Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @Samu said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Samu said:
    Why does this make me think of Drambo?!?!

(Cool Dude so Worth Following)

Cool dude and like the ideas but heck, I could do most of that with Koala on my iPhone.

For me Koala is a bit glitchy when replacing sounds that are already being played...
    Ie. there's no way to 'overdub/replace' content on a pad, it needs to be deleted first slowing things down :)

Certainly, Koala lacks some of the features that Octatrack has. Just saying that for the small price of the Koala app and the iPhone I already have in my pocket, I can achieve lots of the same musical results without the $$$ of an Octatrack, a microphone, a mixer, an interface, etc.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Certainly, Koala lacks some of the features that Octatrack has. Just saying that for the small price of the Koala app and the iPhone I already have in my pocket, I can achieve lots of the same musical results without the $$$ of an Octatrack, a microphone, a mixer, an interface, etc.

Agree, Koala is pretty awesome for what it does and it's fast to work with.
    A step editor with parameter automation would take it to another level...
    (for example per step sample-start automation, love NanoLoop for that!).

• edited August 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

p locking sample start is very effective, lets do that and cutoff and reso and decay, and overdrive and pitch, ...
    now lets morph between different settings and explore whats in-between 😃
    you see where this is going B)

Now comes the BIG question. Can we also 'sample' stuff with Drambo?
    Mono, Stereo or Both and maybe chose another Drambo track as input for nice re-sampling or just 'effects processing'.
    Or maybe even put in an effects slot in AUM and sample whats going thru? (This is something I love to do with E-L-S-A).

If it's a YES what kind of basic editing features will the sample get? (trim, fade in/out, normalise, remove DC offset etc?).
    Can we also choose what input to sample from in the stand-alone? (In AUM the host would handle the input).
    (I'm still too hooked on the Renoise way of doing things and now that it's got time-stretching I'm like really hooked).

Don't know why I keep spelling it Drumbo (Maybe too close to 'Drumbox' or something?!).

But as always there's always room for improvement and I'm happy since Arturia accepted my feature suggestions for the MicroFreak. (Scheduled for implementation in the next firmware update, when ever that may be).

• edited August 2019
  • @Max23 said:
    To be frank I never edit audio on ios it’s a drag, I do complex audio editing in seconds on the laptop, takes forever on iOS

@giku_beepstreet this tester is not equipped to give you feedback given that it takes him forever to edit audio on iOS. Just so happens that I'm available to step right in as his replacement in the testing cohort. You're welcome in advance. ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    Yes
    Editing is very basic but does it’s thing,
    There are lots of audioeditors, no need to reinvent the wheel here

All I really need is trim/crop before saving the sample.
    Fade in/out can be done with fast envelopes and if the level is low a gain & saturation can always be used boost it :)

• edited August 2019
  • @Samu said:

@Max23 said:
    Yes

Fade in/out can be done with fast envelopes and if the level is low a gain & saturation can always be used boost it :)

For now there is trim / normalize and markers editor. More comes soon.
    Sampler can sample from its input or global input (AU / standalone), Record can be p-locked.

• @Max23 said:

@Samu said:

@Max23 said:
    Yes

All possible

Ok,

Is it possible in the sampler to set 'markers' on the waveform?
    This would make it easer and faster to 'p-lock' to a 'label' rather than to a specific sample location.
    (This is something I like a lot in Renoise together with it's new time-stretch features).

When moving the sample start/end can the handles be locked to a divisions?(1/16, 1/4 etc.).

From what is know now Drambo will be hard to Beat :D

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

@Max23 said:

@Samu said:

@Max23 said:
    Yes

All possible

Ok,

Is it possible in the sampler to set 'markers' on the waveform?
    This would make it easer and faster to 'p-lock' to a 'label' rather than to a specific sample location.
    (This is something I like a lot in Renoise together with it's new time-stretch features).

When moving the sample start/end can the handles be locked to a divisions?(1/16, 1/4 etc.).

From what is know now Drambo will be hard to Beat :D

Yes you can edit markers and play slices in different modes: manual/plock, note, velocity

• @giku_beepstreet said:

For now there is trim / normalize and markers editor. More comes soon.
    Sampler can sample from its input or global input (AU / standalone), Record can be p-locked.

