Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Audio Damage Fall Sale starts now!

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

Quote:

The Audio Damage Fall Sale starts now! All desktop products are 35% off with the code FALL2019, and all iOS products have been dropped to Tier 2 pricing (US$2.99).

Note the iOS price change may take a couple hours to propagate through the App Store ecosystem. Discounts last until Sept 22 so you have plenty of time.

https://apps.apple.com/developer/id1248448317

Comments

• OK, so you have $2.99 only to spend, which do you get ?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    OK, so you have $2.99 only to spend, which do you get ?

Replicant 2. I use it on almost every drum bus.

• @AndyPlankton said:

EOS 2 - without hesitation

For a start, it's a lovely reverb. But it's also the one in the lineup that's had the most recent overhaul to its code, and the recent anniversary update makes it far more stable and dependable than some of the earlier AD plugins (at least, this is my experience in BM3)

• @tk32 said:
    EOS 2 - without hesitation

For me too! EOS 2!

• Channel strip - it was the only one I didn’t have

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Channel strip - it was the only one I didn’t have

Same here 😊

• Think I have to wait :# Prices within the app store are changed when I view the AD account. When I click on a specific app, the price shown is different. PhaseThree f.e. shows up as €3,49 but when I click on it it’s €5,49....

If you do not already own some stuff from AD: I personally like Discord4, Filterstation2 & Quanta. Now i’m thinking of purchasing Axon and PhaseThree (maybe some others). EOS2 is nice, but I also dig the recently released TB Reverb.

• Is Channel Strip good? Only one missing too.

• @AndyPlankton said:

Discord 4, one of my most used fx.

• @Janosax said:
    Is Channel Strip good? Only one missing too.

Its very basic, with gate, 3-band eq, and compressor based off the free Rough Rider. It doesn't do anything for me, and I much prefer other compressors on my input instruments, so it's up to you whether the little it provides is worth your time of adding per track and tweaking as necessary.

• edited September 2019

My opinion for the 'only one' is probably Phosphor 2. I just love the sound of it. Also of note, iOS is lacking in the phaser department so theirs is easily the best around.

Edit: If you dispute me about the phaser or know of any others that are on par or better, please tell me so I can buy it. Going through a kick right now, and I only know of the Flora one.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Oh yah! I keep coming back to it lately. I think I need to start tracks more minimal and let fx like this fill in the gaps more than just loading in another synth.

Anywho, time for me to grab Quanta and Filterstation2 now. Noice...

• Sweet, my collection is complete now. Finally got Quanta, Adverb, and PhaseThree

• @AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Oh yah! I keep coming back to it lately. I think I need to start tracks more minimal and let fx like this fill in the gaps more than just loading in another synth.

Anywho, time for me to grab Quanta and Filterstation2 now. Noice...

Those two are good too.

• edited September 2019

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Grabbed :)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Channel strip - it was the only one I didn’t have

Same

• @AndyPlankton said:

Quanta. Not only is it the biggest discount but it's a great synth for ambient soundscapes and sample manipulation.

• Channel Strip is one of the most useless app I bought. You can skip it without regrets.

• @AndyPlankton said:

i would say it very much depends on what is your main DAW :-)

My choice would be Quanta or Discord 4 or Dubstation

• Is Axon 2 working well for people?
    I had it when it first released, but it was really broken, and I ended up refunding it.

Besides that one, I am short Pumphouse and Channel Strip. I kind of feel I have those covered, though.

• I bought Phase Three. The only one of their apps I don't have now is Adverb. Is it worth getting if I already have Eos, ProR, and Blackhole???

• @audio_DT said:
    I bought Phase Three. The only one of their apps I don't have now is Adverb. Is it worth getting if I already have Eos, ProR, and Blackhole???

Adverb is my go to 80s style digital reverb. Synthwave goodness.

• I own like every one but sadly I never use any of them anymore
    But that’s the consumer life I live haha.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have eos2, dubstation, quatromod and grind so went for discord 4.

I look forward to completely breaking ns2 with it :naughty:

• @AndyPlankton said:

If there was only $2.99 in me pocket, I’d get a different job! 😄

But really... Phosphor 2 has eluded me thus far. No longer!

• edited September 2019

@audio_DT ADverb2 is a must have too, especially on drums/percussion or percussive/short envelope synths/sounds. I love it as much as EOS2 for different reasons.

• edited September 2019

@Janosax said:
    Is Channel Strip good? Only one missing too.

I find it useless because it doesn't add anything to the usual stock channel strips. No downward expander either.
    Most other AD plugs are really good tho.
    Also the first time that the Enso looper can be had for a bargain price.

• edited September 2019

I don't have Enso.

I remember at some point user were having issues with it.

Is that still the case or are those resolved now? Thanks.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    I don't have Enso.

I remember at some point user were having issues with it.

Is that still the case or are those resolved now? Thanks.

Enso is nice AND it has a few issues that bother some more than others.

Multiple ENSO's at once are somewhat to crashing for some people (like me) but others have better luck.

It doesn't do any sort of micro-fading at loop points -- so, it is somewhat more prone to clicking when looping than other loopers -- but I don't encounter very often.

It is very cool.