass amp and main audio outs for synths and drums.

I’ve been after a replacement for it for years.

The irig I/o has proprietary cables and coupled with the stupid cost of the not included power supply this rules it out for me.

I was hoping they had actually come up with the ideal keyboard. Nope.

So Novation. You’ve done it once with the xiosynth and much missed x-station.

I’m sure there must be a market for a controller with proper audio in/out, headphones, 5 pin midi in/out with battery, bus or mains power. Im a little amazed that nobody makes one anymore.

Novation are unfortunately quite good at discontinuing their best products without replacing them.

I need multiple USBs C and 8 5 pins, in, out and thru...and many other things...doubt I will see it...LOL

• @Samu said:
    I really do fail to see the point with only giving it output...

While they are at it why not add audio input as well since the same chip can most likely be used to do both AD/DA anyway.

Sorry for be like I am but to me this is another 'half baked' hardware product, sorry...

It is an update for iRig Keys which would not allow for audio output easily with newer devices. Like you point out, we already have a controller with a built-in audio interface so people who are interested in that can use iRig Keys I/O. These are not "half-baked" they are designed precisely to be very portable controllers, just like the previous, with updates to that specific line that make sense and leaving the audio interface functionality to iRig Keys I/O or interfaces with MIDI I/O etc which we already have available.

• @Samu said:
    I really do fail to see the point with only giving it output...

+1

I hate when companies deliberately limit a product. It is obviously not a technical limitation. Adding I/O capability would have greatly enhanced the capabilities of this product.