Ok, have you tested it with audio-interfaces that have multiple inputs?
    I've only got an interface with 4 inputs (Steinberg UR-242) so being able to select 1,2,3,4(Mono) or 1&2,3&4(Stereo) as input would be handy.

Then again when using a host such as AUM the input selection is done there with Drambo in FX slot.

• @SanMateo said:

Also 'process/trig order' is important, like set the sample-start before triggering the step, otherwise the value would active on the following step. For reverse this is especially important because who likes to set the direction on the previous step?
    (This is something I do NOT like in Gadget, the reverse flag has to be set on the previous step).

I've tried with sample start and reverse in Gadget and I cannot confirm. Works even when placed at exactly the same position as the note.

Wait did I miss something? Gadget has trig conditions?

Nope, only unconditional writing in Gadget ;)

• edited August 2019

@giku_beepstreet said:

P-locked sampling?
    Huh?
    Are the sampled snippets merged into one file then?

• @rs2000 said:

@SanMateo said:

Also 'process/trig order' is important, like set the sample-start before triggering the step, otherwise the value would active on the following step. For reverse this is especially important because who likes to set the direction on the previous step?
    (This is something I do NOT like in Gadget, the reverse flag has to be set on the previous step).

I've tried with sample start and reverse in Gadget and I cannot confirm. Works even when placed at exactly the same position as the note.

Wait did I miss something? Gadget has trig conditions?

Nope, only unconditional writing in Gadget ;)

HA! Thanks!

• @rs2000 said:

Ok, seems to have been silently fixed, thanks! :)
    (Now I can bet back to abusing reverse in the Gadgets).

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Yes you can edit markers and play slices in different modes: manual/plock, note, velocity

Are there any news? :smiley:

• @OhmAgar said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

I heard tools next Album will release pre drambo.... They just gotta tour the last one 15 years or so... And then, drambo!!!
    Haha just teasing big boss drambo man

• Huuuuummm 🤪🤤
    Drumbo paired with my Octatrack
    I haven’t buy any Drum’s app since i heard about Drambo.
    It seems to be an amazing apps.
    🤙

• All I can say is that it will be a blast ;)

• This is just my monthly Drambo post.

DRAMBO! I long for you.

• Our we being optimistic hoping this will drop in 2019. I would be a great Christmas Pressie.

• @OhmAgar said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

As with all pre announced overhyped audio apps we might be glad if it will be out before the end of next year...

• @Max23 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Max23 said:
    To be frank I never edit audio on ios it’s a drag, I do complex audio editing in seconds on the laptop, takes forever on iOS

@giku_beepstreet this tester is not equipped to give you feedback given that it takes him forever to edit audio on iOS. Just so happens that I'm available to step right in as his replacement in the testing cohort. You're welcome in advance. ;)

Nothing beats the precise action of the mouse and keyboard shortcuts for editing ;)

I actually prefer trimming and the like in Twisted Wave on the iPad to using a mouse and keyboard in any desktop app I have.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Max23 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Max23 said:

Nothing beats the precise action of the mouse and keyboard shortcuts for editing ;)

I actually prefer trimming and the like in Twisted Wave on the iPad to using a mouse and keyboard in any desktop app I have.

Not surprising to me tbh. In Logic I need to press and hold a key then drag down with the mouse. In TW I just zoom out using two fingers.

In theory everything using touch screen should be more immediate to mouse and keyboard action.

• @supadom said:

Not surprising to me tbh. In Logic I need to press and hold a key then drag down with the mouse. In TW I just zoom out using two fingers.

You don't even need two fingers for zoom, just swipe up or down with one finger ;)

• @Samu said:

@supadom said:

You don't even need two fingers for zoom, just swipe up or down with one finger ;)

True that!

• 71 pages!!!

This is too much fun - how long can we have a thread for an app still in development?

• @Daveypoo said:
    71 pages!!!

This is too much fun - how long can we have a thread for an app still in development?

Depends on how long we keep posting...
    Latest beta dropped today so it's definitely alive and kicking :)

This discussion has been closed.